What's new

Is Mahendra Rajapaksha a Hindu or a Buddhist ?

It does. Look next door. There is a huge Hindu neighbor. It is knocking on its neighbor's doors (except for that pesky neighbor to the west off course) demanding their allegiance.It is demanding that its citizens identify themselves as the "sons or daughters of Lord Ram". If he doesn't behave the part, who knows? Tamil Tigers of Elam Part 2 ? :D
I thought they were sons of Raavan:devil:

It does. Look next door. There is a huge Hindu neighbor. It is knocking on its neighbor's doors (except for that pesky neighbor to the west off course) demanding their allegiance.It is demanding that its citizens identify themselves as the "sons or daughters of Lord Ram". If he doesn't behave the part, who knows? Tamil Tigers of Elam Part 2 ? :D

You earned your sickular biscuits today. Good job warning people of the big bad Hindu wolf.

I dont see it as an issue.. Most Buddhists and Hindu's coexist.. But agree with others about politicization of religion.. This man is a ace at it.. Manipulating people of different faiths against each other for political motives

@ShreddeR .. I just noticed.. When did Mahinda become Mahendra Rajapaksa ?? In any case bro there are more pertinent points to discuss than him visiting a Hindu temple.. Dont drag religious debate on a non issue.. We already have dozens of Hindu vs Muslim threads on here for that

That is only the base. But he is clearly going away from the Buddhism day by day.

We don't mind whatever his religion is. But it is a sin to deceive people furthermore.
Don't you see, he is using public money for the family tours. Isn't it sad?
I beg you please dont create an issue out of a non issue. One can criticise him for many different reasons, not this.

Does it really matter what religion he practices?
No it doesnt. Majority of buddhists in SL visit hindu temples so this is a normality

AS far as i know MR has been a Hindu even before he becomes a big personality. Had seen his photos in some hindu temples sittling on a scale with pineapples on the other side. :)

I dont see it as an issue.. Most Buddhists and Hindu's coexist.. But agree with others about politicization of religion.. This man is a ace at it.. Manipulating people of different faiths against each other for political motives
He is a Buddhist only for the name and the votes.
He doesn't mind advice of Mahanayaka Theros even for 5 cents.
Buddhist principles don't apply for him anymore rather going away from them.
It is not that difficult to understand his afraidness of the defeat from this incident.

Even Ranil goes to Thirupathi. Why this fuss. After all MR is entitle to use public money AFAIK. We pay him as long as he stays in power.
Good point...will you say the same if Ranil goes to an Anglican church...just wondered

I beg you please dont create an issue out of a non issue. One can criticise him for many different reasons, not this.
I really doubt, is it him the true Buddhist leader (as per BBS).
But, at least we should criticize him for wasting public money.

No it doesnt. Majority of buddhists in SL visit hindu temples so this is a normality

AS far as i know MR has been a Hindu even before he becomes a big personality. Had seen his photos in some hindu temples sittling on a scale with pineapples on the other side. :)

Oh please, you should not disclose such information. We have very sensitive Bengali folks here who would start getting loose motions. @PlanetWarrior would go to to mecca every single year of his life to repent for the sins of Hindus back in India and Sri Lanka.

Oh please, you should not disclose such information. We have very sensitive Bengali folks here who would start getting loose motions. @PlanetWarrior would go to to mecca every single year of his life to repent for the sins of Hindus back in India and Sri Lanka.

And what makes you think that I haven't started those pilgrimages to repent for the sins of the Hindutvas in India?

PS. I also ask the Almighty to forgive you and to wash away those sinful thoughts which you have about Muslims and Christians when I do those pilgrimages

I though the crap ton amount of "hindus" he killed over the years has solidify his Buddhist, Sinhalese reputation?

Back
Top Bottom