What's new

Is PTI handling coronavirus correctly or not. Let's analyze the numbers and see what have they done.

There’s no full lockdown in the US. Even in hard hit states like Michigan, grocery stores, doctors etc and essential services as defined by state governments are open.

You simply can’t do a total lockdown because you’re going to cause panic both before the lockdown is announced with a rush on stores and people hoarding and you’re going to cause panic after a lockdown starts as people become desperate and start running out of essentials.

Even the idea of reducing store hours (as Sindh government announced) is a bad one because you’re going to compress everyone that goes out to buy things into a smaller time period and therefore create larger crowds (which will increase the risk of infections) during the reduced business hours.

So what do you suggest ? Partial lockdown is not the way forward and full lockdown is not feasible.If US is not doing then at least UK is going for it.US should not taken as a good example as the reported cases and casualties are on the higher side too.

So what do you suggest ? Partial lockdown is not the way forward and full lockdown is not feasible.If US is not doing then at least UK is going for it.US should not taken as a good example as the reported cases and casualties are on the higher side too.
For larger countries, partial lockdowns for essential services only is the way forward. As IK and various other world leaders and health professionals have argued, the best way to stop this is for every individual to take responsibility and quarantine themselves and limit interactions.

IK’s proposal to have a volunteer force working in conjunction with law enforcement & military to provide essential items to the most vulnerable parts of society at home (the ones that are unlikely to be able to afford or find essentials to store for months) in conjunction with a lockdown that leaves grocery stores and essential services/businesses open is in my view the best option.

Deploy LEA’s/SF’s at these businesses & do patrols to remind people about social distancing & keep things organized.

Most countries can’t follow the Chinese model anyway so a full lockdown like theirs won’t be successful even if attempted.

The UK is not on a full lockdown there are people still allowed to work if necessary and cannot work from home and have been told dont leave home unless essential and Pakistan has taken far better and they are doing well steps even in the UK mass testing is still not available and so far Germany seems to be doing extremely well.

Only earlier today the UK health official said if we have less than 20k deaths we would have done well and that is a scary figure and people here are claiming Pakistan goverment isnt doing their best effort.

Total coronavirus cases in Pakistan stand at 1415.

With Punjab now having highest number of patients followed by Sindh Balochistan and KPK.

The current death toll of Pakistan stands at 11 which marks the death rate at 0.7%

Now let's take a look at the country which has almost similar problems like Pakistan in dealing with virus is India.

Total cases of Coronavirus in India are 918

The death toll of India is currently at 19 which makes the death rate at 2.1%

Pakistan which is economically smaller than india is some how performing better than many nations around the world in keeping its death toll low. This is truly a remarkable achievement where first world second and third world all are failing to control this virus.

In this thread try to recognize what is that Pakistan is doing correctly that is keeping its death toll so low.

Out of those 12 deaths in Pakistan, 4 were cancer patients, confirmed by none other then PMIK.

These chytiyas in east will be long term incubation laboratory for this virus. They never bothered with any testing , not knowing where the infection zones are. Now their chutiya of PM is again doing the impulsive thing like he did with their currency and these rats are all praise for him!

God help this region. With these 1 billions lot next door, we are truly unlucky when it comes to the neighbourhood we live in.

with all due respect, taking responsibility and quarantine themselves with limit interactions is something not even working in well organised western countries who are used to basic manners as standing in a que waiting for turn, you guys seriously expect our nation to develop that mind set over the night? not going to happen.

every minute we are wasting results in increasing the spread by multiples, we are already too late.

Let me quote Mr Akufo Addo of Ghanna "I assure you that we know what to do to bring back our economy back to life. What we do not know how to do is to bring people back to life." who enforced lockdown on 6th day of detection with only 21 confirmed cases

So the only motive of you being here is to give pat on it's back for all the stupidity they are doing ? Let's the few week pass on and we will see how smart your PM if the GOP releases the actual figure.Italy,Spain,UK and US are idiots who are going on complete lockdown and you are the smartest one.God forbid if a percent of whatever is happening in US or Italy then you will be begging Chinese and other countries for medical emergency and dollars.
My dear friend we don't have to beg Chinese for anything we are getting supplies from China without asking. Remember when few month ago China was in trouble we sent aid and stood with them against all odds.

At the moment India is begging want proof here it is.

This is karma. India even took donation from Afghanistan lol. This is pathetic.

It depends on who you ask. PMLN supporters will say Imran totally screwed up, for Fazlu supporting jali molvis it was Imran who conspired with Yahoodis and imported corona in Pakistan, for PPP supporters "Bhutto Zinda hay"

This is the result of INCOMPETENCE , There will be deaths all across Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. Many will survive, but 4% of the population will be reduced, many of them will be elderly. In 1-2 months from now bodies will be piling all across these three countries.

Clueless leaders WHO DO NOT take action and close their borders, as well as clueless nations who do not block their people from going to other nations and spreading this disease MUST be sent to a scaffold and hanged upside down!

My blood is boiling right now! Aside from African countries, Muslim countries will be hit by this and we will be hit hard!

This could have been prevented! Borders could have been blocked, China could have blocked flights to other countries, but some shameless people here don't have to guts to criticise them. And now many Muslims are going to die because we are either a) Incompetent, b) can't speak the truth, c) too weak to take proper action.

I myself am safe here in Canada because the government despite making some wrong decisions did take the proper action later on, but my Muslim brothers in Pakistan and Afghanistan are UNSAFE! Now All I can do is pray and send some donations to help as much as I can, but GOD DAMN this could have been PREVENTED. I AM SO PISSED OFF!

My dear friend we don't have to beg Chinese for anything we are getting supplies from China without asking. Remember when few month ago China was in trouble we sent aid and stood with them against all odds.

At the moment India is begging want proof here it is.

This is karma. India even took donation from Afghanistan lol. This is pathetic.

Asking from own people is begging ? You have serious comprehension issues.In the same way asking Pakistanis for dam funds was begging ?

Back
Top Bottom