What's new

Is Urdu not Pakistan's official language?

J&K is not part of India and Urdu is NOT their language either .

For the rest of the states they do not represent India as a whole.

As far as Urdu being official language in Pakistan we have tried this in some institution and we have came to know its not a good idea to have a some difficult terms used in official work mainly the technical words are a big problem.

So we are easy in English for official work :cheers:

Languages with official status in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jana jee,

I know you love to digress from topic and get back to your favorite India bashing. But I request you to please if possible (I know its hard for you) to make an effort and stay on topic.

Yes, I agree!! What was your point?

As far as Urdu being official language in Pakistan we have tried this in some institution and we have came to know its not a good idea to have a some difficult terms used in official work mainly the technical words are a big problem.

I actually agree with you on that one:cheesy:

There is no point forcing a language just for the principle of opposing English.

French is an official language of Puducherry. Moreover, whatever State govt. wishes, they can set their own official language.

And about Making Urdu India's official language, than why not make Sanskrit Official Language of Pakistan which originated somewhat 5K years back somewhere near Indus.

You are so India bashing that you are ignorance and any one would question your journalism post.

Because Urdu is not understandable my most of the Indians, therefore its not India's official language. But still, Constitution grants freedom to choose the language as official language by any state.

Urdu is my mothertongue & National Language of Pakistan. But I love all the languages spoken in my beloved Pakistan.

A bit off topic:D(I wish my UP was also a part of Pakistan, i ve hear from my elders that UP was becoming part of Pakistan for sure but Sir Nehru Jee was able to divide the Muslims of UP by offering high level government jobs, He was using same propaganda in KP(NWFP) provence but was failed & angry Pashtun brothers throw stones at his convoy till he left KP(NWFP)).:pakistan::pakistan:

Urdu is my mothertongue & National Language of Pakistan. But I love all the languages spoken in my beloved Pakistan.
A bit off topic(I wish my UP was also a part of Pakistan, i ve hear from my elders that UP was becoming part of Pakistan for sure but Sir Nehru Jee was able to divide the Muslims of UP by offering high level government jobs, He was using same propaganda in KP(NWFP) provence but was failed & angry Pashtun brothers throw stones at his convoy till he left KP(NWFP)).

That is just wrong propaganda. Whether muslims of UP stayed there or not, UP would always have remained with India only. It was good to get the confidence of Muslims in UP though.

And NWFP, it was not adjoining to India by borders, therefore, India never wanted it. Moreover, if I remember one of the king of Baluchistan area started talks with Nehru but Nehru said no because both union would not have any joining borders.

UP was divided into 80-150 princely state, and may be you might have got 2-3 state but then you would have no border, thus India would have taken those part very soon.

A bit off topic(I wish my UP was also a part of Pakistan, i ve hear from my elders that UP was becoming part of Pakistan for sure but Sir Nehru Jee was able to divide the Muslims of UP by offering high level government jobs, He was using same propaganda in KP(NWFP) provence but was failed & angry Pashtun brothers throw stones at his convoy till he left KP(NWFP)).

If wishes were horses............ :blink:

You might wanna start another thread if you really want to discuss the claim about UP being part of Pakistan.

That is just wrong propaganda. Whether muslims of UP stayed there or not, UP would always have remained with India only. It was good to get the confidence of Muslims in UP though.

And NWFP, it was not adjoining to India by borders, therefore, India never wanted it. Moreover, if I remember one of the king of Baluchistan area started talks with Nehru but Nehru said no because both union would not have any joining borders.

UP was divided into 80-150 princely state, and may be you might have got 2-3 state but then you would have no border, thus India would have taken those part very soon.

No Sir this is not false propaganda nearly half of the population in UP was Muslim & the west areas were all Muslim areas where there was more love to Pakistan than provences of Pakistan itself. The struggle for Pakistan in UP was 2nd only to East Bengal before 47.

& Nehru Jee was dreaming that Kashmir will join India so why not try the luck in Frontier.

Last edited:
No Sir this is not false propaganda nearly half of the population in UP was Muslim & the west areas were all Muslim areas where there was more love to Pakistan than provences of Pakistan itself. The struggle for Pakistan in UP was 2nd only to East Bengal before 47.

& Nehru Jee was dreaming that Kashmir will join India so why not try the luck in Frontier.

This is again wrong. What was thought, that only happen. Only issue remain left was kashmir.

UP was always predominately Hindus. Muslims did gone to Pakistan but it doesn't mean half of UP was Muslims. This is nothing but wrong information. In real pakistan got more than enough share if you check the stats.

Pakistan's density is 214.3/km2 while India's is 361.2/km2. That shows that Pakistan got 30% more than what should get if border would have been decided on the basis of population.

Yeah they came as invaders, but then mingled with the Hindu Rajputs

Funny coming from a Pakistani, because the Mughals have absolutely no relation to present day Pakistan (as most of you think)

Oh but it is an official language of UP (place where is originated), Bihar and 3 more states :azn:

Mughals are as Pakistani as they are Indian. At least the "Great Mughals". E.g. Akber born in Sindh, Pakistan and had his capital at Lahore for a very long time before moving to Fatehpur (that is why Anarkali is played out in Lahore).

Jehangir, second king, buried in Lahore.

Shah Jehan, third king, born in Lahore.

Lahore remained the capital for many year under all of these Kings so saying that Mughals were Indian and not Pakistani makes no sense. Personally they are neither Pakistani nor Indian. They are quite simply Mughals, a Kingdom that predates the Republic of India and Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

This is again wrong. What was thought, that only happen. Only issue remain left was kashmir.

UP was always predominately Hindus. Muslims did gone to Pakistan but it doesn't mean half of UP was Muslims. This is nothing but wrong information. In real pakistan got more than enough share if you check the stats.

Pakistan's density is 214.3/km2 while India's is 361.2/km2. That shows that Pakistan got 30% more than what should get if border would have been decided on the basis of population.

I can write but i dont want to get more offtopic as i could be ban. But i will say in short that you are not from UP so you know nothing, my grandparents were from UP so i know much about it.

I can write but i dont want to get more offtopic as i could be ban. But i will say in short that you are not from UP so you know nothing, my grandparents were from UP so i know much about it.

So that is the sole basis of your assertion? Stories your grandparents told you?

BTW, where in UP is your ancestral place?

How about actually doing research before posting for once? :angel:

Urdu is an official language of India. In fact, there is a body of the Indian government called "National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language" (http://www.urducouncil.nic.in/). In fact if you ever go to Delhi, notice how the street signs are in Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, and English.

And finally, whether you like it or not is beyond the point; Jammu and Kashmir is part of India. That is reality.

we have came to know its not a good idea to have a some difficult terms used in official work mainly the technical words are a big problem.

That's is simply the result of a colonized mindset. Is official English free of 'difficult terms'? In fact, for the vast majority of awaam that are the ultimate clients and patrons of these civil institutions, even 'simple terms' in English are 'difficult' terms'.

We need to doff the cloak of slavery, even if it means going naked! But we won't go naked on this one, we have many expressive languages, and at least three of them (Farsi, Urdu, Sindhi) have been official ones at times.

Thank you jana grana.

The solution is not to give up on Urdu, but to evolve it as needed.

We should learn English along with Urdu, since it is the world's language, but all official work should be done in Urdu.

Urdu is our national language; let's use it as such.

One of the most ridiculous things I saw was a show on TV called 'Lahore Court' where they showed that all official business must be conducted in English. They showed a rural case where the lawyer talked to his clients in Urdu, then translated it to English for the court clerk to type, then translated the judge's official decision back into Urdu for his clients. Ridiculous!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom