What's new

Is PAF ranked top among all Muslim Countries Airforces Now?

Not directly related to the topic but
1. Two french fighters in September 09
2. Many Indian fighters in the whole year (App. more than 78)
3. Two Poland fighters in August 09
4. And many more

are crashed down during training. But we don't have any news regarding PAF.

Not directly related to the topic but
1. Two french fighters in September 09
2. Many Indian fighters in the whole year (App. more than 78)
3. Two Poland fighters in August 09
4. And many more

are crashed down during training. But we don't have any news regarding PAF.
I think we also had crashes in this year.

Please post some details......
Regards

KANDIYAN: A plane of Pakistan Air Force crashed on a rooftop of a house in Moosa Wali area of Piplan, killing one woman, injuring at least six people, the sources said Friday.

Relief teams have been sent to the mishap site.

According to a foreign news agency, a PAF plane Chinese-built FT-7 fighter jet FT-7, during a routine operational training mission, crashed near Piplan area of Mianwali.

The plane fell on a house and at least six people including Yasin, Zainab, Nazia and Samina were injured in the accident. The injured have been shifted to District Headquarters MianWali, where Zainab Bibi succumb to injuries.

An air force spokesman said both pilots—Kamran and Musharraf-- ejected safely and that an inquiry had been ordered to investigate the cause of the crash.

Pakistan's air force has a fleet of Chinese aircraft, including F-7PGs and A-5s, US-built F-16s and French Mirages. It recently acquired medium-tech JF-17 or Thunder jets, manufactured jointly by China and Pakistan.

The plane crash damaged at least six houses.

Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif expressed grief over the incident and directed the related departments to help the affected families
PAF plane crash kill one in Mianwali
F-16 aircraft of Pakistan Air Force was crashed in Khoshab in which the pilot was also martyred. The aircraft went down in Moza Awanwala in the vicinity of Khoshab, preliminary reports said. PAF F-16 was on a routine flight when it was crashed and the pilot of the aircraft was also killed in the crash.
PAF F-16 crashes in Khoshab | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online
Pilot, cadet die in PAF crash.ISLAMABAD (AFP) - A Pakistan Air Force plane crashed during a training flight Thursday, killing the pilot and a cadet, the military said.The Mushak trainer aircraft came down at Tala Gang, a town northwest of Islamabad after developing a technical fault.“The Mushak trainer aircraft was on a routine training mission when it crashed in Tala Gang town,” killing the pilot and cadet, the Air Force said. There was no loss of civilian life and no damage to property on the ground.
An inquiry has been ordered into the crash, the military said.
Pakistan Air Force has a fleet of French-built Mirages, F-16s from the US and a large number of Chinese-built fighters.
Pilot, cadet die in PAF crash | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online
:what::what::what::what:

I think ranking should be as follows considering the no. of hi tech aircrafts as well as manpower strength:
1) Turkey
2) Saudi Arabia
3) Egypt
4)Pakistan
5) UAE

I think ranking should be as follows considering the no. of hi tech aircrafts as well as manpower strength:
1) Turkey
2) Saudi Arabia
3) Egypt
4)Pakistan
5) UAE

can i know why have you put UAE at 5th and Egypt at 3rd?

For the crashes we have a separate thread so please look it up, machines do fail and all pilots can make errors in certain conditions both physical, mental and environmental.

Regarding the Arab Airforces, Saudi Airforce is quite good and not as toothless as some of you are assuming, plus let us appreciate the fact that our Arab brothers let us fly the latest machines and that is a great thing to have in such sanctioned mode we operate in.
Believe me, all this helps us keep a sharp outfit despite our aging fleet of aircraft which is undergoing slow modernization...
Turkey is very good and their viper fleet has excellent flying hours and due to ample spares and production they fly a lot more than us...

In brief the PAF is exceptional when we consider the restrictions under which it has operated and still maintained a highly trained and motivated force...still we need the modern jets and we need them now...no one can deny that you need certain parity in the technological capability to make the pilot skill come into play...

Can somebody please explain the independeant source confirming PAF is the best trained or even close to the best trained air force with great pilot skill.

How have we come to this conclusion. ????

The reason i,am asking is as follows.

90% of the PAF is considered 2nd generation or at best early 3rd generation fighters with no modern concept of bvr up until this years induction of Thunder. No awacs no advanced sam system and no real exposure to western style training and resources etc on a regular basis.

The last major war in the sub continent where PAF could have show cased its skills was in 1999. The enemy flew over 500 sorties bombing the pakistani NLI regiment in the kargil hills. No attempt was made to help their ground troops.

Somebody mentioned pilot training by pakistani. I assume this means basic flying skills not learning to fly F15 or Typhoon etc because PAF pilots have very little exposure to this.

1) Turkey
2) Saudi Arabia
3) Egypt
4)Pakistan
5) UAE

Malaysia ?

F18D

Su-30MKM

Mig-29N

turkey is better than PAF .so i think PAF is 2.(in Aircrafts view)..PAF is better than saudi arab and egypt...PAF participated in 6 to 7 wars where as any other muslim country perhaps not..

Just comparing what PAF has now, they are doing enough obviously they cannot do wonders with the present resources, one thing is " Professionalism" coupled with the skill and training makes us a very best Airforce. But the question here arises " best in what contest"??
1) Are we talking about the technology?
2) Quantity
3) Quality
4) Professionalism+Skill+Training

I mean its very difficult for anybody to compare F7 which is locked almost from50 km by any latest aircraft. You have to be fair and play on equal terms. Just to quote here in 1978 PAF and USA had a exercise called "Shahbaz" and in that PAF Mirages and F6s did some wonders.

I would say PAF is professionally skilled Airforce with the resources it has now and I would say after 10-15 years we have more technological advances.

a title like this.. asks a lot of questions. Why are you comparing yourselves with muslim nations? Is there a competition between the lot of you? Is there an impending war or anything like that? It would make sense, if the question was like "Is PAF top in South Asia"
But no... the question is restricted to muslim nations!!! Why have you narrowed down your scope of competition? does that make winning easier? Arent you all supposed to be brothers.. Thread has a lot of useful reply from senior members and think tanks.. But how every body missed this point is beyond me

PAF has great professionalism and their skills are very high.

Plz clarify how PAF is more professional than say Saudi Turkey Eygpt or UAE and any other Arab/mulslim air force like Libya or Algeria etc.

How are you measuring professionalim or skil

Like i said your priniciple opponent bombed hundreds of your NLI soldiers from the air using jaguars and mirages PAF made no effort to support them besieged troops.

a title like this.. asks a lot of questions. Why are you comparing yourselves with muslim nations? Is there a competition between the lot of you? Is there an impending war or anything like that? It would make sense, if the question was like "Is PAF top in South Asia"
But no... the question is restricted to muslim nations!!! Why have you narrowed down your scope of competition? does that make winning easier? Arent you all supposed to be brothers.. Thread has a lot of useful reply from senior members and think tanks.. But how every body missed this point is beyond me

SIR YOU ARE A TRUE BHANGEE WITH NO SELF RESPECT AND SENSE...:woot:

Back
Top Bottom