What's new

Is Pakistan celebrating yoga day?

We might not be celebrating Yoga right now but no one can dispute the claim that yoga has its origin in Pakistan and modern Pakistanis are the descendants of the people who practiced yoga for the first time thousands of years ago.

Boo fkin hoo, we have other problems to worry about, you think average pakistani or even an average indian gives two shits about yoga day when their main concern is food for the day?

Infact hungry people need yoga more than fat people,when you are hungry your mind goes for a toss and you think anything is alright as long as stomach is filled,thats leads to bad consequences later.

How yoga is different than other exercises ?

since u live in the UK,why dont u try it yourself,an explanation is only 1% as good as real action.

I see pakistani/arab people getting serious diabetes/heart disease/stomach ailments and rapid aging(like waqar younis) due to excessive consumption of red meat,yoga will help your mind to have more control over your senses and regulate the metabolism of the body.

We might not be celebrating Yoga right now but no one can dispute the claim that yoga has its origin in Pakistan and modern Pakistanis are the descendants of the people who practiced yoga for the first time thousands of years ago.

beech mein kya hua? ahmad shah abdali ne bandh kar diya kya?

namaz se bhara youga kon sa ha?

with all due respect,namaz and yoga are very different.

and namaaz is not even 1% of yoga,the flexibility and internal clean up one achieves while doing yoga is just mind blowing,

Namaaz or Namashkar is a good beginning for drunkards/despressed people/love lost people etc but thats just the beginning,a routine,a discipline.

jab koi bhi aapki baat maan nahi raha,toh behas tak kaun pahunchega?

In ki khopdyon mein hawa bhar gai hey aur koi baat nahin hey.

When I was in first year of college, a friend of mine gave me few books on Yoga. Back in those days I also used to do weight exercise (still do but not as avidly). My friend told me that yoga exercises will help me with stretching my muscles, which was indeed the case. However, since I used to say prayers, I never bothered about the so-called spiritual or concentration part of yoga. Later, I learnt swimming and nothing helped me better with stretching my muscles and relieving with pain (due to weight exercises) than swimming. Point is, if someone wants to do yoga, he/she can, it is just one of several forms of exercises available.

Chinese have similar thing called Chi Kung or Qi gong. Again the idea is to exercise while trying to capture or harvest energy (what the hell is this?) around you. Well, these things look fascinating in cartoons and movies but they don't work in real life, at-least I have not experienced them working for me nor could anyone show me that they work for them. When you get sick, you take medicines for cure, not harvest mystical energies through Qi gong. No amount of spiritual exercise can protect you from getting ill from ingesting bacteria or loosing blood in an accident. Same is true for all the so-called mystical potions made up of ginseng root, birds nest soup, and what not. When you buy 10 gram Ginsing for US$ 50, your screwed up brain want to reassure you that it is working, whereas the fact is, it is only your brain that is reassuring you about mystical benefits. That is called placebo effect.

The other day, I was watching interesting psychological experiments. In one experiment, the researchers had group of people to taste a cake priced at US$50. The same group was made to taste exactly similarly prepared cake but priced at US$10. Guess what, unanimously, the group found US$50 cake tastier, moist, and fresh whereas recorded negative comments for the US$10 cake. When they were told that they actually tasted same thing but only with a different price tag, they became astonished. This is human psychology and that is how it works.

Yoga & swimming are completely different things,Yoga is for the mind,your pineal gland.

Please search about the pineal gland and figure.

Thats 3 paragraphs of royal nonsense i have ever read.

Namaz-.jpg

Common man dont be a suck up in identity crisis and Stop stealing other's culture and Heroes ....and LAMO at funny names like Yogi Farhan or Yogi Musa.

Start it by renaming Gaddafi Stadium with some local hero.

Even Afghans make fun of you

Pakistan hijacked our heroes, says Kabul - Telegraph

Is Pakistan celebrating yoga day?today people around the world are taking part in a healthy activity including Muslim countries.
Five Times 'Namaz' Is The Best Yoga-Murli Manohar Joshi ...

Five Times ‘Namaz’ Is The Best Yoga-Murli Manohar Joshi
April 9, 2015 uroojkhan Political
New-Delhi- Former Union Minister and Bhatiya Janta Party’s veteran leader Murli Manohar Joshi said “Five times Muslim Prayer ‘Namaz’ is the best Yoga” in his recent speech on Yoga.
Manohar Joshi has admitted that Muslim’s posture of Namaz is the best Yoga to keep health updated, “Prophet Mohammad has started this five times practise,” he added.
He delivered this statement while addressing a seminar on ‘

Five Times Namaz Is The Best Yoga
The Iyenger Way-Yoga for the Millenium’.

