What's new

Is south Korea the second largest pop culture exporter

In this regard, K-pop's influence can be no where near the accomplishment of J-pop in Asia. Just an example, Nakijima Miyuki, althrough herself might not be very known in China, but her songs gave literately lives to many famous singers in greater China areas.
You read Chinese?? Cant Understand anything on there. Lol

Its OK bro. Don't mind some members here , they are very ignorant about Britain. Maybe because we don't boast much on here.lol

Anyway, U.S is still our child, so some foreigners who are not familiar with our anglo saxon link/culture can easilly confused/mix up british and american music/Artist/musicians, so i can understand them
For example the first time i heard Tinie Tempah's rap music 'Pass out', i thought it was American. Lol Our styles can be similar at times and language doesn't help either(though its a little bit different).:)

I found UK TV series more enjoyable than Americans, one theory I have is that since UK's production can not compete its visual effect to those of US big bugdet ones, it put more efforts into its scripts and artistic values. For example Strike Back, the first series of it which is purely UK production, it has lot more character building and suspence. However after Cinemax picked it up, it is mostly just blowing things up and sex sences. Same with Torchwood with US co-production. For those with similiar genre TV series the scripts of UK's out shine American's on so many levels. The one drama caught my attention toward UK's TV drama is Spooks, the characters in those are far more real than those American invincible spy heroes.

You read Chinese?? Cant Understand anything on there. Lol
Those are just the partial list of Nakajima's songs that were made into Chinese songs by variety of Chinese singers, and often those songs are their best selling ones.

Please -_- granted K-pop is popular among the Asian countries, even India but they have a limited audience (Teen girls and scene kids mostly from what I've seen) and its no where near what the Brits the other Europeans dish out. Not forgetting the Japs, their movies and anime is spread all over the world, Pokemon and Doremon anyone? Infact a lot of their shows are even dubbed in Hindi here lol..

nope, not in Indonesia. they've been replaced with T-Pop (Turkish Dramas) while I-Pop (Indian Shows) and J-Pop still remained above them all. Korean Pop culture has become less and less popular nowadays. i expect G-Pop (German Pop Culture) to reach Indonesia as well.
wait, is that a thing? :o:
I rarely watch TV anymore, esp those FTA TVs, so I'm not so up to date
AFAIK, in Indonesia, Japanese entertainment still big here (not as big as in the past, tho'), but Kpop just slightly behind Jpop

Korean pop? Nah.

Korean girls? Yah.

Please -_- granted K-pop is popular among the Asian countries, even India but they have a limited audience (Teen girls and scene kids mostly from what I've seen) and its no where near what the Brits the other Europeans dish out. Not forgetting the Japs, their movies and anime is spread all over the world, Pokemon and Doremon anyone? Infact a lot of their shows are even dubbed in Hindi here lol..

I agree with you, Mr. Hornblower. :)

Korean pop? Nah.

Korean girls? Yah.

I can live with K-pop if I also get to live with this:smitten:

:bunny::bunny::bunny:

458451-kpop-girls-kim-hyuna-hyuna.jpg

And for once a picture of Hyuna is actually on topic:yahoo:!

Swedish pop

Don't underestimate Scandinavia's ability to make quality music!!!

Swedish pop

Gotta admit tho, the Korean male actors dress great. I'm feeling their style, lol.

Korean-hairstyle-for-male.jpg

Tho its kinda following the Japanese school guy look....
Definitely like the hair style.

110250_P_1377759087285.jpg

Hahaha, nice style. Something i'd wear to work. :)

New-Autumn-men-s-casual-jackets-for-men-the-Korean-version-of-Slim-thin-section-trend.jpg

Nice. Glasses.

Spring-and-autumn-fashion-blazer-men-clothing-korean-style-personality-business-casual-slim-plaid-thin-fit.jpg

Definitely.

Casual-blazer-suit-Slim-Zipper-decoration-Fashion-Korean-style-Men-s-Free-shipping-1-Piece-Wholesale.jpg

Definitely. But not feeling the shoes tho. I'd change that with a Cole Haans'.

Gotta admit tho, the Korean male actors dress great. I'm feeling their style, lol.

Korean-hairstyle-for-male.jpg

Tho its kinda following the Japanese school guy look....
Definitely like the hair style.

110250_P_1377759087285.jpg

Hahaha, nice style. Something i'd wear to work. :)

New-Autumn-men-s-casual-jackets-for-men-the-Korean-version-of-Slim-thin-section-trend.jpg

Nice. Glasses.

Spring-and-autumn-fashion-blazer-men-clothing-korean-style-personality-business-casual-slim-plaid-thin-fit.jpg

Definitely.

Casual-blazer-suit-Slim-Zipper-decoration-Fashion-Korean-style-Men-s-Free-shipping-1-Piece-Wholesale.jpg

Definitely. But not feeling the shoes tho. I'd change that with a Cole Haans'.

I'm down with that hair:cheers:. I'd rock the suit in the second pic too. You guys do have amazing fashion.

But, I notice a lack of one quintessential piece of any man's arsenal:

ebebaf3f370d5265e50ed141fac4a0a3.jpg

Not a beard or 'stache in the bunch. But man, their hair game is top notch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swedish pop

Swedish women, o man. I wonder how a Swedish-Japanese fusion looks like. Probably looks Awesome. ;)

Stop rubbing it in, Svenny!!! :mad::mad:....:(

Stop rubbing it in, Svenny!!! :mad::mad:....:(

:lol: Since I've been on vacation for the past month, and will continue to be a few more week. I'm back in the States at come September, I've been rocking some serious facial hair. Not working and having a wife who's too tired to care about my beard has given me every excuse I needed to grow it out.

So adorable!!!!!! :smitten::smitten:

MashaAllah!

See what parenthood's doing to me:angry:. I'm losing my naughtiness. Instead of hot chicks, my thoughts are on my little one.

*sigh*

:bunny:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your chinese brother is right though. Lool

Anyway, how come Chinese pop music/entertainment industry lags so much behind its east asian peers(forget about the west)? Only korea and Japan dominate in this region......surprising. :what:

the most important reason is that China lags behind Korea and Japan in entertainment development. China's capitalist entertainment industry was ended in 1949 and restarted 30 years ago, while Japan and South Korea hasn't stopped capitalist entertainment industry since west influence started. Entertainment industry explode in recent 5 years in China, and the market rises very fast. It is a blue sea, which means the entertainment industry professionals (actors, singers, directors, musicians, special effect workers, cameraman blabla) are making very easy money, which indulge them. They don't need to work hard and make huge amount of money. An Chinese celebrity can earn 100 times more in a Chinese TV show than a Korean celebrity earn in Korean TV show. And Korean celebrity have to work much harder, suffer much more.
But the blue sea period will finally end, maybe 5 years or 10 years. And then Chinese entertainment industry will be a red sea, like Japan and Korea. Then the competition will be severe, and entertainment professionals have to work harder. Then Chinese entertainment industry will have great influence.

the second reason is the censorship. Censorship in China is very ridiculous. There are a lot of limitations on drama, like no ghost/monster in modern era, no time travel and change of the history, blabla. But the censorship is mostly on TV. So many Internet companies begin to invest on dramas which can escape the censorship. But still not so relaxed as in Korea and Japan.

Back
Top Bottom