What's new

Is Karachi not a part of Sindh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh humaray higher authority hain inhe batane do sab kuch. Yeh alag baat hai ke Karachi mein rehte nahi hain but he has more knowledge to school us who have lived in Karachi for generations.

CSS is totally the only method for government subscription. There is no such thing as below grade 17 recruitment which depends on PSP wherr political patronage works. There are certainly no other goverment institutions like Sui gas, KESC and SWB where Muhajirs are deprived of jobs. There are no goverment education quotas or scholarships in which Muhajirs are deprived. There are no goverment tenders in which Muhajir businessmen are overlooked in favor of Sindhis. Muhajir importers don't have to pay extra at customs because sifarish works in virtually every Sindh department.

Nahi nahi in ko sab pata hai. Who even lets such patronising biased people become mods?

Well said.

People living outside of Karachi have no idea how bad things are here.

- You cant go to police if you are victim of a crime.
- Got your house encroached by thugs? No chance of getting it back unless you are a big hotshot
- K-Electric sending tens of thousands rupees of bills. Overcharging is small word for it.
- Transport, trash collection, water, health care...list goes on and on

A freaking building collapsed in Karachi for the 2nd time.

So a guy here stating that out of 22 million people there are no educated candidates who could pass CSS in Karachi? Are you kidding me?

Karachiites gets barely any chance in civil service. You have better chances if you get a rural sindh domicile. One of my relatives done CSS using this way.

-- More than half of population of Karachi suffers from some type of mental illness.. There's noise, pollution, sindh govt officials making excuses asking for bribe for trivial tasks.

Even then people have audacity to blame Karachiites for problems here.

Look we are not racist, we happily accept people from other areas. There is a reason Karachi is most diverse city in Pakistan.

Educated people--regardless of ethnicity or skin color--all over the world make a better world wherever they migrate to. And so were the people who migrated from the pre-partition British India to the modern Pakistan. These people were far more educated and urbane than the inhabitants of land they migrated to. Their contributions are well recognized by TV personalities like Haroon Rashid and Hassan Nisar.

It was not only education--but also a more liberal value system. Women, who are still very much uninvolved (to say that mildly) in large parts of Pakistan were more involved in public life in the Urdu Speaking people. Why should a society progress without utilizing half of its brainpower which the women bring?? Add to that the zeal and the fresh blood immigrants bring to the new lands--and not just in Pakistan--contributed to the success of the Urdu Speakers in a very tribal, rural, and feudal society. And it is only in last 2-3 decades that even Punjab is shaking off feudalism. The Punjab people and the Urdu Speakers are the most enlightened, liberal of all Pakistanis to this day, on the whole. I know I am making a controversial, sweeping remark here. So be it!

But I also want to be clear on one thing: All that had absolutely NOTHING to do with ethnicity. It never is. But the social milieu where we all come from. It's probably the same reason an urban American from, say, NYC will likely to start a successful enterprise in Macon, GA versus otherwise. Opportunities given and availed.

The solution: Sindh should be divided! Haroon Rashid makes this case. He says that there are no native or original inhabitants anywhere in the world. Not in Sindh either, according to him. Geography has been changed by human beings time and again. According to him, the Urdu Speaker of Karachi is frustrated by the Jageerdar of interior Sindh stealing money from Karachi.

Should this be done? Why not? I'd make make provinces out of every Division in Pakistan. A Karachi Province!

Kya baat kar rahay ho yaar? Pak Afghan bhai bhai. We are natural brothers. Those fish eating Hindu-ized Bengalis were weaklings, thank god we got rid of them. And as are the Indian imports from UP-Bihar. Our true calling is with the ghazi Afghanis.

I wish that our state would have brought back our biharis and settled in my place pindi. I have learned Quran from our muhajir neighbor, she was called daddu by all neighborhood. May her soul rest in peace.

Don't worry I am right where I want this argument to be, to show the hypocrisy of Pakistani sons of soils like you :D and your desperation is clearly visible from your upset attitude that I really hit some nerves

Sure. Why not?

As for comparing both in a manner of asking for Rights as citizen, Kashmir to a large degree was given a Autonomous status by the Govt, your argument is null and void ..

That's a nonsensical statement masquerading as an argument. The autonomy afforded to the regions under the former princely state of Kashmir was given on both sides of the LOC under UN requirements exactly because those regions are officially and internationally considered under dispute and not under the sovereignty of any state, which is exactly why their right to bare arms in pursuit of their rights against their oppressors is legal. You were comparing both in a manner of justifying military force to accomplish aims. No citizen of Pakistan has any such right. You shot yourself in the foot their, bud.

You wanted to be "right where" everyone could see that you are a self-serving ethno-nationalist who would betray your oppressed countrymen to serve your own two-bit agenda? To each his own, I guess.

Again you miss the point or either you dont want to see it , MQM is not Urdu speaking people who are asking for their rights, MQM is only a byproduct of years of stolen rights and oppression by the Pashtoons and Sindhi , which to your information Army created ( MQM ) .

So? Does any of that absolve MQM of what they did? Or absolve Karachi the responsibility of electing them after knowing what they do for years?

As for you bringing PTM into this I see you are desperate not me cause the discussion is about Karachi wale and their rights, its you like a monkey jumping from MQM to PTM not me ..

Aha, sure I am. PTM was mentioned to show your hypocrisy. You use different standards for judging the crimes committed by a terrorist outfit belonging to Karachi than the ones you afford a terrorist outfit from another part of Pakistan committing the exact same crimes under the exact same pretence. You're a hypocrite.

hahahahaha i come across many like you on this very forum, we can't be Urdu speaking hater because we have a Family member or a friend hahaha thanks for giving me a chuckle :)

Another empty one-liner not even remotely related to anything anyone has said on this thread, let alone myself? Sure.

Says the person who have no idea about the topic is about deprived Karachi wale asking for funds and projects haha

It is more sad to see that people like you somehow turn a legitimate demand of people of a city that holds every ethnicity into a MQM topic , I don't if i should laugh at you or just face palm myself ..if educated people like you ( which I assume you are ) thinks like that I can't imagine the common folk of Interior Sindh , Punjab and Pashtoon from tribal areas .

Apparently, you have trouble following the discussion and what is being said. You should read through what I've stated about those legitimate demands after you reread the post you have quoted.

Sindhi and Pathans started killing and oppression in Karachi which is the main topic, stop embarrassing yourself like every other mod on PDF .MQM started as a Organization to fight for the rights of Urdu speaking people backed fully by the army and Agencies it was than when they go out to destroy something they can't control MQM was corners by the fake stuff like Jinnah pur and other BS that leads to massacre after Massacre , as i said you are clueless about the Karachi and its ground realities, don't poke your leg into things you are ignorant of ..

So the exact same claims and excuses as by PTM to justify their terrorism?

You exposed nothing but your own lack of knowledge on the topic of Karachi, your idiocy is shown by the fact the topic is about Karachi that has been deprived from their legitimate right to have funds and infrastructure to a thread of MQM . You are ignorant and funny at the same time :)

You didn't read the post I was replying to, did you? Idiocy is a strong word thrown by one who cannot follow a very linear discussion.

where is the hypocrisy , when did you mentioned that ? aby bhai ki drugs warugs li hui hai ? hahaah

See what I mean?

Oh so now you come out of your closet so anyone who elected PPPP or MQM is somehow a Terrorist or killer to,

Did I say anything about the people who elected them? You asked if I'd criticise the non-MQM culprits in the same light and I did. Now you try contorting it into something else again. Won't work.

hmmm let me think who also came with that absurd Logic , the member like Pukhtoon Yum a Pashtoon racist who got banned hahaha MQM was elected by Karachi people and if you think they are criminals or traitors to do so than whole of Pakistan is, PPP comes into federal govt and our Generals supports them while they were doing things like Memo gate and other things, than comes your Jaag Punjabi Jaag who employee Indian RAW agents in his Factories in Punjab and holds secret meeting with Jindal at Muree so with that logic all of those who elected PMLN are also gangs , traitors and terrorists too ? hahaha you are funny guy :D

I take it you'll cry when PTM is brought in to show your hypocrisy but "whatabouting" around everyone else is kosher? That's hypocrisy squared.

Regardless, anyone anywhere in Pakistan who kept and keeps voting for MQM, PMLN, PPP, ANP, JUI or any other party after knowing fully what they had done and would continue to do is a self serving fool. Anyone who directly enabled and allowed anyone, including Generals, to exact their treacherous designs against this country is a treasonous snake as well. You thought everyone has self-serving, witlessly ethnic political allegiances like you?

Nobody is playing Victim Idiot,

You will learn your place and remain within it from here onward.

Your quality is already obvious, no need to display it on a public forum. It's not much.

urdu mai likhun tu samjho gay ?

Heh....Doubt your Urdu skills are any better. Had to use a magic 8 ball a fair few times to figure out what you had typed.

Yes it did indeed, even after the MQM sage, Urdu speaking people still are the most civilized and educated class of Pakistani's , yes they have their issues and communities which are not but majority are far far more civilized than rest of the Pakistan , and for the same reason every other ethnicity fight to marry their daughters and sisters to marry Urdu speaking boys from Karachi .. you think we don't know or we are blind ? haha we live in Karachi dude, where all ethnicity lives and thrives but the blames goes to only one ..

Sure.

I can see you are uncomfortable at your own

Sure.

I am proud of my ethnicity and thank god I am born into a Urdu speaking family :)

Glad you clarified that. Here I thought you were an insecure deadbeat using ethno-nationalism and false grandiose claims to curb your insecurities in an effort to live with yourself.

Don't worry you can still come to Karachi , there are good Families you can marry into :)

I'm flattered, but no thank you. You'll have to find someone else for them.

by explain you mean Embarrass yourself ?

You mean Already Embarrass ..

Impressive come back. Would have totally destroyed my 5 year old nephew.

