What's new

Is Non Alcoholic Malt sold in Pakistan halal?

Neurath

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Non-Alcoholic Malt is available readily all over Pakistan in retail stores, namely from companies like Murree Brewery and Holsten (the one sold in Saudi Arabia). I was recently confronted with a request to try the Holsten Black Grape, to which I complied, but now after doing research I've found conflicting opinions on it. Murree Brewery's malt is certified halal:
The Holsten sold in Pakistan is the same Holsten sold in Saudi Arabia openly in supermarkets, and alcohol consumption is banned in Saudi Arabia for everyone, so it is probably halal as well. This is a major issue as we might be seeing many Pakistanis being given alcohol in the name of something halal.

Does anybody here know about this and help me with it?

It's quite simple. Alcohol is banned in Islam. If a drink has no alcohol then it is halal.

In the West they sometimes have beer with 0.5% alcohol which they can legally call non-alcoholic. Normal beer has 5% alcohol. So, you have to drink 10 bottles of 0.5% beer to get the same buzz as one normal bottle. From the Islamic perspective 0.5% beer is controversial. Some can say that you'll never get drunk with it, so it is okay. Some will say that it is haram because it has a tiny amount of alcohol.

But beer with zero percent (0.0%) alcohol is obviously halal.

Examples.

Beer with 0.5% alcohol by volume (ABV)

469769.jpg

Beer with 0.0% alcohol by volume (ABV)

budweiser-zero.jpg

It's quite simple. Alcohol is banned in Islam. If a drink has no alcohol then it is halal.

In the West they sometimes have beer with 0.5% alcohol which they can legally call non-alcoholic. Normal beer has 5% alcohol. So, you have to drink 10 bottles of 0.5% beer to get the same buzz as one normal bottle. From the Islamic perspective 0.5% beer is controversial. Some can say that you'll never get drunk with it, so it is okay. Some will say that it is haram because it has a tiny amount of alcohol.

But beer with zero percent (0.0%) alcohol is obviously halal.

Examples.

Beer with 0.5% alcohol by volume (ABV)

View attachment 778776

Beer with 0.0% alcohol by volume (ABV)

View attachment 778778
It's only non-alcholic malt beverage which is basically malt flavoured fizzy water. It's not beer, never has been beer, and the European legislation forbids it from being called beer, it's not allowed even to be called alcohol free beer, because it's not beer, hence it being called non-alcholic malt beverage.

Non-alcoholic malt beverage is just fizzy water with malt flavouring in, to make it taste vaguely like beer.

yes mostly came from gulf and egypt too
buy online as much as you need here

Murre brewery has some. But they add sugar. i am not sure even it is a beer. It is called 'lemon barely'

Non-Alcoholic Malt is available readily all over Pakistan in retail stores, namely from companies like Murree Brewery and Holsten (the one sold in Saudi Arabia). I was recently confronted with a request to try the Holsten Black Grape, to which I complied, but now after doing research I've found conflicting opinions on it. Murree Brewery's malt is certified halal:
The Holsten sold in Pakistan is the same Holsten sold in Saudi Arabia openly in supermarkets, and alcohol consumption is banned in Saudi Arabia for everyone, so it is probably halal as well. This is a major issue as we might be seeing many Pakistanis being given alcohol in the name of something halal.

Does anybody here know about this and help me with it?

Malt and non-alcoholic cider is not Haram, intoxicating liquor is Haram. Murree Brewery malt's and non-alcoholic ciders are sold in all the major groceries stores, general stores, markets and restaurants.

But both are sweet as honey?

Lemon Barley is more in the Juice drink category. They also offer their fruit drink in Mango and Lychee flavor. So naturally they taste as sweet as honey.

Malt line is completely different. Could be non alcoholic and flavored Beer or close to it. Can't compare the two(Malt and Beer) coz I haven't tried an actual Beer.

Yupe halal.. Drink em almost everyday 🍻😊
yes mostly came from gulf and egypt too
buy online as much as you need here
Have you tried the non alcoholic malt sold by Holsten, is it halal?
Malt and non-alcoholic cider is not Haram, intoxicating liquor is Haram. Murree Brewery malt's and non-alcoholic ciders are sold in all the major groceries stores, general stores, markets and restaurants.
Okay, but can you clarify on Holsten non-alcoholic malt. They are also available all over the place, but are they really halal? Thanks.

View attachment 778786
Have you tried the non alcoholic malt sold by Holsten, is it halal?

Okay, but can you clarify on Holsten non-alcoholic malt. They are also available all over the place, but are they really halal? Thanks.
yes sir its good and halal they sale it in saudi arabia since last 40 years google it please .

Is crow's beak halal or haram? . We are still in the same times.

Dude what world are you living in ? Not denying that even a tiny % of alcohol would still be considered a tiny % of filth but our whole economic structure is based on ribba . Which means we as a nation are being fed with the blood and bones of the down trodden , a literal economic strangulation of the poor is going on in full swing, and the shameful thing is we also cheerlead for the hyenas orchestrating it.

If this ain't a politically correct form of cannibalism then what is it ? @Great Janjua @jamahir

Back
Top Bottom