What's new

Is Pakistan preparing to get out of US war on terrorism

Another idiotic comment from you......he came to Pakistan on his own will and that's where he is.!!

Calling names would NOT defend you jammi... he RULED(better say ABUSED) Pakistan for 10 years and now your court is after him.
Whether he came on his own or pulled by hairs is not the matter.

He is the one who admitted that he was forced to join WOT after "bomb back to stone age" threatening by Bush.

Calling names would NOT defend you jammi... he RULED(better say ABUSED) Pakistan for 10 years and now your court is after him.

He is the one who admitted that he was forced to join WOT after "bomb back to stone age" threatening by Bush.

The first step towards "education" is to "read".

Without reading, you will remain parah likha be-waqoof.

Please do not talk like and islamist and yet display Indian flag.

Thank you

Lol, Pakistan listed the top ten strongest army in the world yet America is doing the work in the region. Oh boy, Sharif must do something. :)

Have you read the book by Mush?

You even know what did he say?

If you are so sure, which Americna official issued the warning?

Any proof based on wiki leaks?

C'mon man.

It is easy to be a poet, much harder to be a historian.

peace

Well, here is the excerpt. Right from the horse's mouth.

When I was back in Islamabad the next day, our director general of Inter Services Intelligence, who happened to be in Washington, told me on the phone about his meeting with the U.S. deputy secretary of state, Richard Armitage. In what has to be the most undiplomatic statement ever made, Armitage added to what Colin Powell had said to me and told the director general not only that we had to decide whether we were with America or with the terrorists, but that if we chose the terrorists, then we should be prepared to be bombed back to the Stone Age. This was a shockingly barefaced threat, but it was obvious that the United States had decided to hit back, and hit back hard.

You need to do a bit of history search and see how the Pakistan economy was performing during his tenure.
And it does matter how he came on his own will to Pakistan since he was living comfortably in Dubai.
Again you are mixing your Apples and Oranges, George Bush's comments were, you are either with us or against us. !!

The first step towards "education" is to "read".

Without reading, you will remain parah likha be-waqoof.

Please do not talk like and islamist and yet display Indian flag.

Thank you

First STEP is to come out of DENIAL MODE and accept simple facts.Can you only access PDF or you can check internet as well? :omghaha: :omghaha:

BBC NEWS | South Asia | US 'threatened to bomb' Pakistan

The US threatened to bomb Pakistan "back to the stone age" unless it joined the fight against al-Qaeda, President Pervez Musharraf has said.
General Musharraf said the warning was delivered by former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage to Pakistan's intelligence director.

"I think it was a very rude remark," Gen Musharraf told CBS television.

Bush threatened to bomb Pakistan, says Musharraf | World news | The Guardian

The Bush administration threatened to bomb Pakistan "back to the stone age" after the September 11 attacks if the country did not cooperate with America's war on Afghanistan, it emerged yesterday.
In an interview to be aired on CBS television this weekend Pakistan's president, General Pervez Musharraf, said the threat was delivered by the assistant secretary of state, Richard Armitage, in conversations with Pakistan's intelligence director.

"The intelligence director told me that (Mr Armitage) said, 'Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the stone age'," Gen Musharraf was quoted as saying. The revelation that the US used extreme pressure to secure Pakistan's cooperation in the war on terror arrived at a time of renewed unease in the US about its frontline ally.

WASHINGTON — Former Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage denied on Friday that he told a Pakistani official the U.S. would bomb Pakistan "back to the Stone Age" if it did not cooperate with Washington in the war on terror following the Sept. 11 attacks.
Armitage, in an interview with NBC News, said his remarks during the conversation were misrepresented. “I wouldn’t threaten the use of military force if I couldn’t come through with it,” he said.

Armitage denies threatening Pakistan - World news - South and Central Asia | NBC News

May be Musharraf was lying in his book! :crazy:

Probably he invented this as this was the easiest way to sell the WOT to the country?

Pakistan may quit the US war of terror, then only many of the Pakistanis will realize that it has now changed into War for Pakistan, as the foreign financed and backed terror outfit TTP will keep fighting till its crushed or wins over Pakistan.

For last 4-5 years, this is no more US War, rather it has become our own war and we will be fighting it for the next 10-15 years provided we don't crush them earlier or we don't lose it.

Agree that we need to crush TTP et al but disengaging from the wider WoT will assist us in that as it would make many Islamists lay down their arms.

Agree that we need to crush TTP et al but disengaging from the wider WoT will assist us in that as it would make many Islamists lay down their arms.

They won't, even if US leaves Afghanistan completely, not a single soldier stays, TTP will still be there and fighting our armed forces, their objectives have changed and their primary objection, goal is to get Pakistan. So now its do or die situation for them, provided we crush them before.

May be Musharraf was lying in his book! :crazy:

Probably he invented this as this was the easiest way to sell the WOT to the country?

Funny how Indians love to repeat leftie and commie and Islamist propaganda and still claim to be "secular".

FYI. In the book if you read it with proper context, Musharraf is just telling what he heard via second hand. Lot of it got lost in translation and the editor.

ISI director Mahmood was in DC when 9/11 happened.

He heard American planners saying "We give you money if you are with us, and we bomb you if you are supporting terrorists AGAINST us".

This message was not just given to Pakistan. The whole world got the same message.

Indians got the same message and they starting jumping up and down "Pick me, Pick me, take my bases, take everything, pick me, pick me.

Americans just laughed at Indians syaing what the f do we need from you. The war is in Afghanistan. Just look at the damn map.

We need Pakistan as it is the only country that can provide us logistics and other help like it has done for the past 30 years of Afghan war.

There is no denying Musharraf had to tread a fine line. There were few black sheep Islamists generals like Hameed-a Bulbul gul that could cause problems for Pakistan.

Luckily it turned out that 99.99% serving generals and officers of 600,000 force were going to do what was needed for the country.

However some Indians out of sheer madness will continue repeating stuff out of context, just to spite Pakistan

even if they have to talk like Islamist $hit Talib-b@stards

peace to you my man. peace to you.

See, I just posted the excerpt that you demanded from another fellow member here and tried to draw a conclusion when many people said that there was no threat.

If there was no threat by USA, why does Musharraf mention it so clearly in his book. There is no translation error and no editorial error here. Let's not squirm just because it may be uncomfortable.

Bush threatened to bomb Pakistan, says Musharraf | World news | The Guardian

The Bush administration threatened to bomb Pakistan "back to the stone age" after the September 11 attacks if the country did not cooperate with America's war on Afghanistan, it emerged yesterday.

In an interview to be aired on CBS television this weekend Pakistan's president, General Pervez Musharraf, said the threat was delivered by the assistant secretary of state, Richard Armitage, in conversations with Pakistan's intelligence director.

"The intelligence director told me that (Mr Armitage) said, 'Be prepared to be bombed. Be prepared to go back to the stone age'," Gen Musharraf was quoted as saying. The revelation that the US used extreme pressure to secure Pakistan's cooperation in the war on terror arrived at a time of renewed unease in the US about its frontline ally.

Gen Musharraf told CBS he was stunned at the bluntness of the US approach in the aftermath of the attacks. "I think it was a very rude remark," he said. But he yielded to the request.

Funny how Indians love to repeat leftie and commie and Islamist propaganda and still claim to be "secular".

See, let's not link individual views and facts to such issues. We are just discussing facts here.

FYI. In the book if you read it with proper context, Musharraf is just telling what he heard via second hand. Lot of it got lost in translation and the editor.

ISI director Mahmood was in DC when 9/11 happened.

He heard American planners saying "We give you money if you are with us, and we bomb you if you are supporting terrorists AGAINST us".

This message was not just given to Pakistan. The whole world got the same message.

This issue is specific to Pakistan. The Taliban government and Pakistan were in the front-line for obvious reasons.

Taliban for sheltering AQ and Pakistan for being the biggest patron of the Taliban. There is nothing here which is not a well known fact.

Indians got the same message and they starting jumping up and down "Pick me, Pick me, take my bases, take everything, pick me, pick me.

Americans just laughed at Indians syaing what the f do we need from you. The war is in Afghanistan. Just look at the damn map.

That's an interesting choice of words and an interesting way of looking at it.

See, no doubt Pakistan was (and is) blessed for being the neighbor of Afghanistan. India definitely shared interests with USA in crushing the Talibs and it was only natural that we offered any help towards that.

Of course we knew that logistically Pakistan was a better choice. still India offering the help resulted in Pakistan's bargaining position going down steeply and it was forced to do what we wanted.

It was as simple as that. Nothing more to read in it.

We need Pakistan as it is the only country that can provide us logistics and other help like it has done for the past 30 years of Afghan war.

Well, one way of looking at it is that Pakistan has profited at the Afghans' expense. Especially your Generals. Their pockets were lined and their armory bulged with the latest weapons, every time Afghans died in their millions.

Did it help the Afghans or average Pakistanis? Your guess is as good as mine.

There is no denying Musharraf had to tread a fine line. There were few black sheep Islamists generals like Hameed-a Bulbul gul that could cause problems for Pakistan.

Luckily it turned out that 99.99% serving generals and officers of 600,000 force were going to do what was needed for the country.

The support for Taliban was the official Pakistani policy for years.

Pakistan was forced to change direction after 9/11.

However some Indians out of sheer madness will continue repeating stuff out of context, just to spite Pakistan

even if they have to talk like Islamist $hit Talib-b@stards

See,we need to able to see these facts dispassionately. There is no spite here, just some obvious facts that we all saw happening with our eyes.

peace to you my man. peace to you.

Peace to you as well sir.

Back
Top Bottom