What's new

Is LCA Programme finally dead?

China plaaf can barely deploy 200 fighters in himlayers they have to defend the South China Sea Japan and Russian borders. they have 400 j10 not 600

paf is mostly junk other than 18 block 52.
it's low end budget Force dated f16 obselet mirages and the new pl15 x 50 planes are 4 years away

India has 5 awacs you forget the indengious awacs not just phalcon

we have much bigger radars better same and far more resources to beat you to a pulp if needed. you won't last 7 days your poor nation

Feb 27th....

With half the frame, electronics and missiles coming over from China, integration is not really an hard job.
But yes, LCA programme this year have been an disappointment. Most of the modules are manufactured by private sub contractor across the breadth of the country. Without them , HAL can't integrate anything sadly.

LCA Flying Rickshaw is only 37% indigenous. Rest is imported from every corner of the planet.

1971 enough said
1984 saichen
1999 kargil

do I need to go on

and yours don't grow on pak trees
the mirages are free from all over the world
f16 grant aided
thunders,budget chinease export
So I read somewhere HAL made 4 tejas this year is it true? Supapowa 2020 made less fighter aircraft than 3rd world Pakistan how ? Is it a sagish of ISI ?

OmG this thread :pop:

India has 5 awacs you forget the indengious awacs not just phalcon

we have much bigger radars

How much bigger and how much better are they, is it of any significant degree? How useful will they be in terms of A2A when Pakistan is significantly one step ahead in BVR reach?

Last edited:
1971 enough said
1984 Siachen
1999 kargil

do I need to go on

and yours don't grow on pak trees
the mirages are free from all over the world
f16 grant aided
thunders,budget chinease export

you are talking to a person whose name does not exists in real world, but only on pdf.

and can you believe there is another thread in IDF congratulating Tejas on 20th anniversary... i mean come on.... two threads completely opposite thought but same people will comment on both threads relentlessly...

just sit back and enjoy all the worthless discussion.... i always do.

i'll give it to the name though @Pakistan Space Agency .... hahaha

i'll give it to the name though @Pakistan Space Agency .... hahaha
Hindu Extremist PM Narendra Modi did not think these were worthless on 27th February 2019 and chickened out. Bloody cowards.

1a7bbbdadfb7b9834178a33cdc6b8839.jpg

space agency ..... dont derail the thread, this is not about your missiles......

Yes, lets get back on topic.

Total number of LCAs produced in last 5 years? 22

Now 20 years since first flight.

No fighter programme on earth has such a bad record.

OmG this thread :pop:

How much bigger and how much better are they, is it of any significant degree? How useful will they be in terms of A2A when Pakistan is significantly one step ahead in BVR reach?

meteore
mica
Derby

it takes 15 years to build s fighter on average
so manufacturing starts year 16 at snails pace until second third production line starts .
once lca mark 1a signed production will.grow from.5 or 6 a year to 15 quickly .

China has delivered 130 thunders in 11 years,

that's barely 12 a year

your block 3vwill be 50 over 4 years,.

so no biggy our side

we still inducting
25 more Rafale
21 mig29up
12 su30mki over next 24 months anyway

and another 18 lca tejas,mark 1

that's,70 new fighters in 2 years only

Tejas Mark 1 (IOC standard) - 16 + 4 trainer
Tejas Mark 1 (FOC standard) - 16 + 4 trainer
Squadrons
No. 45 Squadron (Flying Daggers)
No. 18 Squadron (Flying Bullets)

Future development
Medium Weight Fighter (MWF)
Twin-engine Deck based Fighter (TEDBF)
Omni Role Combat Aircraft (ORCA)

i wont go in to the good or the bad and unnecessary spend your and my time on that... it has accident free record to date shows the way aircraft performed... good for pilot and the aircraft.

meteore
mica
Derby

it takes 15 years to build s fighter on average
so manufacturing starts year 16 at snails pace until second third production line starts .
once lca mark 1a signed production will.grow from.5 or 6 a year to 15 quickly .

China has delivered 130 thunders in 11 years,

that's barely 12 a year

your block 3vwill be 50 over 4 years,.

so no biggy our side

we still inducting
25 more Rafale
21 mig29up
12 su30mki over next 24 months anyway

and another 18 lca tejas,mark 1

that's,70 new fighters in 2 years only

This is LCA thread, stick to LCA discussion, no need to highlight how good Russians and French are at making jets! :-)

JF-17 production started in 2007. Numbers are now 135 for PAF, 16 for Myanmar and 3 for Nigeria. Basically 12 a year. in 2020 14 for PAF and 3 for Nigeria were produced. That is 17 aircraft last year.

Please do not even compare. LCA MK1A signature not signed, more importantly contract for GE 414 engines not signed. Even if (big if) you sign for this year, first MK1A will not fly till 2022.

Programme is now dead.
Tejas Mark 1 (IOC standard) - 16 + 4 trainer
Tejas Mark 1 (FOC standard) - 16 + 4 trainer
Squadrons
No. 45 Squadron (Flying Daggers)
No. 18 Squadron (Flying Bullets)

Future development
Medium Weight Fighter (MWF)
Twin-engine Deck based Fighter (TEDBF)
Omni Role Combat Aircraft (ORCA)

i wont go in to the good or the bad and unnecessary spend your and my time on that... it has accident free record to date shows the way aircraft performed... good for pilot and the aircraft.

Everything is "future this, future that", talk about Dead Duck LCA programme, not Dead Duck future programmes.

How can you have 20 FOC LCAs when it flew for the first time this year and HAL only produced 6 planes!? You are counting planes that you hope will be produced in future and comparing them to JF-17s that are......real.......as in actually exist.

This is LCA thread, stick to LCA discussion, no need to highlight how good Russians and French are at making jets! :-)

JF-17 production started in 2007. Numbers are now 135 for PAF, 16 for Myanmar and 3 for Nigeria. Basically 12 a year. in 2020 14 for PAF and 3 for Nigeria were produced. That is 17 aircraft last year.

programme is now dead.

How can you have 20 FOC LCAs when it flew for the first time this year and HAL only produced 6 planes!? You are counting planes that you hope will be produced in future and comparing them to JF-17s that are......real.......as in actually exist.

You have 135 JF17 that are next to useless in real combat

Ie no HMS or off boresight missle = dead in a dogfight versis Tejas mig29 mirage or mki all equipped with this

No full quadruplex fbw just single axis only inferior flight control = trying cut cornors

smoking maintenance intensive RD93 engines

only chinese weapons no divirsity with european american or isreali top notch weapons

In simple terms just ike PLAAF the JF17 would be deemed not even adequate as a MIG21 replacement FOR INDIAN AIR FORCE.

Yes your mark 3 improves these weaknesss ......... number 50 and will take 5 years to arrive

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom