What's new

Is there an aesa jammer in jf17 block3 ew suite can an aesa radar be programmed to work as an aesa j

Fawadqasim1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Honourable senior members . I have started this thread if it is inappropriate then please delete it or if I am to delete it just tell me thanks

Honourable senior members . I have started this thread if it is inappropriate then please delete it or if I am to delete it just tell me thanks
First of all , radar news is not on public so we have no idea which radar has been finalised although most on PDF including me believe that KLJ-7A would be the winner as it is succesor of the older models but with active scanning tech and also the fact that it could have been tailoured for thunder, now coming to the second part of jamming , so i would say that AESA radars (keeping all of selex and APG AESA radars in mind ) are programmed to act as ECCM (ELECTRONIC COUNTER - COUNTER MEASURES) and they act as jammers . You can also refer to this article to get much info . Now coming to the point of thunder , We dont have much info on KLJ-7A so cant say much. http://www.aviationtoday.com/2010/09/01/jammer-next/

In all likelihood, the JF-17 Block-III probably will use EW/ECM with active phased-array TRMs (i.e. AESA). This technology is increasingly common and is already in use by Italy (Leonardo and Elettronica), no reason why China can't or won't either.

But we don't know 100%. Just a guess.

Please can any one tell me how to thank members in this forum the question is foolish but I am a newbie thanks to all the members who responded to this thread

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom