What's new

Is PAF ranked top among all Muslim Countries Airforces Now?

Your men are trained to fight a war in 1980 not 2014.....they are lacking the experience and education of a Turkish Saudi pilot....the paf training regime is not as sophisticated how can it be these two have world class American and NATO facilties.

"Training based on last war" is a near universal observation. So, then what is your point?

I suppose your observation about education is really about your perception of exposure to technology. I would like you to substantiate your statement with facts. Prove that PAF does not have access to aircraft with similar level of technology (tech, not specs).

If anything PAF is much more resourceful than either Saudis or Turks by way of keeping old aircraft as current as possible. Do they use a mix of US, European, & Chinese aircraft and related technologies?

We sure can not match their budget, but no one can keep us out of reckoning.

Combat experience, Combat record, tactics, training and deployment philosophy yes.

Hardware no - Turkey, Saudis, Egypt Air forces are better equipped.

Combat experience, Combat record, tactics, training and deployment philosophy yes.

Hardware no - Turkey, Saudis, Egypt Air forces are better equipped.

In hardware Egypt is one of the best equipped? Really?

No they have more 4th generation jets than PAF but they don't have BVRs :P

Its like having a Super Sports Car with no High Octane Fuel :D. The Israelis will blast them out of the sky before they even get a chance to defend themselvs. Not only do they lack BVR, they lack the credible Early Warning Systems and EW Suites required to halt an onslaught from the IDAF. Their 4th Generation Aircraft are as good as dead if the Israelis have already jammed their Avionics.

People talking about combat records from 20 or 30 years ago are neglecting today's threat.

The best airforces be it islamic and non Muslim constantly develope and evolve to new technolgy....this also happens in industry and business.

People talk about doctrine well I ask what sort of doctrine is world class....which sort of doctrine in paf is world class that does not exist in UAE Saudi Turkish or eygptian squdrons....

I would take on skilled vetren paf pilot in a f7 or mirage 5 anyday than face a average but hungry young Arab pilot in a typhoon or f15 or f16/60....never in history as technology mattered so much more than skill

Stop underestimating your Arab Muslim brothers just because the Israelis battered them in the past. Their training . Doctrine and philosophy is USA and UK led. For me that's good enough to respectful to them...
Imo both Saudi and turkey would kick the Indian air force in to touch and our air force is the fourth largest in the world with some world class stuff like phalcons awacs s300.sams and over 170 Su30 mki. And we Indians have used air power recently ad 1999. But Saudis flew the gulf war and turkey is a NATO standard power

People talking about combat records from 20 or 30 years ago are neglecting today's threat.

The best airforces be it islamic and non Muslim constantly develope and evolve to new technolgy....this also happens in industry and business.

People talk about doctrine well I ask what sort of doctrine is world class....which sort of doctrine in paf is world class that does not exist in UAE Saudi Turkish or eygptian squdrons....

I would take on skilled vetren paf pilot in a f7 or mirage 5 anyday than face a average but hungry young Arab pilot in a typhoon or f15 or f16/60....never in history as technology mattered so much more than skill

Stop underestimating your Arab Muslim brothers just because the Israelis battered them in the past. Their training . Doctrine and philosophy is USA and UK led. For me that's good enough to respectful to them...
Imo both Saudi and turkey would kick the Indian air force in to touch and our air force is the fourth largest in the world with some world class stuff like phalcons awacs s300.sams and over 170 Su30 mki. And we Indians have used air power recently ad 1999. But Saudis flew the gulf war and turkey is a NATO standard power

Dude, you need some icewater.

My problem with Arabic nations isn't technology and training, I agree with you that we shouldn't underestimate that. What I fear though is their corruption, especially in a war with Israel or preventing a foreign invasion against an fellow Arabic nation. They are corrupt when it comes to those things.

I don't think that's changed either. Egypt for example during Mubarak knew beforehand that Israel would launch an offensive against Gaza. It didn't bother them. Also with Iraq. We saw what happened.

I heard that PAF is the most Islamic radicalized out of the 3 services in Pakistan military. Recent examples are the assassination attempts on Musharraf, airbase attacks etc.

I will not compare Apple with orange or History of AFs.

Another Angle
Countries like SA, UAE etc are very rich countries and they can purchase latest or best available AC from almost every country and they are best AFs but With due respect they are not The best amongst Muslim countries. I take this option as differently for example Pakistan AF and Turkish AF both are moving towards self reliance/ Indigenous AC manufacturing (now don't start discussion about engine, avionics or other parts, no one is perfect here and need some help/dependant on other countries from start to end Supply Chain). SA,UAE, Egypt etc cant use their onhand AC against any aggression from NATO, or USA in true spirit but in other hand Pakistan can use JF-17 against any posed threat, Simply if you cant use your available resources then you are not the best AF.
So in my point of view PAF is The best:pakistan: amongst all the muslim countries AFs.

Regards
PiyaraPakistan

I think SA has much potent Airforce which includes Eurofighter and other American Stuff.

Please clarify, as far as i know the EAF doesn't have the BVR capability to date.

All Egyptian 4th generation aircraft are BVR capable, Egypt's only limitation is that it doesn't have the AIM-120 AMRAAM on the F-16s and so must rely on the AIM-7 variants for medium to long range engagements (The AIM-7 being a first generation BVR missile). Egypt's M2K's are armed with MICA's for BVR combat.

All Egyptian 4th generation aircraft are BVR capable, Egypt's only limitation is that it doesn't have the AIM-120 AMRAAM on the F-16s and so must rely on the AIM-7 variants for medium to long range engagements (The AIM-7 being a first generation BVR missile). Egypt's M2K's are armed with MICA's for BVR combat.

AIM-7s are outdated which means EAF relies on MICA way too much.

Any orders for AIM-120s?

Back
Top Bottom