Murli Manohar Joshi was among the BJP leaders, on the day when Babri Masjid was demolished by a mob of thousands, he put his hand on Uma Bharti’s shoulder and showed his joy through dance.

In ki khopdyon mein hawa bhar gai hey aur koi baat nahin hey.

When I was in first year of college, a friend of mine gave me few books on Yoga. Back in those days I also used to do weight exercise (still do but not as avidly). My friend told me that yoga exercises will help me with stretching my muscles, which was indeed the case. However, since I used to say prayers, I never bothered about the so-called spiritual or concentration part of yoga. Later, I learnt swimming and nothing helped me better with stretching my muscles and relieving with pain (due to weight exercises) than swimming. Point is, if someone wants to do yoga, he/she can, it is just one of several forms of exercises available.

Chinese have similar thing called Chi Kung or Qi gong. Again the idea is to exercise while trying to capture or harvest energy (what the hell is this?) around you. Well, these things look fascinating in cartoons and movies but they don't work in real life, at-least I have not experienced them working for me nor could anyone show me that they work for them. When you get sick, you take medicines for cure, not harvest mystical energies through Qi gong. No amount of spiritual exercise can protect you from getting ill from ingesting bacteria or loosing blood in an accident. Same is true for all the so-called mystical potions made up of ginseng root, birds nest soup, and what not. When you buy 10 gram Ginsing for US$ 50, your screwed up brain want to reassure you that it is working, whereas the fact is, it is only your brain that is reassuring you about mystical benefits. That is called placebo effect.

The other day, I was watching interesting psychological experiments. In one experiment, the researchers had group of people to taste a cake priced at US$50. The same group was made to taste exactly similarly prepared cake but priced at US$10. Guess what, unanimously, the group found US$50 cake tastier, moist, and fresh whereas recorded negative comments for the US$10 cake. When they were told that they actually tasted same thing but only with a different price tag, they became astonished. This is human psychology and that is how it works.
You analogy of US$10 cake is perfectly true. But Yoga is like US$1 cake while Going to Gym and Swimming Pool is a US$50 cake. Therefore Yoga will have few takers in a society which value a product by looking at price tags

It's Ramadan. Yoga is the most stupid idea and Indians are sad bunch of people so they can try such things. We have better things for ourselves.

We have our own ways of meditation.

And sometimes we also follow Budhist traditions of Yoga (as shown in so many chinese movies).

Why should we celebrate something an extremist is trying to sell as his own idea?

Praying 5 times a day is best exercise for Pakistanis. Not just Pakistan but many Muslim societies that exist around world are benefited by praying Namaz, Salat .

It's Ramadan. Yoga is the most stupid idea and Indians are sad bunch of people so they can try such things. We have better things for ourselves.
like what eating beef curry in the evenings after a day of fasting,baaki din bhi yeh hi karte ho naa tum log.

We have our own ways of meditation.

And sometimes we also follow Budhist traditions of Yoga (as shown in so many chinese movies).

Why should we celebrate something an extremist is trying to sell as his own idea?

like what? what is buddhist tradition of yoga,aap humein batayenge kya zara?

hahahaha,IQ abhuth zyada hogya tera.

like what eating beef curry in the evenings after a day of fasting,baaki din bhi yeh hi karte ho naa tum log.

I take those chinese grand masters shown in Kung-Fu movies are mostly Budhists. So I was refering to that type of meditation. I find it quite interesting.

It's Ramadan and you don't know what it is but for us it is better than anything least of it Yoga. Take a look at happiness rankings and you will find why Indians are sad bunch despite that funky chicken body posturing! (I'm assuming Yoga is not a Hindu religious thing. I don't insult religions)

i know what is Ramadan and unlike you,i fast once a week from dawn to dust for 52 days a year and it is not even social,people go about doin their stuff all the time,There is no,ohh u cant drink water public scene happening here.

happiness rankings? kaunsa ranking paaji,aap apna dimaag istemal karo,sab pakistani dubai/US/Uk ki taraf kyon daudte hain.

I have lived in Dubai,i have spoken to so many people.

humein koi ranking ki zaroorat nahi hain bhai,if u want come here.U ll find paradise on earth,a big vast country with excellent natural beauty and water.

U are a half retard,thats all you are.please educate yourself first,learning read/write/type in english is not real education.

o learn,what is yoga and stop living like a crab in the well.

I take those chinese grand masters shown in Kung-Fu movies are mostly Budhists. So I was refering to that type of meditation. I find it quite interesting.

yeah they are,all meditation is the same dude,

but do u know how those buddhist monks live?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom