What's new

Is south Korea the second largest pop culture exporter

can you look at the list carefully? for example, 陈冠希 陈慧琳
How many they copied from single one korean singer compare to Nakajima who also wrote her own songs. That list was only for Nakajima's song.

How many they copied from single one korean singer compare to Nakajima who also wrote her own songs. That list was only for Nakajima's song.

look, that doesn't matter
what we care is that the list is so long

look, that doesn't matter
what we care is that the list is so long
It doesn't matter if you compare korean music to Chinese music, however it does matter if you are trying to compare korean to Japanese. So far, I haven't seen anyone in Korea to come close to the accomplishment of Yoshiki, he composed the original musical theme for 69th Golden Globel Awards in 2011.

X Japan Takes Madison Square Garden By Rainstorm: Live Review | Billboard

X Japan Is Slumming It at Madison Square Garden -- Vulture

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if you compare korean music to Chinese music, however it does matter if you are trying to compare korean to Japanese. So far, I haven't seen anyone in Korea to come close to the accomplishment of Yoshiki, he composed the original musical theme for 69th Golden Globel Awards in 2011.

few ppl in China or many other asian countries know Yoshiki, but many know exo or bigbang

few ppl in China or many other asian countries know Yoshiki, but many know exo or bigbang
Right, let's see how big world tour can those sissies can get compare to Yoshiki's 2014's world tour just by playing piano alone.
"On March 14, 2014, at the South By South West festival in Austin, Texas, Yoshiki performed a duet piano piece during his concert at the Qui Restaurant; one part played by him, and the other played by a hologram of himself. The hologram used the same technique during Coachella 2012. On April 25, Yoshiki started his first classical world tour in Costa Mesa, California, and continued throughout the world, visiting San Francisco, Mexico City, Moscow, Berlin, Paris, London, Shanghai, Beijing, Bangkok, Taipei, Tokyo and Osaka."

That is even without anyone from X-Japan.

Right, let's see how big world tour can those sissies can get compare to Yoshiki's 2014's world tour just by playing piano alone.
"On March 14, 2014, at the South By South West festival in Austin, Texas, Yoshiki performed a duet piano piece during his concert at the Qui Restaurant; one part played by him, and the other played by a hologram of himself. The hologram used the same technique during Coachella 2012. On April 25, Yoshiki started his first classical world tour in Costa Mesa, California, and continued throughout the world, visiting San Francisco, Mexico City, Moscow, Berlin, Paris, London, Shanghai, Beijing, Bangkok, Taipei, Tokyo and Osaka."

That is even without anyone from X-Japan.

Chinese Pianist Lang Lang also played piano in many cities all over the world, but C-pop is nothing

Chinese Pianist Lang Lang also played piano in many cities all over the world, but C-pop is nothing
Again Yoshiki is not a pianist, pianist such as Lang Lang is just a human instrument. I am wondering how many audience Korean singers can fill in Madison Square.

Again Yoshiki is not a pianist, pianist such as Lang Lang is just a human instrument. I am wondering how many audience Korean singers can fill in Madison Square.

I have told you that Yoshiki is niche market. few ppl knows him
EXO is a big name

I have told you that Yoshiki is niche market. few ppl knows him
EXO is a big name
Right, a niche market that can fill 20,000 people in the heart of NYC, a niche that is invited to compose theme music for the one of the most presitage award in the US.

You don't know doesn't mean others don't.

wait, is that a thing? :o:
I rarely watch TV anymore, esp those FTA TVs, so I'm not so up to date
AFAIK, in Indonesia, Japanese entertainment still big here (not as big as in the past, tho'), but Kpop just slightly behind Jpop

As usual.. you know our people... It's musiman.. pokoke apa aja yg lagi rame ikut dah, malu dibilang gk gaul gk ngetren, latah, dari tipi ampe penonton sama, mangkenye tambah rame kekekeke :D

wait, Indian shows in Indonesia??

Yep.. Indian entertainment has fanatics here, so is US/British/west, Japan, Korean, and recently Turkey joined in.

===

Anyway, regarding pop culture, from where I see = Japan > Korea

Anyway, regarding pop culture, from where I see = Japan > Korea

20150207-09-01-school-Festival.ashx

Not to mention the culture impact of Sci-fi TV drama Doctor Who on the genre of Sci fi alone and after 50 years after its broadcast, it is still running today with its 12th Doctor. Does anyone know how many US TV series can trace its root to its UK origins, just out of my head without further into research, there are House of Cards, Skin, Shameless and Eleventh Hour. After little research, holy moly.
List of American television series based on British television series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My favorite is the office.

Japan's pop culture power is definitely better than SK's because Japan has been developed longer.
K-pop only became since 2005. I was in a California HS with a bunch of Chinese Americans then, and that's when I realized that girls were getting wet over K-pop crap as well as Japanese Anime.

In East Asia, Japanese pop culture is king, but in else where (North America, Latin America, Europe, Eastern Europe, Oceania), J-pop is a subculture/niche thing. Doesn't mean it is not popular, but maybe have only ~10% of the population frequently watching. Things like pokemon is super popular though, but music/movie/general anime not so much.

C-pop, Taiwan-pop, HK-pop are actually not half bad. Much more creative than half the stuff k-pop/J-pop makes, and the actresses are not completely plastic. C-pop is very popular in Vietnam, almost all Vietnamese tv shows are Chinese shows in Vietnamese dub. Give it 10 years, and it might conquer Asia.

Asian music has almost zero presence in the west. We do know about Chinese movie stars such as Bruce lee, Jackie chan or jet li. I like their movies. But I don't know about ant Asian songs or singers.

Also, are there any Asian country music stars? Or hod about Asian hard rock or alternative. Is there Asian equivalent of match box 20., creed, nirvana, soul asylum, red hot chili pepper. White stripe.

Ahahahahah.....after the U.S no country has a better pop industry than us. Do you even know what you are talking about bro? You seriously don't know anything about Britain at all.:coffee:

I said it before though, S.korea music/pop does dominates in East and to some extent South East Asia though, but worldwide they don't really come close to U.S Or even U.K .

U2, David bowie, Rolling Stones, queen, though Freddy Mercury is actually Indian. In this regard, even a single Indian represented by Mercury has more influence in music than all Asian singers, which none I heard of, combined.

Also, are there any Asian country music stars? Or hod about Asian hard rock or alternative. Is there Asian equivalent of match box 20., creed, nirvana, soul asylum, red hot chili pepper. White stripe.

These are not 'Western' so to say; none of them are European. This is just a pure example of American Cultural Imperialism at its best ;)

Well what can i say, America has that attractant aspect.

The society in American cultivates creativity , the arts, et cetera.

U2, David bowie, Rolling Stones, queen, though Freddy Mercury is actually Indian. In this regard, even a single Indian represented by Mercury has more influence in music than all Asian singers, which none I heard of, combined.

What are you talking about? You deny Bollywood's influence in American Music and American Cinemas ?

Jay Sean, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom