What's new

Is Russia’s Su-30 jet good choice for Pakistan after J-10 & JF-17 jets?

Interesting read.
Five main question

1.Will Russia sell this to Pakistan?
2.Does Pakistan have that kind of money to buy it

1) Money Speaks

2) No problem about Money as long as Arabs are there, they have done that in past :smitten:

What is the price difference between SU-30 and Rafael any idea?

Su-30 depending on the configuration does not exceed $35 million (even the much clamored about MKI is around or slightly less than $35 million). Rafale exceeds $55 million/aircraft. A lot of it depends on the package bought.

Does PAF Air staff requirement demands for a long range heavy class fighter?

If iam not wrong Pak- China J-11 is a copy of Su27/30. correect me if iam wrong...

You are wrong on first point:what:,it is not Pak-China, its only China:china:. J-11 is copy of Su-27 there you are right:cheers:

Su-30 depending on the configuration does not exceed $35 million (even the much clamored about MKI is around or slightly less than $35 million). Rafale exceeds $55 million/aircraft. A lot of it depends on the package bought.

SU 30 MKI was for $35 million , but the added integration and cost of buying equipment from other countries added up to the cost. & Plus

Last i heard Rafale costs around 85 million a piece , even Block 60 F16 costs around 55 million !!

Aus recetly brought 20 odd SH for 2.3 billion dollars approx which works out to i guess almost 100 million piece (with spares , support , etc), but surely aircraft itself might be quite high.

Just to give rough idea , the cheapest MMRCA contenders MIG & Gripen is coming 35 and 45 million approx !!! (will check for link and post it)

ONLY POSSIBLE WHEN MR.10%
IS GOING TO TRANSFER ALL HiS MONEY INTO
FORIEGN EXCHANGE RESERVES OF PAKISTAN

ONLY POSSIBLE WHEN MR.10%
IS GOING TO TRANSFER ALL HiS MONEY INTO
FORIEGN EXCHANGE RESERVES OF PAKISTAN

I think you do not know, Mr 10% becomes Mr 25% now. Thats why we are asking more and more aid from IMF.

1) Money Speaks

2) No problem about Money as long as Arabs are there, they have done that in past :smitten:

Hi,

After the F 16 sanctions---we should have realized that money doesnot talk---when it comes to pakistan. Others will take our money and still not deliver the product.

But still we don't learn---We make money the God that it is not, in our case.

But inshallah GOD will be on our case perfect examples are jf-17 ,fc-20 hopefully blk 52's and perhaps a new member who will it be who knows but never loose hope my friend i have a lot of respect & regards for u boss!

Does PAF Air staff requirement demands for a long range heavy class fighter?

Not really but PAF is interested in a bigger aircraft that can carry more payload and go the distance...fortunately for the PAF, both Blk-52s and FC-20s can fulfill this role.

something interesting to read abt the MKI --

"...The IAF in co-operation with the Defence Food Research Laboratories (DFRL) has designed "inflight meals" to provide nutrition to pilots flying long duration missions. IAF's Institute of Aerospace Medicine (IAM) personnel like Wg Cdr CK Ranjan and Wg Cdr AD Upadhyaya worked on these meals and their storage. The Mysore-based DFRL has developed nutritious coconut water and pineapple juice, besides ready to eat food like sooji halwa, ribbon and cheese sandwich and mince meat rice, packed specially for high endurance aircraft. The food is nutritiuos and is easy to eat in the cockpit environment, and the pilots can choose their meal...."

from link : The Su-30MKI Info Page - Vayu Sena

Well Blain2 & TopGun are on the target about this topic. One reason to me for Pak not going after Russian Su-30 would be no arab nations are operating this aircaft. I say that because a lot of PAF pilots are on deputation to these countries flying the western aircraft,and as happened in Past, in a future war friendly arab countries can provide aircrafts & in case of sanctions parts to pakistan. And other reasons mentioned above also effect this decision.

As for buying it from china, it can be a possibility as we dont have to worry about sanctions and china is a time tested friend, whenever we required additional aircraft, they have provided to us.

Well, if Pak did go for a twin engined aircraft, it will be most probably for ground attack missions, as twin engined AC can take a hell of a payload. For air superiority, JF17, F16 & FC-20 would be more then enough.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Well Blain2 & TopGun are on the target about this topic. One reason to me for Pak not going after Russian Su-30 would be no arab nations are operating this aircaft. I say that because a lot of PAF pilots are on deputation to these countries flying the western aircraft,and as happened in Past, in a future war friendly arab countries can provide aircrafts & in case of sanctions parts to pakistan. And other reasons mentioned above also effect this decision.

As for buying it from china, it can be a possibility as we dont have to worry about sanctions and china is a time tested friend, whenever we required additional aircraft, they have provided to us.

Well, if Pak did go for a twin engined aircraft, it will be most probably for ground attack missions, as twin engined AC can take a hell of a payload. For air superiority, JF17, F16 & FC-20 would be more then enough.

If iam not wrong Pak- China J-11 is a copy of Su27/30. correect me if iam wrong...

i dont know how people take "copy"
here is a neutral article hope it will help you

Shenyang J-11B

by Dr Carlo Kopp
Text © 2008 Carlo Kopp
Line Artwork © 2008 Carlo Kopp

Background

The controversial J-11B is an unauthorised derivative of the Sukhoi J-11A/Su-27SK, built by Shenyang in China. The aircraft has been the subject of an ongoing dispute between Beijing and Moscow which has caused the suspension of production of the second batch on indigenously manufactured legally licenced J-11A/Su-27SK.

The J-11B is not an exact clone of the Su-27SK, despite the commonly held view this is so. The airframe and engines can be considered to be 'cloned' but the systems are mostly unique to this variant.

Known differences include:

A Chinese IRST set located in the centreline position as with the OLS-27 in early Su-27S.

A planar array multimode radar which resembles the Phazotron Zhuk-27 series. It includes an IFF interrogator array.

An Onboard Oxygen Generator System (OBOGS). Only the most recent Russian variants have an OBOGS.

A unique glass cockpit design, with an asymmetric layout quite different from the Su-30MKK/MK2 and Su-27SMK.

An optical MAWS system claimed to operate in the UV band.

Dielectric panels on the stabilators not seen on any Russian variant.

The differences between the J-11B, Su-27SK and Su-27SMK are sufficiently great that this must be considered a unique offshoot of the Flanker family of fighters, not a subtype of the baseline Su-27SK/J-11A.
Shenyang J-11B Sino-Flanker

you are right to some extent! but you got the main idea wrong!

1. the J-11 is not a Pak_china project, pakistan have nothing to do with J11!
2. yes the J11 is license copy of Su27 being produced by China!

i hope you got it!

regards!

you are right to some extent! but you got the main idea wrong!

1. the J-11 is not a Pak_china project, pakistan have nothing to do with J11!
2. yes the J11 is license copy of Su27 being produced by China!

i hope you got it!

regards!

Thanks for info bro but will Pak go for J-11 ?????

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom