What's new

Is yoga Hindu?

Yes it's Hindu, do not practice it or you will end up looking like this;

latest
Dont post my pics online. I prize my privacy.

For Asians, the land across the Bosphorus strait was Greece. So for an Asian invader who doesn't know much about the rest of Europe, entire Europe is Greece or Greek Subcontinent! (borrowing the land-across-river logic!)

Kaptaan you're living in Akhand Greece! :D
@Nilgiri here is another gem for ur collection.

I was interested in joining the ashram until I heard the fees last month. They accept volunteers too I think.

If you are looking to learn Shiva Yoga for a lesser fee you can try Sivapremananda. He teaches Siddha Yoga for free. His lineage is from Siddha Thirumoolar the great Tamil Yogi.

I think Sivapremananda is from Karnataka, Hubli.

I have seen people claiming experiences of flying and behaving as if they have lost control of their bodies. It is explained away as awakening of the kundalini energy which the physical body is unable to contain in both Nityananda's ashram and Sadhguru's ashram as well as in Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's ashram.

Then I have watched videos of South Korean Protestant Christians who display a somewhat similar but more disruptive behavior. Are these two phenomenons same and coming from the same energy source?

Awakening the kundalini without adequate preparation is not advisable. Unless one learns to understand and control one's own body, your cannot / should not unlock the kundalini which is the core of your being. It would be like allowing a bull in a china shop.

That is why Mind control and then Breath control (via PranaYama) is taught first in stages,

Stage 1 - Bhastrika
stage 2 -kapalbhati -
Stage 3 - Nnadi shodhana
Stage 4 - jalandhara and Uddiyana
Stage 5 - moola bandha

Mastery of this gives you control over your own body. This prepares you for uncoiling your Kundalini energy.

In Laya yoga different methodology is used. They use a surya bheda pranayam and moorcha Pranayama.

In Kriya Yoga they use a method called tadan kriya.

Tampering with your chakras can cause multiple kinds of problems ranging from physical reaction to mental issues. Its the same as using a drug on your body. Neither should be done without a Guru or a Doctor present.

I don't know about South Korean Protestant Christians but they do have a concept of "Reiki" associated with Christianity which involves awakening your chakras. I am not sure which chakras.

I was initiated into Reiki when I was about 16-17 years old. During the course many of my fellow participants had adverse reaction to it, like Nausea, vomiting, head ache etc. Though I personally felt nothing. It could be because of my yoga practice. I am not sure.

If you are looking to learn Shiva Yoga for a lesser fee you can try Sivapremananda. He teaches Siddha Yoga for free. His lineage is from Siddha Thirumoolar the great Tamil Yogi.

I think Sivapremananda is from Karnataka, Hubli.

Awakening the kundalini without adequate preparation is not advisable. Unless one learns to understand and control one's own body, your cannot / should not unlock the kundalini which is the core of your being. It would be like allowing a bull in a china shop.

That is why Mind control and then Breath control (via PranaYama) is taught first in stages,

Stage 1 - Bhastrika
stage 2 -kapalbhati -
Stage 3 - Nnadi shodhana
Stage 4 - jalandhara and Uddiyana
Stage 5 - moola bandha

Mastery of this gives you control over your own body. This prepares you for uncoiling your Kundalini energy.

In Laya yoga different methodology is used. They use a surya bheda pranayam and moorcha Pranayama.

In Kriya Yoga they use a method called tadan kriya.

Tampering with your chakras can cause multiple kinds of problems ranging from physical reaction to mental issues. Its the same as using a drug on your body. Neither should be done without a Guru or a Doctor present.

I don't know about South Korean Protestant Christians but they do have a concept of "Reiki" associated with Christianity which involves awakening your chakras. I am not sure which chakras.

I was initiated into Reiki when I was about 16-17 years old. During the course many of my fellow participants had adverse reaction to it, like Nausea, vomiting, head ache etc. Though I personally felt nothing. It could be because of my yoga practice. I am not sure.

I don't know if there is a Reiki component to it.

Back
Top Bottom