What's new

Is Sri Lanka Classified South East Asia or South Asia?

Oh they do look like SE Asians

Mahela-Jayawardene1-e1337684164451.jpg
33604.jpg
tillakaratne-dilshan1.jpg
Rangana+Herath+2011+ICC+World+Cup+Sri+Lanka+x463rM0rWsXl.jpg
96283.jpg
Kusal-Perera-21.jpg
ajantha-mendis-2009-2-7-5-3-31.jpg
Thilan-Samaraweera-is-a-Sri-Lankan-cricketer-who-made-his-debut-in-2001.jpg
dilhara-fernando_313x234.jpg
Sri+Lanka+Portrait+Session+34aqwaLCwnZl.jpg

O' Really?
And they say Sinhalese look North Indian.:rofl:

Lankans are South Asian but very multi ethnic.. So one cant generalize of the features or complexions of it's people

The four main ethnic groups are

Sinhalese - Mainly of Eastern and northern Indian stock
Tamils - South Indian
Moors - Middle Eastern and Northern Africa
Burghers (Eurasian) - Mainly Dutch, German, Belgian and French.. With sprinkling of British and Portuguese
Malay - South East Asian

For the moron that posted pics of the SL Cricket team to prove some idiotic theory

These are also some cricketers that were either born or played for sri lanka

marvn1.jpg

Dav-Whatmore.jpg

139053.jpg

106322.jpg

dilshan1.jpg

sp2.jpg
Is Mavan Athapaththu Sinhalese?

Tbh they look very aboriginal to me

I don't know if you are serious, but I read a theory that some of the people who came to south India/Sri Lanka around 60,000 years ago then went on to Australia and became Aborigines.

Three of them arnt even Sinhalese.. Then again why argue with morons who knows next to nothing out side their slums
Okay three out of the ten pictures aren't Sinhalese, I don't know why your getting so offended. ;)

I don't know if you are serious, but I read a theory that some of the people who came to south India/Sri Lanka around 60,000 years ago then went on to Australia and became Aborigines.
That's true, I've read somewhere that the original South Asians where Aboriginals, a large group of them went on too migrate to Australasia.

Okay three out of the ten pictures aren't Sinhalese, I don't know why your getting so offended. ;)

That's true, I've read somewhere that the original South Asians where Aboriginals, a large group of them went on too migrate to Australasia.

Offence is on generalizations by morons who knows next to nothing about the subject matter.. I'm not Sinhalese to get offended any way.. Are all Indian men rabid rapists??

@Gibbs @Azizam - Can you introduce me to some of the ladies in the OP ? :ashamed:

Unfortunately I have no idea who they are mate.. @Azizam will be able to help you on that

Offence is on generalizations by morons who knows next to nothing about the subject matter.. I'm not Sinhalese to get offended any way.. Are all Indian men rabid rapists??
What did I say wrong? I just said from a North Indian perspective that Sinhalese don't look like us.

Pakistan has the Brahui people who are Dravidian speaking.

What did I say wrong? I just said from a North Indian perspective that Sinhalese don't look like us.

All Sri Lankans are born with white skin and blue eyes. They turn dark due to too much exposure to the tropical sun....whole world knows this fact.

Nobody said current Sinhalese look like North Indian in general.. It's stupid to think that after a millenia of intermarriage and living in tropical climatic conditions majority of the Sinhalese look like that but even in the Sinhalese community is not homogeneous.. I.e. Most Sinhalese from the Kandy region and the central districts can still easily be identified with North Indians

More importantly Sinhala language, Culture, Buddhism and customs are more akin to North India than the South

From the wiki link,

A recent genetic study on Veddas has supported them as an outlier in comparison with other Sri Lankan populations

So these guys might be the only remaining link to the Australian Aborigines.

Plus some tribes in South India and the Andamans

Back
Top Bottom