You started off your post with enough pomp and hot air that I got excited. A little disappointed that it was nothing more than infantile attempts at flamebait, nonsensical one-liners, transparent attempts at claiming more than what you are, and a complete lack of understanding of what was being discussed.

I'm sure you'd understand that I can't be expected to entertain posts of such quality again? Please read through the discussion before you post again and only respond to what is being said.

Last edited:
Educated people--regardless of ethnicity or skin color--all over the world make a better world wherever they migrate to. And so were the people who migrated from the pre-partition British India to the modern Pakistan. These people were far more educated and urbane than the inhabitants of land they migrated to. Their contributions are well recognized by TV personalities like Haroon Rashid and Hassan Nisar.

It was not only education--but also a more liberal value system. Women, who are still very much uninvolved (to say that mildly) in large parts of Pakistan were more involved in public life in the Urdu Speaking people. Why should a society progress without utilizing half of its brainpower which the women bring?? Add to that the zeal and the fresh blood immigrants bring to the new lands--and not just in Pakistan--contributed to the success of the Urdu Speakers in a very tribal, rural, and feudal society. And it is only in last 2-3 decades that even Punjab is shaking off feudalism. The Punjab people and the Urdu Speakers are the most enlightened, liberal of all Pakistanis to this day, on the whole. I know I am making a controversial, sweeping remark here. So be it!

But I also want to be clear on one thing: All that had absolutely NOTHING to do with ethnicity. It never is. But the social milieu where we all come from. It's probably the same reason an urban American from, say, NYC will likely to start a successful enterprise in Macon, GA versus otherwise. Opportunities given and availed.

The solution: Sindh should be divided! Haroon Rashid makes this case. He says that there are no native or original inhabitants anywhere in the world. Not in Sindh either, according to him. Geography has been changed by human beings time and again. According to him, the Urdu Speaker of Karachi is frustrated by the Jageerdar of interior Sindh stealing money from Karachi.

Should this be done? Why not? I'd make make provinces out of every Division in Pakistan. A Karachi Province!

Muhajir women have always been more empowered than the rest of the Pakistani women. In fact the feudal people used to see as emasculated because in our households, women were equal decision makers.

@IAU Your views?

Muhajir women have always been more empowered than the rest of the Pakistani women. In fact the feudal people used to see as emasculated because in our households, women were equal decision makers.
Not equal but there advise are listened too

Karachi is in a pretty terrible situation,no power supply , no water supply , no garbage disposal and above all no human rights. Sindh Govt. has usurped all rights

Government need to enforce emergency and make Karachi a federal territory.

So a guy here stating that out of 22 million people there are no educated candidates who could pass CSS in Karachi? Are you kidding me?

Nope. No one said that no one passes the exam from Karachi but that quite a few of the seats available to Karachi don't get filled. You can go through the FPSC website. You can check the scores and the merit lists from previous exams, quite transparent. There's no room for "mein nahin manta" here. It's a regular occurrence, CSS is a tough exam.

Government need to enforce emergency and make Karachi a federal territory.
Nope. No one said that no one passes the exam from Karachi but that quite a few of the seats available to Karachi don't get filled. You can go through the FPSC website. You can check the scores and the merit lists from previous exams, quite transparent. There's no room for "mein nahin manta" here. Happens pretty much every year, CSS is a tough exam.

Out of all CSS pass outs this year.

Tell me how many were from Karachi (urban sindh)

-
Ok I checked.

365 candidates passed CSS final exam 2019.

18 students were from Urban Sindh, which includes Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur etc. That's just 5% of those who cleared the exam

18 Students from 25 Million People.(only counting Karachi's population)
What a joke, that's utter discrimination.

So you are saying that only 18 people are brainy/capable in Urban Sindh??

Check yourself: http://fpsc.gov.pk/sites/default/files/CSS-CE-2019-Final-Result.pdf

See the number of candidates for Punjab, aka Sons of Soil.

Last edited:
Budget issue aside people talking against quota system from position of privilege are morons. British left army that was 90% recruited from punjab, it continued to be this way for many years post 1947. Its now have more equally representation. And some like Baloch and Sindhi will still need many more years to get their true representation in army.

Similarly many urdu speakers had obvious advantages being in administration of British raj. Now look at India where Indian muslims barely make up 2-3% in any department despite being 15% of population. Meanwhile urdu speakers are over represented in every field. Sindhis don't even come close.

Budget issue aside people talking against quota system from position of privilege are morons. British left army that was 90% recruited from punjab, it continued to be this way for many years post 1947. Its now have more equally representation. And some like Baloch and Sindhi will still need many more years to get their true representation in army.

Similarly many urdu speakers had obvious advantages being in administration of British raj. Now look at India where Indian muslims barely make up 2-3% in any department despite being 15% of population. Meanwhile urdu speakers are over represented in every field. Sindhis don't even come close.

Where are the advantages you are talking about?

The sons of soil could not digest the fact that Karachi was capital set by Quaid-e-azam.

Karachi's master plan was taken to South Korea for implementation in 1960~

https://theseoultimes.com/ST/?url=/ST/db/read.php?idx=9987

Have you lived in Karachi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom