What's new

Is Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan better than Lata Mangeshkar?

I am a big fan of NFAK.Apart from being a great singer,he was also a great composer and lyricist.Lata Mangeshkar is good singer but is she as good as NFAK was?

I never felt the spiritual high while listening to Lata but I feel it when I hear NFAK.

Respected members,waiting for your opinion please.
Both were great, and to be honest, I hate to compare them.

No contest, Nusrat was musical genius who crossed genres and was held in awe by Western artists. His musics graced Hollywood soundtracks.

I am a big fan of NFAK.Apart from being a great singer,he was also a great composer and lyricist.Lata Mangeshkar is good singer but is she as good as NFAK was?

I never felt the spiritual high while listening to Lata but I feel it when I hear NFAK.

Lol, there is no comparison
You cant compare ustad shab with anyone

Just look at the international following ustad got

That is one of the most stupid question i have seen. Lata wasn't even a singer,period.

No I was asking why you cannot compare. I liked NFAK better.

I could not for the life of me, enjoy Lata's voice. i know it's blasphemy. But i could not.
it is no blasphemy. Any one who knows bit of music and what singing is all about, cannot enjoy flat singers like Lata. They try to melody their voice, by softening it to the point of sickening for me.
Someone said Jagjit. Are you high on someat my friend!!

Ladies and gentlemen this is a pointless thread. They both are on record for having utmost respect for each other. They both sung different genre of music. This in my opinion is a pointless. Thread designed to create strife

@moderators please close this pointless thread

K

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan had WAY more international recognition, while the other singer although a legend in her own right
Wasn't exactly as famous outside SC

The range Nusrat had no one comes close both in Pakistan and India. Even his own nephew Rahat sings Nusrat songs you just want to tell him to stop. Nusrat voice naturally was too good.

Nusrath fateh ali khan didnt even born when lata mangeshkar already started playback singing she served playback singing for 70yrs more than the age of NFAK there is no comparison of lata mangeshkar and mohd rafi with anyone even NFAK can’t imagine comparing him with lata mangeshkar

Respected members,waiting for your opinion please

Back
Top Bottom