What's new

Is PAF ranked top among all Muslim Countries Airforces Now?

^^^^^^^^^^
Then again Muslims are suffering all over the world.

A Tamil suicide bomber blew up Rajiv Gandhi for helping Lankan government, a Sikh body guard took out Indra Gandhi for trampling the serenity of the Golden Tample.
One wonders then how the Indian Muslim or otherwise proved them self
after the destruction of Babri Mosque or Gujrat genocide. ??!
!

What exactly are you trying to imply here, you delinquent? I can see what you are trying to do there. You know you are stirring up a hornet's nest here, which, may possibly land YOU in trouble with the authorities.
You, my friend, reside in a nation of CCTVs. Big Brother's watching!

what has the nationality of the Tamil tiger got to do with this thread ?
Please try to stick to the topic

Cheers

TURKISH AIR FORCE

210 F-16C/D Block 30/40/50
52 F-4E 2020 Terminator
104 F-4E Phantom II
39 RF-4E Phantom II
43 F-5 2000
24 F-5A/B Freedom Fighter

04 B-737-700 AEW&C MESA (Early warning aircraft)

PAKISTAN AIR FORCE

42 F-16A/B BLOCK 15
01 F-16C/D BLOCK 52+
08 JF-17 THUNDER
50 MIRAGE 5
63 MIRAGE 3
55 F-7P
77 F-7PG

EGYPTIAN AIR FORCE

138 F-16C/D block 40
40 F-16C/D block 32
42 F-16A/B block 15
19 Mirage2000
32 F-4 Phantoms
60 Mirage 5

08 E-2C Hawkeye AWACS

which sources did you use to get these numbers? You also forgot to mention the F-5 Fantans in PAF inventory.

I believe the common and widely shared consensus on PAF is:

120 F-7P
60 F-7PG
150 Mirage III/V (33 of the former and 34 of the latter which were upgraded with FLIR/BVR/night-fighting capablility under the ROSE upgrade program)

42 F-16 A/B Block 15 (all of which are to be upgraded to C/D block 52 capability)

12 F-16C/D Block 32

1 F-16D Block 52+ (with 17 more to be delivered)

41 A-5C/III Fantan

8 JF-17 Thunder

but this may also contain flaws and/or not keep into account lost aircrafts

i dont know what you mean when giving whole list of fighter jets & then saying 'oh! no we don't have modern fighter jets but we have high class pilots.
PAF shot down some russian(correctly it was soviet) jets during 80's so whats the big deal when your mujahid brothers doing same in afganistan by shooting soviet fighter jets & hind copters by U.S supplied stringer missiles.

i reamber an incident in late 80's when PAF f16 crashed near afgan border earlier it was thoughted to be a stringer hit by mujahid bro's but to the embracement of PAF it was shot down by another f16 due to mistaken identity(this reference was given in former ISI former director general may be usuf akdin in his book "The bear Trap" based on his experience in afgan fight during soviet invasion)

Those jets intruded into Pakistani Airspace and were shot down. Shooting aircraft with MANPAD and through A2A engagement are two completely different things requiring different set of skills. In MANPAD you just aim the missile at the aircraft and push the button to fire, rest is done by the missile seeker itself with no input from the missile operator to steer the missile. While in A2A engagement lot of different skills are needed for a dogfight.

And it was due to the high class nature of PAF pilots that they downed 10 IAF superior aircrafts with their inferior aircrafts in the Arab Israeli Wars with a NIL record at the hands of IAF and after the war the pilots were asked to be deputed in the arab countries to train their pilots.

And as for the PAF F-16 getting shot down, it was not mistaken identity rather the missile seeker captured the F-16 in its sight while it was fired to engage the Russian aircraft. The F-16 crossed into the path of the missile and the missile went for it.

And it is the reason of PAF pilots professionalism that they are deputed in many of the arab air forces and train them and with them and fly their aircrafts.

"PAF is having Good F16 Pilots and one of the best in Muslim AFs.
But, PAF has upper hand Against Russian and Israeli Air Forces "

biggest joke of week ,your most fighters(except few) are copy's of russian jets
what upper hand PAF have ? ,making castles in air ?

We have fought many wars, and proved ..
If You are better then Us then Discuss ..What you have ?
what you are doing ?
or
making castles in air? :rofl:

which sources did you use to get these numbers? You also forgot to mention the F-5 Fantans in PAF inventory.

I believe the common and widely shared consensus on PAF is:

120 F-7P
60 F-7PG
150 Mirage III/V (33 of the former and 34 of the latter which were upgraded with FLIR/BVR/night-fighting capablility under the ROSE upgrade program)

42 F-16 A/B Block 15 (all of which are to be upgraded to C/D block 52 capability)

12 F-16C/D Block 32

1 F-16D Block 52+ (with 17 more to be delivered)

41 A-5C/III Fantan

8 JF-17 Thunder

but this may also contain flaws and/or not keep into account lost aircrafts

You mean A-5 phantans, yes i missed these planes thanks for correcting me :). First batch of 42 A-5 was received in Dec 1983 and another 100 in early 1987. Currently we have 41-42, phase out and replacement by JF-17 will be complete by 2015.

We have received F-16's in the following order.

02 F-16A block 15 (Peace Gate I - 1983)
04 F-16B block 15 (Peace Gate I - 1983)
26 F-16A block 15 (Peace Gate II - 1983-87)
08 F-16B block 15 (Peace Gate II - 1983-87)

Total = 40

Pakistan received another 12 planes under EDA
04 F-16A Block 15OCU (2005-08)
08 F-16B Block 15OCU (2005-08)

These are the planes from Peace Gate III/IV which were embargoed.
We will receive another two aircraft from Peace Gate III/IV which are part of the Pakistan Mid-Life Update program and would arrive in Pakistan in December 2011.

So far we have lost 3 in 1980's another 5 in 1990's and 1 in 2009.

Following should be the current inventory of F-16's
Kindly correct me if I'm wrong

41 F-16 Block 15 (will undergo upgrade from TAI starting Oct 2010. One per month)
01 F-16 Block 52

Expected Delivery of the remaining 17 Block 52

Three aircraft to be ready in June 2010
four aircraft in August 2010
five aircraft in October 2010
four aircraft in Dec 2010
one aircraft in December 2011. Total 17

Yes after some more research I will agree on the F-7 & F-7PG numbers currently operating

As far as the Mirage III/V is concerned i'm still not sure as different sources are giving different numbers.
kindly provide some source.

Cheers :cheers:

Definitely NOT the PAF. What are you joking about this thread? While you get cheap and free items from the US. Turkey, Saudi, Egypt, UAE (who else =) are getting F-35, Eurofighter, Blk 60+++.

Stop dreaming. Tell me one plane in the PAF that can top the F-35 Turkey has(r will get actually), Eurofighter Saudi has, Su-30 Egypt has.

Definitely NOT the PAF. What are you joking about this thread? While you get cheap and free items from the US. Turkey, Saudi, Egypt, UAE (who else =) are getting F-35, Eurofighter, Blk 60+++.

Stop dreaming. Tell me one plane in the PAF that can top the F-35 Turkey has(r will get actually), Eurofighter Saudi has, Su-30 Egypt has.

Airforces arround the world cannot be judged by the planes or jets they have they are rated because of their top notch officers and talents of their pilots. These are the kinds of things which make any force top or down.:taz:

Airforces arround the world cannot be judged by the planes or jets they have they are rated because of their top notch officers and talents of their pilots. These are the kinds of things which make any force top or down.:taz:

Yes they can actually. Because what you're flying are toys compared to the F-35 and F-16 +60. But what you said is also true. And is also insane. Top notch officers, talents of pilots. Blah Blah Blah.

So what does this mean? PAF has the best pilots and those countries don't?

Invalid Post. You don't know how good these PAF pilots are. You don't know how good the Saudi/UAE pilots are. Don't tell me bla bla in Afgan war. Because Britain was a legendary air force until the Luftwaffe kicked it's ***. You keep thinking about past and how you did great, your air force will fade away along with history.

Yes they can actually. Because what you're flying are toys compared to the F-35 and F-16 +60. But what you said is also true. And is also insane. Top notch officers, talents of pilots. Blah Blah Blah.

So what does this mean? PAF has the best pilots and those countries don't?

Invalid Post. You don't know how good these PAF pilots are. You don't know how good the Saudi/UAE pilots are. Don't tell me bla bla in Afgan war. Because Britain was a legendary air force until the Luftwaffe kicked it's ***. You keep thinking about past and how you did great, your air force will fade away along with history.

Well thread topic is this "Is PAF ranked top among all Muslim Countries Airforces Now?" so what I was saying that PAF atleast top force among muslim nations. And surely PAF if we say all over the world then PAF surely must have a very very high ratings. By the way you must have done a lot of Blah Blah Blah I m not the kind of a person who does that so mind your language in this sense when you talk to me. Be very careful in the future ok understood.:pakistan:

yea india hav LCA which can kill raptor haha
dont know about egyptian airforce but turky wil hav F-35 n they hav f16
saudi going to buy eurofighter n they hav f-15 n panavia tornado
UAE hav f-16 block 60 mirage 2000-9 n they going to buy rafale
pakistan hav f-16 n rest of aircrafts are third and second gen but with addition to f-16 jf17 n fc20 n might another platform in shape of rafale or gripen ng after india decide for its MRCA

Back
Top Bottom