What's new

Ishrat Jahan case: Intelligence won’t survive the investigation

Unlike you, I don't have a set political preference. I can see the mud on both sides, though in this case, it is the Congress which is being both reckless & stupid bordering on dangerous.

Politics is always muddy. Do you believe in philosopher kings?? If you do, they are the worst.

Unlike you, I don't have a set political preference. I can see the mud on both sides, though in this case, it is the Congress which is being both reckless & stupid bordering on dangerous.
If only we were at other end of this episode then would have condemned BJP too for undermining our security , Nation comes first for us Hindutva is though close second as both are intertwined with each other's destiny.

Politics is always muddy. Do you believe in philosopher kings?? If you do, they are the worst.

Politics may be muddy but for nearly half a century & certainly since the violence in Punjab, an unspoken agreement existed whereby Intelligence operation, & the Armed forces at the senior-most levels were not politicised. That agreement has now been discarded, first by the ridiculous behaviour of the Congress in this case & by the BJP's attitude towards the case against right wing Hindu groups involved in terrorist attacks. The Congress though is gulty of the more serious crime here, one that will have enormous implications for national security.

Politics may be muddy but for nearly half a century & certainly since the violence in Punjab, an unspoken agreement existed whereby Intelligence operation, & the Armed forces at the senior-most levels were not politicised. That agreement has now been discarded, first by the ridiculous behaviour of the Congress in this case & by the BJP's attitude towards the case against right wing Hindu groups involved in terrorist attacks. The Congress though is gulty of the more serious crime here, one that will have enormous implications for national security.

There is no Right wing terrorism... you have swallowed Congress propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Hindutva attack was more of a step in line of self - defence by retaliation . You must observe we reacted after being acted upon , like Gujarat riots after Godhra incident.We are never the instigator, do you want us to get slayed in our own country ???

Congress has been reckless and dangerous many times, from bhindranwale, Assam, Kashmir rigging, hindu terrorism remarks to diplomats - you name it. Even today on bodh gaya issue read digvijay's remarks, they are borderline treason worded carefully.

The article very well articulates the realities, to me it only exposes the anti national nature of power hungry family worshipping congress.

There is no Right wing terrorism... you have swallowed Congress propaganda hook, line and sinker.

Take it easy man, he is one the most respected and non-biased poster unlike Joe.

Hindutva attack was more of a step in line of self - defence by retaliation . You must observe we reacted after being actied upon , like Gujarat riots after Godhra incident.We are never the instigator, do you want us to get slayed in our own country ???

no, No...he is talking about the Samjhauta express and Malegaon blasts...

Take it easy man, he is one the most respected and non-biased poster unlike Joe.

Im not being harsh with him.

no, No...he is talking about the Samjhauta express and Malegaon blasts...

Yes , I know that but he is not completely off the mark, convicts are mostly hindus which is documented by MI as well , you also know that, but I take it as retaliation to various attacks on us.

Im not being harsh with him.

Thanks for that.

There was & probably still is. It is never going to be as dangerous a threat as Islamic terrorism because it is motivated, as pointed by @SURYA-1 by the desire of revenge but it would be cussed to behave as if it does not exist. My point though was completely different. Whether there was a case or not to answer, it certainly wasn't for the BJP as the principal opposition party to be pleading on behalf of anyone accused of "terrorism". By doing that they have exposed themselves to the charge of being selective on terrorism & having two sets of standards, one for Muslim terrorists and another for Hindu terrorists. That permanently damaged both their credibility & their hardline stance on terrorism. Anyone running the Indian government is charged with protecting the nation, if that means you take down Hindu terrorists, you do that with the same ruthlessness as you would(and should) against Muslim terrorists.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW notice Nitish Kumar has shown his true colors too, that for his votes and in turn power, he is willing to sacrifice the national interest at the first chance he gets.

I guess despite being with NDA for long, what they said about him is true, that he is secular indeed :)

There was & probably still is. It is never going to be as dangerous a threat as Islamic terrorism because it is motivated, as pointed by @SURYA-1 by the desire of revenge but it would be cussed to behave as if it does not exist. My point though was completely different. Whether there was a case or not to answer, it certainly wasn't for the BJP as the principal opposition party to be pleading on behalf of anyone accused of "terrorism". By doing that they have exposed themselves to the charge of being selective on terrorism & having two sets of standards, one for Muslim terrorists and another for Hindu terrorists. That permanently damaged both their credibility & their hardline stance on terrorism. Anyone running the Indian government is charged with protecting the nation, if that means you take down Hindu terrorists, you do that with the same ruthlessness as you would(and should) against Muslim terrorists.

The problem with Hindus is that they create equations with too many variables. That we are too intellectual, too indecisive, and hopelessly idealist to boot. If you consider too many things, you will probably not go to vote at all. I dont want a lily white party. For all I know, BJP may be even more corrupt. But I dont care because I am clear that I want to get rid of foreign rule and need someone to protect and advance my culture and nation. If its got to be a goon, it better be my goon.

As far as I am concerned , BJP did the right thing, as we look upon them to safeguard us from unruly old devils by hook or a crook.We don't want to give away India to unrest, turbulence and uprisings like in ME countries.

The problem with Hindus is that they create equations with too many variables. That we are too intellectual, too indecisive, and hopelessly idealist to boot. If you consider too many things, you will probably not go to vote at all. I dont want a lily white party. For all I know, BJP may be even more corrupt. But I dont care because I am clear that I want to get rid of foreign rule and need someone to protect and advance my culture and nation. If its got to be a goon, it better be my goon.

I'm my own person just as you are your own... we apply different standards to decide what constitutes a valid choice. Religion is not in my list.

Apart from corruption part, everything you wrote I agreed with that.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom