What's new

Is The Taj Mahal Pakistani ?

if we go by that logic,many many people of pak punjab wont be punjabi.

What logic? A part from pashtun and baloch in punjab, rest of them are punjabis. And even pashtun and baloch are punjabi speaking but different ethinic background. In Pakistan punjabis make 50-55% of population, they are all over Pakistan. But vast majority in Punjab.

Its the title of the thread if you care to see, actually :D
Fair enough but I didn't once claim anything so far.

To clarify: The taj mahal today is a property of the govt of India, specifically the archeological survey of India. It belongs to the republic of India, just like the qutab minar and the brihadeeswara temple built by the cholas.

As a cultural accomplishment, Iranians and Pakistanis and Indians can all take pride in it, since it was a product of the then persian and Indian (which includes present day Pakistan) cultures.

Hear, Hear!

As per wikipedia.The population of Punjabis in India is only 33million compared to 80million in Pakstan

Yes your right.Not everyone in Pakistan Punjab is a punjabi.

Out of 93million population of Punjab.Only 70million of them are punjabis.The rest of the 10million punjabis are distributed across other states of Pakistan such as 5million in sindh

What logic? A part from pashtun and baloch in punjab, rest of them are punjabis. And even pashtun and baloch are punjabi speaking but different have ethinic background. In Pakistan punjabis make 50-55% of population, they are all over Pakistan. But vast majority in Punjab.

so what?

As per wikipedia.The population of Punjabis in India is only 33million compared to 80million in Pakstan

Out of 93million population of Punjab.Only 70million of them are punjabis.The rest of the 10million punjabis are distributed across other states of Pakistan such as 5million in sindh

i have seen many in dubai,speak punjabi but dont even look so.

Indian punjabi population is 33 million according to Indian census 2011. I would rather take their word then yours.

thats because people of haryana/himachal dont call themselves punjabis

i have seen many in dubai,speak punjabi but dont even look so.

thats because people of haryana/himachal dont call themselves punjabis

Because these people are not punjabis in Haryana, Himachel? And what about looks?

if Seraiki province happens and one hindkowan too,we ll see.

u can see their looks,especially himachalis.

Hindko people speak punjabi dialect and live in KPK, they don't even live in Punjab. So are not counted in punjab population, their population is 3-4 million. Seraiki is again punjabi dialect and their population is 14 million. Yes what about looks? Can you be more specific?

Saraiki are different people.Even though the Punjabi language has influence over saraiki language.

But majority of my saraiki friend are of rajput origin such as from dera ismail khan/DG khan or multan

Saraiki are different people.Even though the Punjabi language has influence over saraiki language.

But majority of my saraiki friend are of rajput origin such as from dera ismail khan/DG khan or multan

Its a dialect of Punjabi and their population is 14 million. If we just count Indian punjabis who speak Majha dialect then their population will be less then 10 million, most of them are Doabi and Malwi speakers.

Anyways going back to Taj Mahal, i think its over rated.

We have more beautiful architecture in our country

Wazir-Khan-Mosque-12.jpg

8.jpg

tumblr_lqjqj0hSua1qzz4roo1_500.jpg

1385958_590311441033736_719555982_n.jpg

Pakistan-Multan%20126.jpg

4138041600_c1d00d5401_z.jpg

3447788731_234b32a53e_b.jpg

overview.jpg

Shahjahan-Masjid-Pakistan.jpg

24b8db8.jpg

Back