What's new

Is Non Alcoholic Malt sold in Pakistan halal?

I've been told beer is an acquired taste...

I was once in a pub, just accompanying a friend, and once in five feet range of some empty bottles. My head reeled in presence of the beer fumes, even from those empty bottles. I wonder how people drink such a thing.

Last edited:
Non-Alcoholic Malt is available readily all over Pakistan in retail stores, namely from companies like Murree Brewery and Holsten (the one sold in Saudi Arabia). I was recently confronted with a request to try the Holsten Black Grape, to which I complied, but now after doing research I've found conflicting opinions on it. Murree Brewery's malt is certified halal:
The Holsten sold in Pakistan is the same Holsten sold in Saudi Arabia openly in supermarkets, and alcohol consumption is banned in Saudi Arabia for everyone, so it is probably halal as well. This is a major issue as we might be seeing many Pakistanis being given alcohol in the name of something halal.

Does anybody here know about this and help me with it?
All malts contain alcohol, which may be in very little quantity, but there is almost always alcohol present.

I was once in a pub, just accompanying a friend, and once in five feet range of some empty bottles. My head reeled in presence of the beer fumes, even from those empty bottles. I wonder how people drink such a thing.
That's called the starting line jamahir.

Back
Top Bottom