What's new

Is PAF ranked top among all Muslim Countries Airforces Now?

Boss ranking one just based upon there aircrafts is just not it. It is a mixture of things. Judging just based upon that doesn't make it the best af in the muslim world or int he world ! few examples > Pilot traning, Tactics, readyness at moments time in war or peace time & saftey in the air and on the ground and many more then come the aircrafts offcourse. TAF is forusure a awsome force but i will rank it below PAF our three words speak for them selves in the world ! ;):pakistan:

well i would love to believe that PAF with the planes we currently fly are superior to TuAF. What makes them any less trained, lacking behind tactically or not as ready as us ... I rate our Pilots amongst the top in the world not only muslim world because of their training and fearlessness but we should consider the planes the technology we have. :pakistan:

well i would love to believe that PAF with the planes we currently fly are superior to TuAF. What makes them any less trained, lacking behind tactically or not as ready as us ... I rate our Pilots amongst the top in the world not only muslim world because of their training and fearlessness but we should consider the planes the technology we have. :pakistan:

I never said PAF is superior to to Tuaf or to anyone else! i was responding to the comment ... in the sense reailty which speaks for it self some will agree and some won't which is fair enough for me boss! furthermore, the post that i responded to is exactly about the planes the Tuaf have make them better then us or better rated i responded to that plzz read it again.. counting on planes doesn't make AF better then the other in this case it was Tuaf & PAF i seem to think and from wat i know we lack in planes but we have a somewat of a gain in Pilot training and much more thats why we are among of the best pilots in the world i don't see Tuaf in there hope you can understand where iam coming ....:what::pakistan:

I never said PAF is superior to to Tuaf or to anyone else! i was responding to the comment ... in the sense reailty which speaks for it self some will agree and some won't which is fair enough for me boss! furthermore, the post that i responded to is exactly about the planes the Tuaf have make them better then us or better rated i responded to that plzz read it again.. counting on planes doesn't make AF better then the other in this case it was Tuaf & PAF i seem to think and from wat i know we lack in planes but we have a somewat of a gain in Pilot training and much more thats why we are among of the best pilots in the world i don't see Tuaf in there hope you can understand where iam coming ....:what::pakistan:

Yes Boss i totally understand where you are coming from... technology has changed drastically in the past few decades and has made the role of pilots minimal with BVR and other air combat innovations. At present because of the huge gap in technology i rated TuAF higher then PAF.:pakistan:

Hi guys let me share something :

I have stayed in Saudia-Arabia for almost three years in an Airbase at Khamis Mashait . Once there was a visit from an Israeli Air Chief . He was amazed to see the Pakistani officers working in the Base[though they were Flight Surgeons] . The base commander who was a Saudi Prince asked the IAF cheif that " Acc to him which Airforce is currently the Best in the World ? "
The IAF Chief replied " Undoubtedly the Israeli Airforce is best in the world but said that PAF can be ranked the second best Airforce in the world and the only one which meets the merit to challenge IAF "

Yes Boss i totally understand where you are coming from... technology has changed drastically in the past few decades and has made the role of pilots minimal with BVR and other air combat innovations. At present because of the huge gap in technology i rated TuAF higher then PAF.:pakistan:

You still don't get it huh haha :lol: ok chalo kush ro watever it is that that makes you happy even if it s belving the comment you left me. :disagree:

I have stayed in Saudia-Arabia for almost three years in an Airbase at Khamis Mashait . Once there was a visit from an Israeli Air Chief . He was amazed to see the Pakistani officers working in the Base[though they were Flight Surgeons] . The base commander who was a Saudi Prince asked the IAF cheif that " Acc to him which Airforce is currently the Best in the World ? "
The IAF Chief replied " Undoubtedly the Israeli Airforce is best in the world but said that PAF can be ranked the second best Airforce in the world and the only one which meets the merit to challenge IAF "

Thankyou another member with some reailty facts plzz share them with our other brother that has other belives and thoughts thx! :cheers::pakistan:

Israeli Air cheif visting an Arab Air base Lol lol " WAT FICTION IS THIS

this is like indian fighter pilots going to Sargodha air base in pakistan.

PAF 2nd best air force in the world " THATS SOME CLAIM" when we look at their fighter fleet

Israel Air chief visiting Saudi-Arabia Airbase ? :rofl:
They don't even have diplomatic relations. Please provide any credible source for the statement.

You still don't get it huh haha ok chalo kush ro watever it is that that makes you happy even if it s belving the comment you left me.

brother I would love to believe that... Just like you I'm also a patriotic Pakistani who loves his AF as much as you do but we should not live in a state of denial.... Comparing PAF with TuAF can still be debated but PAF and Israel Air Force is just absurd.

We are not living in 70's when our pilots use to chase the enemy planes engaging in dog fights and shooting each other with skills in gunnery.... Times have changed ..You are shot down from 150 Km away... without even detecting it on your radar or within the visible range... Anyone who would know about the role of technology in modern warfare would understand what I'm talking about ....

Yes Flight Lieutenant Saif ul azam Shot down an Israeli Super Myster over Jordan and a Mirage over Iraq with his Hunter but that was in 1967.

25+ F-15I ra'am
300+F-16I sufa
two of the most advanced variants of the F-15 and F-16 fighter jets, manufactured specially for Israel according to IAF requirements

I can go into the details like APG-70 radar with terrain mapping capability or the Kaiser holographic head-up display system or Python and AMRAAM but i suppose we don't want to come out of our shell and face the reality....

Schumacher might be the greatest racing driver but he still cant win an F1 race driving a suzuki mehran....

Barrett

A very good analgy about "Schumacher might be the greatest racing driver but he still cant win an F1 race driving a suzuki mehran..."

I too was laughing hysterically wen the poster said I spent 3 years at a saudi air base and an israeli air cheif came and said PAF is 2nd best air force with its vintage mirage 5s from the 1960s and even they came second hand from LIBYA & AUSTRAILIA

Barrett

A very good analgy about "Schumacher might be the greatest racing driver but he still cant win an F1 race driving a suzuki mehran..."

I too was laughing hysterically wen the poster said I spent 3 years at a saudi air base and an israeli air cheif came and said PAF is 2nd best air force with its vintage mirage 5s from the 1960s and even they came second hand from LIBYA & AUSTRAILIA

Yes but having said that our pilots are second to none :)
We will see PAF as a force to reckon with, in the next 5 years with the induction of JF-17 thunders, F-16 block 52 and FC-20.
AMRAAM deal is finally through.
So I'm hopeful but comparison with any modern Air force flying 4th Generation is being over optimistic.:pakistan:

i AGREE TOTALLY

When the F16/52s are upgraded and the MLU carried on other 40+ planes this will defo give more confidence to wat is at present a ill equipped air force.

By the time 2015 comes PAF will have transformed with if not world class certainly good 4th gen fighters like J10/JF17 in nos 100+

PAF will be a major headache for any adversary in 2015

ok lets devise a criteria
here is one
1) Planes Quality
2) Planes Quantity
3) Pilot Skill
4) Operational Performance
5) Outlook
6) Air Defence System.
7) Technical Staff
8) Process Rigor
lets assign weightage and make a quantitative scoreboard (feel free if you want to add value to the process and fields)

Air-defence is the part on which PAF needs to work upon

it's true that recently PAF have acquired the spada-2000 from italy, but certainly more needs to be done

there were talks of acquiring the HQ-9 as well as the HQ-19, but progress has been very slow on that front.

one hopes that the chinese speeds up it's actions on the promises made.:china:

Frankly speaking Saudis arent even worth mentioning in the airforce ranking. I dont like pilots who fight for something they dont even know about.
Saudis pilots dont know whether they are fighting against Islam or for Islam; they dont know whether they are fighting against Saudis interests or for USA interests. Puppet pilots is what I call them!!

Without a notion; without wisdom; warriors resembles a group of bandits!!

Training & Professionalism wise its the best. Other Muslims countries may have very advanced aircraft s & weapons, but professionally they lack compared to PAF, which is the reason that PAF pilots train & are deputed in many of the other Muslim countries AFs.

Past record of PAF is a testament to it.

I agree...but I would say that our closest equivalent is Turkish Air Force.

Taking Muslim countries as a whole, I would say that in terms of training quality, pilot fitness and professionalism, war training, war experience and other aspects -- PAF and THK are on par.

Egyptian Air Force is also very respectable.

I won't include Persian Gulf Air Forces, because none of them are battle proven and in the event of war, I doubt that they would be the ones engaging in the combat; it would probably be Americans.

Twenty years ago, the answer to the question would have probably been the Iraq Air Force. They were creme de la crop. But sanctions embargos and wars destroyed Iraq and its Armed Forces.

Back
Top Bottom