What's new

Is PTI handling coronavirus correctly or not. Let's analyze the numbers and see what have they done.

still Pakistan is not that worst to compare with poor and pathetic countries like India, nor we have lying and deceiving others as our national duty unlike indians.

i cannot even believe if indian establishment and media says that its 10:31 PM right now although its same but i will confirm first:lol:

so as usual i feel indian govt and pathetic low quality media is making indians fool with that low numbers.....i mean you lock down the whole country that too in 4 hours when you have below 500 cases is beyond me.
The countries who went for full lock downs made a somewhat blunder. Full lockdown is suggested if you covid 19 problem is at stage 4

I gave you example of India cause it had low death rate. If I give example of USA or Italy or Spain or UK Pakistan will look like least effected country. Your bias cannot beat the good performance of PTI. I means first you blamed low testing for low mortality rate but when I told you low testing mathematically increasing mortality rate. Then you went straight forward bashing the figures. Seriously what is wrong with you. Some problem in top of your head.
You opened a thread to celebrate Pakistan's performance by comparing it with 1 out of 190+ countries in the world. I already told you that testing is how people would know if they have or died by this virus. You can celebrate "mortality rate" all you want since you obviously are concerned with "rate" rather than realizing people actually died and for those people and their family, "rate" means nothing. Stop making this an attack on PTI. This is a Pakistan's issue. You are clearly not good with numbers. Oh and there is no problem with my head, it is you who have your brains in your a*se.

Well Imran Khans steps towards containing the virus and preventive measures are appreciated, the thing is the decision was a bit late then needee and while the country had plenty of time to prepare, the government did not do much in light of the situation around the world.
For example there are currently 100+ tests pending only from gilgit baltistan with hundreds more needes to be tested.
There is only one place where testing for corona is being don with a capacity of 10 tests per day here.
If steps would've been taken early to prepare more we could identify patients much quicker and isolate them sooner.
The doctor who was martyred while fighting corona virus here was due to nonavailability of safety equipment.
The decsion was taken too late with no preparation done sooner.

While no parallel can be drawn between the fight against corona in Pakistan and india..
Pakistan did a step by step lockdown of the country which was a good decision in my opinion. While in india it was sudden while stranded many people

You opened a thread to celebrate Pakistan's performance by comparing it with 1 out of 190+ countries in the world. I already told you that testing is how people would know if they have or died by this virus. You can celebrate "mortality rate" all you want since you obviously are concerned with "rate" rather than realizing people actually died and for those people and their family, "rate" means nothing. Stop making this an attack on PTI. This is a Pakistan's issue. You are clearly not good with numbers. Oh and there is no problem with my head, it is you who have your brains in your a*se.

Hello I compared Pakistan with India which is closest to Pakistan in population density. Climate and other things. Economic growth of both countries is similar these days. So it was good to compare and most of Pakistani media wanted a Modi style lockdown in Pakistan so I had to compare.

But even if you camper Pakistan with China or Spain or KSA or turkey or Italy or USA still Pakistan is doing better. So I fail to understand why you are flaming over the comparison. I had to do it with some country. So I did with India. But what is your actual problem why are you not happy with low mortality rate?

There's no such thing as a true total lockdown. It's Modi defrauding his own people and his international audience simultaneously.

I understand from most major media sources (BBC included) that people had 4 hours notice of the supposed total lockdown or failed attempt at a total lockdown or however you define it. That 4 hour period for panicked stocking of supplies was also at night, after shops had shut.

Is that your idea of a planned and appropriately staged lockdown? Or is BBC lying? Maybe the Indian editors at BBC are at home in isolation while some "hinduphobic" elements stayed at the office to malign Hindustan?

All essential supplies are available as usual. Medicines, milk, groceries etc stores are all open. All essential good supply lines are working seamlessly. I am in Delhi and telling you that I haven't heard from any of my relatives or friends about any shortage or panic buying of any commodity ( But for vitamin C tablets )

No they are not.

Resulting politics will ensure no accountability either.

All essential supplies are available as usual. Medicines, milk, groceries etc stores are all open. All essential good supply lines are working seamlessly. I am in Delhi and telling you that I haven't heard from any of my relatives or friends about any shortage or panic buying of any commodity ( But for vitamin C tablets )
Great. So people can leave home to shop for goods as needed?

Great. So people can leave home to shop for goods as needed?

Most of the things are home delivered.

Only one member per family is allowed to go out to buy essentials that too to from any local nearby shop.

No gathering or group is visible even outside any shop. Everyone is maintaining the prescribed social distance.

And everybody I know is doing this like a ritual.

as per covid.gov.pk in last 30 days, use Edge as for some reason it does not loads properly on Tor, FF and Brave

Punjab: 490 cases, 5 deaths, 4 recoveries
Sindh: 469 cases, 1 death, 14 recoveries
ICT: 39 cases, 0 deaths, 2 recoveries
KPK: 180 cases, 3 deaths, 2 recoveries
Balochistan: 133 cases, 1 death, 0 recovery
GB: 107 cases, 1 death, 3 recoveries
AJK: 2 cases, 0 death, 0 recovery

now i will let you math guru's do the percentages, lets focus on the top effected provinces which are Sindh and Punjab, by the way i have been keeping track of the stats with dates

Date Punjab Sindh
28-3-2020 557 469
28-3-2020 490 457
27-3-2020 425 440
27-3-2020 414 440
27-3-2020 408 429
26-3-2020 394 421
26-3-2020 340 421
26-3-2020 323 417
25-3-2020 310 413
25-3-2020 296 413
25-3-2020 281 407
24-3-2020 267 407
23-3-2020 246 394
23-3-2020 225 352
23-3-2020 225 333
21-3-2020 137 396

now compare which approach was more effective, doing lockdown verses not doing lockdown

Your bias cannot beat the good performance of PTI.

So the only motive of you being here is to give pat on it's back for all the stupidity they are doing ? Let's the few week pass on and we will see how smart your PM if the GOP releases the actual figure.Italy,Spain,UK and US are idiots who are going on complete lockdown and you are the smartest one.God forbid if a percent of whatever is happening in US or Italy then you will be begging Chinese and other countries for medical emergency and dollars.

So the only motive of you being here is to give pat on it's back for all the stupidity they are doing ? Let's the few week pass on and we will see how smart your PM if the GOP releases the actual figure.Italy,Spain,UK and US are idiots who are going on complete lockdown and you are the smartest one.God forbid if a percent of whatever is happening in US or Italy then you will be begging Chinese and other countries for medical emergency and dollars.
Who the hell told there aint a lockdown???

and for liquor as well :(.Wine shop should have been opened at this hard time :)

Who the hell told there aint a lockdown???

Go there the thread and read each post slowly and see what your own country men are saying ? Roaming on roads,street food corners are open,mosques are open,grocery stores are overcrowded.do you call it a lockdown ?

Go there the thread and read each post slowly and see what your own country men are saying ? Roaming on roads,street food corners are open,mosques are open,grocery stores are overcrowded.do you call it

Sometimes when LEA are not present people come out however almost all of the avtivities have been suspended.

There’s no full lockdown in the US. Even in hard hit states like Michigan, grocery stores, doctors etc and essential services as defined by state governments are open.

You simply can’t do a total lockdown in large countries because you’re going to cause panic both before the lockdown is announced with a rush on stores and people hoarding and you’re going to cause panic after a lockdown starts as people become desperate and start running out of essentials.

Even the idea of reducing store hours (as Sindh government announced) is a bad one because you’re going to compress everyone that goes out to buy things into a smaller time period and therefore create larger crowds (which will increase the risk of infections) during the reduced business hours.

Small, wealthy countries might be able to get away with full lockdowns because smaller population size and large resources will allow for them to provide a more comprehensive level of home delivery of essential items.

Back
Top Bottom