What's new

Is yoga Hindu?

That's what you tried to do, didn't you? :lol::lol: Forget Yoga and meditation not your cup of tea get back to slaughtering and rivers of blood

My Hindu friend. I would like to ask you a serious question about this practice of Yoga. This question has nothing to do with trolling you or your religion. Just a very genuine question.

Would you be willing to respond maturely?

My Hindu friend. I would like to ask you a serious question about this practice of Yoga. This question has nothing to do with trolling you or your religion. Just a very genuine question.

Would you be willing to respond maturely?
Go ahead !

Yoga was practised by Dravidian God Shiva. Nothing to do with likes of mongrels like baba ramdev.

i do yoga at gym..it is great ...we even have 2 put our hands together and say om..om..om..after yoga u feel very tantalized

First of all, this should not be questionable. Yes , yoga is from Hinduism but now it becomes universal. But no one should take it as religious practice because Hinduism itself is not religion but civilization. All south Asian countries is part of Hindu civilization , so anybody can do yoga.

Its not yoga that is universal, its Hinduism that is universal.

Yoga is just a small part of the practices in hinduism.

One does not have to be a chrisitan to do charity or be a muslim to not eat pork.

Go ahead !

Since @Fireurimagination ran away like a coward, I will ask you. He's probably a troll anyway.

Do you Hindus practice Yoga when you are doing your worship/Pujaa at your temples?

You see the body is one with the mind. I consider stretching of the muscles as equivalent to Yoga. It brings the mind and body together. Ultimately, it brings together inner peace.

As a Muslim, you will see that when Muslims pray, we also do these physical stretches. I'm not sure If you are aware of how Muslims pray, but If you look closely, we also physically move our bodies as we pray. We stretch, and we pray 5 times a day.

islamic-prayer-done-muslim-sheikh-24553922.jpg

Would just like to see Hindu insight regarding this.

Since @Fireurimagination ran away like a coward, I will ask you. He's probably a troll anyway.

Do you Hindus practice Yoga when you are doing your worship/Pujaa at your temples?

You see the body is one with the mind. I consider stretching of the muscles as equivalent to Yoga. It brings the mind and body together. Ultimately, it brings together inner peace.

As a Muslim, you will see that when Muslims pray, we also do these physical stretches. I'm not sure If you are aware of how Muslims pray, but If you look closely, we also physically move our bodies as we pray.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's all about how you look at things. You think they are exercising while prayer. Some devout muslims might think they are only praying. some would think they are practising sexual poses or kamasutra.

No offence.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's all about how you look at things. You think they are exercising while prayer. Some devout muslims might think they are only praying. some would think they are practising sexual poses or kamasutra.

No offence.

To be honest, I don't even know how Hindus give their namaz in temples?

In bollywood films, they ring a bell, put their hands together, and then say hai Ram I need Raveena Tandon to be safe. Not sure how hindus do their prayers.

In bollywood films, they ring a bell, put their hands together, and then say hai Ram I need Raveena Tandon to be safe. Not sure how hindus do their prayers.
Muh mein RAM RAM aur baghel mein churi. That's how we do itz.

As a Muslim, you will see that when Muslims pray, we also do these physical stretches. I'm not sure If you are aware of how Muslims pray, but If you look closely, we also physically move our bodies as we pray. We stretch, and we pray 5 times a day.

You raise a very valid point here.

Let me answer you very sincerely,since I am a practitioner of yoga from last 12 years.

1. Yoga is not just stretching of muscles. Yoga is western abbreviation of word YOG .Yog means Union in Sanskrit.

2. Yog has different interpretations.You can call it a Union of body and mind or Union of soul and God or Union of Devotee and God.

3. What you see i.e. stretching of muscles is only a preparatory stage of real Yoga. Yoga has 8 stages .Asana i.e. stretching of muscles is only 4 th stage. After it comes Pranayama i.e. breathing exercises. After it Dhyan i.e. mediation.After it comes Samadhi which is a way above meditation. It is a way of seeking God internally.

4. Bhakti yoga (in Islamic religion , doing sajda before Allah and offering Namaz) is THE HIGHEST form of YOGA. You don't need to stretch your muscles or breathing exercises if you are already connected with God(Allah).

5. To me yoga is just a way among many or a tool by which you bring yourself closer to God which gives inner peace.

There is nothing specific described in Hinduism, unlike in Quran for Muslims. So a normal person when go to temple first enters by touching ground by hands then to their lips and forehead (same is done by our athletes you may have seen our Kabaddi team doing, even some Pakistani Kabaddi team players do that although it maybe because of influence from Indian coach Pakistani team has). There are bells in temple so normally people just ring the bell along and then pray by joining hands just like any other Dharmic religion. :-)

Muh mein RAM RAM aur baghel mein churi. That's how we do itz.
Flase flagger @waz

You raise a very valid point here.

Let me answer you very sincerely,since I am a practitioner of yoga from last 12 years.

1. Yoga is not just stretching of muscles. Yoga is western abbreviation of word YOG .Yog means Union in Sanskrit.

2. Yog has different interpretations.You can call it a Union of body and mind or Union of soul and God or Union of Devotee and God.

3. What you see i.e. stretching of muscles is only a preparatory stage of real Yoga. Yoga has 8 stages .Asana i.e. stretching of muscles is only 4 th stage. After it comes Pranayama i.e. breathing exercises. After it Dhyan i.e. mediation.After it comes Samadhi which is a way above meditation. It is a way of seeking God internally.

4. Bhakti yoga (in Islamic religion , doing sajda before Allah and offering Namaz) is THE HIGHEST form of YOGA. You don't need to stretch your muscles or breathing exercises if you are already connected with God(Allah).

5. To me yoga is just a way among many or a tool by which you bring yourself closer to God which gives inner peace.

Before Islam, we had many prophets, and I think most likely Allah swt sent many towards Indian subcontinent. There might not have been Islam at the time, but Islam is the final form of religion.

If you ever visit a madrasa(not sure about India), but you will see that all of the kids reciting Quran sway back and worth like a flame on a candle.

There is nothing specific described in Hinduism, unlike in Quran for Muslims. So a normal person when go to temple first enters by touching ground by hands then to their lips and forehead (same is done by our athletes you may have seen our Kabaddi team doing, even some Pakistani Kabaddi team players do that although it maybe because of influence from Indian coach Pakistani team has). There are bells in temple so normally people just ring the bell along and then pray by joining hands just like any other Dharmic religion. :-)

Flase flagger @waz
STFU you bimaru bhaiyya. I am the aboriginal Indian. Don't you dare to call me an false-flagger you invader.

Before Islam, we had many prophets, and I think most likely Allah swt sent many towards Indian subcontinent. There might not have been Islam at the time, but Islam is the final form of religion.

If you ever visit a madrasa(not sure about India), but you will see that all of the kids reciting Quran sway back and worth like a flame on a candle.

Kids rarely go to school willingly. Most kid want to go to playground unless one is nerd.:blink:

Back
Top Bottom