What's new

IS recruiting thousands in Pakistan, govt warned in 'secret' report

Partially/Selectively.

1. Pakistan protects India from one kind of terror threat and promotes another kind of terror threat.
2. A viable Pakistan uses its military and diplomacy to constantly attempt to erode India's efforts.

On the balance I find that were Pakistan to come near a stage of collapse but does not(such that its nuclear weapons remain safe), it would be idea for India - even if that were to open a channel for Middle Eastern terror groups like ISIS a direct route to India.

1. The first is completely uncontrolled.. and the second is still measured if a little out of control(not that I support it)

2. Better than bloodthirsty militants looking to bring the Caliphate to Dehli by hook or by crook.

Not many Indians would realize it, but what you said is true - Pakistan serves as a buffer state for India. That region is so geographically unique for India, that even 2500 years ago, the same region was used to resist the invading army of Alexander.

Also the same concept given by Allama Mohammad Iqbal in his original write up on the need for a separate Muslim state. That the new state would be allied with India and provide a natural defence to it.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I think large areas of Pakistan are already lost to terrorists. The government should put their hands up and say they've failed so that we citizens ourselves can solve this problem, I'm 100% sure, MQM can clean the whole of urban Sindh from these extremists, I'd support such a move. It's time to hand over security of each neighbourhood, city etc, to the local people. The police have failed, the agencies have failed. The army doesn't really seems to have any policy on how to take actions against madrassahs which are the main suppliers of recruits, support etc.

What else is there left to do?

Also the same concept given by Allama Mohammad Iqbal in his original write up on the need for a separate Muslim state. That the new state would be allied with India and provide a natural defence to it.

Yeah, I remember reading that part long time ago.

Actually, this difficult region is the reason that India prospered in older times. All other regions kept getting invaded from all sides, but for India... those living in the region of present day Pakistan faced and resisted all the attempts at invasion that they could. And no matter how advanced we are in technology, people still need land to move. And the land of Pakistan comes before India, while India is covered from all other sides either by Himalayas, or by the ocean.

1. The first is completely uncontrolled.. and the second is still measured if a little out of control(not that I support it)

2. Better than bloodthirsty militants looking to bring the Caliphate to Dehli by hook or by crook.
Not many Indians would realize it, but what you said is true - Pakistan serves as a buffer state for India. That region is so geographically unique for India, that even 2500 years ago, the same region was used to resist the invading army of Alexander.
Every Indian knows history.
And ergo, we do know that Pakistan has been the a buffer between the 'wild west'/nomadic parts of Asia and the Settled part - India.

Current Pakistan is exactly in the middle of that and provides a buffer - and has historically. This has gone from historic times to even British period - when British had a settled Punjab and Sindh but treated what is today FATA et all as the buffer.

And @Oscar , it is my understanding that what Iqbal spoke about was more in line with a 'ideological' defense rather than a 'physical' defense. Ideological defense from Arab imperialism/cultural invasion in the guise of Islam.

Pakistan however provides no ideological defense to India and Indian Muslims today in the age of internet connectivity. These groups reach out to the world directly - so how exactly is Pakistan a buffer now. Technology has eroded what defense Pakistan provided - or rather what it should have provided.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I think large areas of Pakistan are already lost to terrorists. The government should put their hands up and say they've failed so that we citizens ourselves can solve this problem, I'm 100% sure, MQM can clean the whole of urban Sindh from these extremists, I'd support such a move. It's time to hand over security of each neighbourhood, city etc, to the local people. The police have failed, the agencies have failed. The army doesn't really seems to have any policy on how to take actions against madrassahs which are the main suppliers of recruits, support etc.

What else is there left to do?

The MQM could have done this 5 years ago. Not anymore.. the collective nutjobs in Karachi now outnumber and outpower the MQM.. and the PPP will retreat to rural sindh like they always do .

And ergo, we do know that Pakistan has been the a buffer between the 'wild west'/nomadic parts of Asia and the Settled part - India.

Current Pakistan is exactly in the middle of that and provides a buffer - and has historically. This has gone from historic times to even British period - when British had a settled Punjab and Sindh but treated what is today FATA et all as the buffer.

And @Oscar , it is my understanding that what Iqbal spoke about was more in line with a 'ideological' defense rather than a 'physical' defense. Ideological defense from Arab imperialism/cultural invasion in the guise of Islam.

Pakistan however provides no ideological defense to India and Indian Muslims today in the age of internet connectivity. These groups reach out to the world directly - so how exactly is Pakistan a buffer now. Technology has eroded what defense Pakistan provided - or rather what it should have provided.

The simple one line answer to this is : "THIS IS NOT Iqbal's nor Jinnah's Pakistan anymore".

These man and their status are increasingly only confined here.
page0_blog_entry135_1.jpg

The MQM could have done this 5 years ago. Not anymore.. the collective nutjobs in Karachi now outnumber and outpower the MQM.. and the PPP will retreat to rural sindh like they always do .

Thanks to the racist ANP who supported the Taliban to gain short term political mileage.

Sometimes I think our establishment itself wants to turn Pakistan in to Taliban territory. Does anyone here still remember who settled the afghans in Karachi? Or who allowed the radical preachers from KPK to set up madrassahs all around Karachi?

Now we are talking about two different things here. I'm not disputing that Pakistani militants are in contact with IS. I said that in the first line.

I was talking about the ttp militants taking a physical trip to Syria. I understand that ttp militants may want to sync their ideology with IS. But in that case, tell me, what difference does it make if ttp tomorrow starts to call itself ISIS? It's the same militants with thw same numbers and weapons but instead of ttp now they are called isis.

It does not make one bit of difference. Where the deference and problem can arise is if the isis decide to take a physical trip to Pakistan. That would be a truly horrific scenario for Pakistan. And in that regards I was saying Pakistan is lucky that we are that far away.

And P.S. uploading a video clip on you tube doesn't make someone a literate.

there were quite a few reports of several of these TTP men travelling from Pakistan to Syria to fight asad the mad dog and his forces , many many lost their lives as well this was widely reported a few months back by Pakistani media. and its not just TTP we have Lashkar e jhagvi , ASWJ and tens of other jihadi and sectarian outfits.

IS is not going to simply walk into Pakistan with thousands of nut head jihadis , they setup a recruitment fare recruited a few thousand with weapons freely available and using baluch separatist they can easily secure enough terrain

i offcourse didnt mean just uploading videos , look at the quality and you will feel the power of their propaganda they are very well done also thousands of western jihadis amoungst them , i dont think they are jahils

Thanks to the racist ANP who supported the Taliban to gain short term political mileage.

Sometimes I think our establishment itself wants to turn Pakistan in to Taliban territory. Does anyone here still remember who settled the afghans in Karachi? Or who allowed the radical preachers from KPK to set up madrassahs all around Karachi?

dont forget the PPP their leader benazir is bhutto is on record for calling talibitches MERAY BACHAY .. Also ZA Bhutto who first interfered in afghan affairs

You may be right in saying that Iqbal may have meant ideologically (initially he was hoping for entire Hindustan under Islamic rule). But you may not be so right in saying that Pakistan provides no ideological defense to India in modern times.

The ideological spread of the radicals like the ISIS in India is more because of the incompetency of the police (CBI and all), and the incompetence, and in some cases collusion, of politicians, than because of technological advancements.

Firstly, at all times since 7th century, people have been going to Hajj from India. Even if they were to miss out on these recent technological developments, they could easily import those ideologies from the Gulf (it has happened before). Even now, an average of 15,000 clerics from the Gulf region come over to India each year to give lectures in the seminaries. No technological advancement can match that sort of direct access. Stop those clerics from entering India and a great part of this problem will be solved.

Secondly, the effect of this specific ideology when seen in Pakistan (Pakistan will always be affected by Islamic radicalism before it hits India), serves as an alarm bell in India. So whichever way it goes, effects in Pakistan can be seen as a future possibility in India and the threat shall be handled promptly.

So even if technology were to play as major a part as you say, India will have the advantage of hind-sight - and it is a big advantage!

A lot of Indians (including me) go rabid against the Saudis, even when we never had any direct confrontation with the Saudis on any subject, simply because Indians can see the Saudi effect in Pakistan, and have experienced its spillover in India.

But think about Pakistan - it has been taking direct ideological hits from Saudi Arabia time and again, and kept giving us Indians the much needed lessons on what the future would hold unless we act in time.

That was the idea from the very start. There have been very racist policies adopted by perhaps all ethnicities that settled in Pakistan. This began on 25th Dec 1948.

Jeez......Hopefully this isnt true, since Pakistan already has enough terrorists/jihadists/problems as it stands now. They dont need yet another terrorist group operating in the country. :what::close_tema:

Why do Indians drag every topic toward india? This has nothing to do with India whatsoever but we are discussing the partition and india centric issues.

This takes away from the subject of the topic. Many here, like me, don't come to this often, and when we do and feel like partaking in a discussion about Pakistan, we have to wade through the cesspool of indian trolls. Thats bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom