What's new

IS US THINKING TO SELL F15 TO PAKISTAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The news is merely a suggestion by the American think tanks,
Pakistan was never ever interested in the F-15s, simply because of it's high unit price and operating cost, hence apart from a few countries around the globe, even none of the NATO members acquired this aircraft.

I thought pakistan only operates single engines for simplified maintenance.

The news is merely a suggestion by the American think tanks,
Pakistan was never ever interested in the F-15s, simply because of it's high unit price and operating cost, hence apart from a few countries around the globe, even none of the NATO members acquired this aircraft.

Sir
you summed it up very well. I am sure if pirce & operating costs were not an issue then maintaining these magetic machines wont have been a problem for our Aeronautical engineers, technicians & other technical staff.

honestly I dont buy the argument that PAF only needs Multirole fighters and an superiority heavy fighter like F-15 doesnt fit in. to me its a lame excuse for grapes are sore. it feels like when you tell yourself or your partner to settle for an item you can afford & then convince each other that the one on the top shelf is not that good but you both know if the price tag was not an issue you would have gone for it.

its a very valid point from you that not many US allied/ freindly nations have that aircraft. my self I only know RSAF & Israel appart from America (just read that Japan's "Self" Air Defence forces also have been ooperating them since 1981)

I guess this lackluster sale (in addtion to high unit coset/ maintenaince costs) might also have to do with the outstanding and outmatched F-16 program which is the most successful in the current history of foreign airforce Acquisition.

(in a very hypothetical/ wishful scenario) had the Russian occupation of Afghanistan lasted for another decade and the resources allowed then maybe there would have been atleast 2 squadrens of these fighters, topped up with F-16s of course. you might recall that during the last years of the Russian occupation, the pro-Russian Afghan regime was planning on acquring Mig-29s and/ or Su27s. had the relations between USA & Gen Zia remained as warm & close as they were during Reagan era then maybe the likelihood of these planes would have become a reality.

since F-16s were way ahead in the league compared to SU22s and Mig23s so the introduction of Mig29s or SU27s in pro-Russian puppet communist goverment might have had raised concerns in PAF.

I am merely theorycrafting about the posibilty of only time of these planes was cold war against Russian aggression.

what say you?

F-15 in PAF never going to happen.... sorry to say useless article to me never the less.. we could use more fire power which the US has and i hope is willing to give us to fight these coward terroists.

but why we dont want air supperiority fighter jet with more power which can achieve air superioirty over pak skies can our F 16 multirole are capable to match F 15 air superiority capabilities and beat it

i love f-15 .....my country cant afford to buy it...i would love to see them over pak sky in paf color scheme

They did say Hell No, U.A.E said Yes or No buy. And US had to agree after long talks..

So are these coming with aircraft carrier or not ?:what:

Well since we are at topic of unchi unchi churne ki batein well might as well go for it

No, they will be delivered with a self destruction button controlled by the USA.

If us is willing to sell f-15 to pakitan i don't think it will be a wise decision for paf .As your enemy is going to equip with 5th generation fighter i think it will be more rational decision to get some f-35 instead as you have some bargaining cheap now like in 80's for your role in 'war on terror' .For air suppiority role you are already having fc-20.

If we ever go for a twin Engine - we should for for Typhoon Tranche III alongside Turks.

F-15 is a great bird - the new SA/K models can burn down any thing flying on our eastern border but they are expensive and we always have the sanctions sword hanging on our head from US.

So no -F-15s please .

We've come this far lets roll in JFTs, FC-20s and additional F-16s since we're unable to buy expensive Fighters from the west anymore.

Lets wait a decade more JXX could be our ultimate reply and I hope Pakistan resources are explored fully to bring in bags of Cash and economy builds up..

If us is willing to sell f-15 to pakitan i don't think it will be a wise decision for paf .As your enemy is going to equip with 5th generation fighter i think it will be more rational decision to get some f-35 instead as you have some bargaining cheap now like in 80's for your role in 'war on terror' .For air suppiority role you are already having fc-20.
F-35 in bargaining price?come on man..we heard enough jokes

Did anyone know so far how may F-16 blck 52 has been delivered to PAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom