What's new

Is PAF ranked top among all Muslim Countries Airforces Now?

Just one good reason for it to be rated amongst the best.

73a07ec2e162ee8b146285bb1230f367.jpg

e65ee24ccdf336e4a1e4a5bebdd9d5f9.jpg

Yes indeed PAF is at the top position.

I think Turkey is number one...in terms of training, pilot discipline, and quality of aircrafts; and also keeping in mind aeronautical maintenance facilities, and other factors

we come after Turkey.

in terms of actual air wars experience, i think we have the upper hand; though Turkey has had interesting F16 wars with Greeks (and they did a damn good job)

So what does this mean? PAF has the best pilots and those countries don't?

Invalid Post. You don't know how good these PAF pilots are. You don't know how good the Saudi/UAE pilots are. Don't tell me bla bla in Afgan war. Because Britain was a legendary air force until the Luftwaffe kicked it's ***. You keep thinking about past and how you did great, your air force will fade away along with history.

As a matter of fact yes they don't... only if u knew that the Pakistani Pilots are deputed in most of the Gulf countries, not without a reason i'm sure.
If it were only the planes that made the deciding difference i'm sure they would be fighting wars with Remote-Control Jets :lol:
PAF is feared not for their planes but for their pilots. PAF has proved that time and again always taking on bigger and better AF delivering a much bigger punch then anticipated. You don't believe me .... ask Indian Air Force
:cheers:

what about the israelis and soviets?

Oh how could I forget the Soviets.:no:

4th Aug 1988: Squadron Leader Ather shot down a Soviet Su-25, pilot ejected and was taken POW. The pilot of the Su-25 was colonel Ruskoi Alexander Vladimirovich who was handed back on the 16th Aug 1988. In 1991 we saw this officer rise to the position of Vice President of Russia. "We shot down your Vice President, Russians" :rofl:

As far as the Israelis go, I guess the score is 4-0 :chilli:
:pakistan:

Stop dreaming. Tell me one plane in the PAF that can top the F-35 Turkey has(r will get actually), Eurofighter Saudi has, Su-30 Egypt has.

even US to date does not have F-35 in service. How come level three partners like turkey and evenmore buyers like KSA and UAE are having it "flying" for them it is likely in 2025-2030. We might be well at par with them in this period (FC-20 Development, JF-17Bl 3, JXX, and a possible new machine)

You mean A-5 phantans, yes i missed these planes thanks for correcting me :). First batch of 42 A-5 was received in Dec 1983 and another 100 in early 1987. Currently we have 41-42, phase out and replacement by JF-17 will be complete by 2015.

We have received F-16's in the following order.

02 F-16A block 15 (Peace Gate I - 1983)
04 F-16B block 15 (Peace Gate I - 1983)
26 F-16A block 15 (Peace Gate II - 1983-87)
08 F-16B block 15 (Peace Gate II - 1983-87)

Total = 40

Pakistan received another 12 planes under EDA
04 F-16A Block 15OCU (2005-08)
08 F-16B Block 15OCU (2005-08)

These are the planes from Peace Gate III/IV which were embargoed.
We will receive another two aircraft from Peace Gate III/IV which are part of the Pakistan Mid-Life Update program and would arrive in Pakistan in December 2011.

So far we have lost 3 in 1980's another 5 in 1990's and 1 in 2009.

Following should be the current inventory of F-16's
Kindly correct me if I'm wrong

41 F-16 Block 15 (will undergo upgrade from TAI starting Oct 2010. One per month)
01 F-16 Block 52

Expected Delivery of the remaining 17 Block 52

Three aircraft to be ready in June 2010
four aircraft in August 2010
five aircraft in October 2010
four aircraft in Dec 2010
one aircraft in December 2011. Total 17

Yes after some more research I will agree on the F-7 & F-7PG numbers currently operating

As far as the Mirage III/V is concerned i'm still not sure as different sources are giving different numbers.
kindly provide some source.

Cheers :cheers:

great man, good work

thanks for the infos

At present I would rate the Turkish Air Force at the top.
But having said that PAF will be a completely different institution by 2015

At present I would rate the Turkish Air Force at the top.
But having said that PAF will be a completely different institution by 2015
I guess it would be easy if we put "classes" on the AFs like AFs in the top category would be say "Top guns" then "Professionals" and then the "Rockies". So PAF,TuAF "Top Guns" for me. RSAF,UAEAF, RMAF in "professionals" and rest in the "rockies"

I guess it would be easy if we put "classes" on the AFs like AFs in the top category would be say "Top guns" then "Professionals" and then the "Rockies". So PAF,TuAF "Top Guns" for me. RSAF,UAEAF, RMAF in "professionals" and rest in the "rockies"

That's a good suggestion, but how about we rather place the pilots of the respective AFs under those categories. We have discussed the inventory of the fighter Jets already. Quality of pilots can be the next step for a better understanding.

Just a suggestion.

:cheers:

I think, it's the one that whose pilots are the most pretty, beatiful. :victory:

You cant be a a world class air force unless you have the equipment to match..

PAF is lagging behind other muslim powers and only just coming to grips with concepts of BVR and refulling almost a decade after most nations including their rivals india.

There very small budget means their training and reserves are very limited to the bigger richer nations like Turkey & saudi and Egypet even indoneasia has far bigger military budget.

It is impossible to suggest PAF is the best when 80% of their pilots fly in F7 & MIRAGE rose 5 type planes...

These pilots have never handled the Typhoons F15E or SU30MKi of the world

Saudis train and work with up to 1000 technicians from UK & USA ona daily basis.

Turks operate within NATO

The sensible money is on these two mulsim /islamic powers.

For the money you pakistanis invest in your air power you are world class BUT in a real argument the turks/and saudis operate a completely different world.

In the NEAR FUTURE indoneasia will have a superb air force they are planning to spend $ billions on new fighters awacs and training systems.

technology wise we are lagging behind no doubt, but the quality of men puts us on top.

Your men are trained to fight a war in 1980 not 2014.....they are lacking the experience and education of a Turkish Saudi pilot....the paf training regime is not as sophisticated how can it be these two have world class American and NATO facilties.

Back
Top Bottom