What's new

Is Karachi not a part of Sindh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro your demand is not wrong your approach is wrong. The discrimination is being done by PPP hurt them. Make sure they are not able to do it in future. Put them out of power & key to that is embracing rest of sindh not throwing them away.

Thanks but how we can make sure? No one gives vote to ppp from karachi yet they rule us? Where in world this happen why courts and everyone else are silent on this? Which door we should knock?

As usual, intentional thread derailment by some members to put a blanket on problems faced by Karachiites.

It's like saying 'All lives Matter' during a Black Lives Matter protest. Damaging the tehreek.

Questions:

- Does anyone know why we lost East Pakistan (now Bangaldesh)?
- Why did Bhutto refuse to admit the victory of Mujeeb ur Rahman?

img_20200625_225250-jpg.644677
Arabs found oil though. A lot of oil.

Thanks but how we can make sure? No one gives vote to ppp from karachi yet they rule us? Where in world this happen why courts and everyone else are silent on this? Which door we should knock?
Just stop being the people of Karachi start being the people of Pakistan. Tell your leadership to adventure out in sindh and become one with those people help your self & help them as well. If you keep crying Karachi Karachi you will achieve nothing other than restricting your self. You will have to embrace diversification & carry every one with you.

Just stop being the people of Karachi start being the people of Pakistan. Tell your leadership to adventure out in sindh and become one with those people help your self & help them as well. If you keep crying Karachi Karachi you will achieve nothing other than restricting your self. You will have to embrace diversification & carry every one with you.

With due respect, you do not have the faintest idea about what's happening in Karachi. Kindly do not blame the victims.

- Karachi has not voted for PPP.
- Karachi has voted for PTI in 2013 and 2018 and disgraced MQM. Both Times. Full majority.

lol Why is Karachi generating 60% revenue cause whole country is supplying goods and buying goods from Karachi. Karachi is generating 60% revenue cause of Pakistan not the other way around. Karachi is not on moon Karachi is in Pakistan. This is something you all need to understand as well.
Karachi is a port city, so it is understandable that it's a commercial hub, like New York, Mumbai, or Shenzhen. Karachi's relationship with the rest of the country is symbiotic - they need each other to thrive.

But Karachi's economic dominance is both a success and a failure:

The success should rightly be attributed to the people of Karachi (both "Urdu-speaking" and other ethnicities) for their entrepreneurship and for providing a steady supply of educated and skilled people.

As a side, my grandfather moved to Karachi from India in the 60s with his five children, and no money to speak of. Within a generation, in about 20 years, each of his children was well established in his/her career, with multiple properties and their kids receiving the best education in the country. Our family was not an exception. While Pakistan was the reason they had those opportunities, you cannot deny the hardwork and perseverance it takes to establish oneself in a completely new land.

Karachi's economic dominance is also a failure of the central government for not putting in place strategies and policies to build other centres of economic and commercial activities. 75 years is plenty of time to do that. It is also a failure of other cities like Lahore, Faisalabad, Peshawar for not being able to attract investment that is comparable to Karachi in a meaningful way.

Karachi ka banda ho, karachi se related problem hai aur mera leader dosrey jaga jaa kar kahey vote do public nahi pouchey gi karachi ka kia kara jo yaha aye ho voteangnay?

Aur jo formula ap ne bataya aus se toh next 100 years tak nazar nahi araha. Wesay ik ko karachi walo ne kyn dia hoga vote?

With due respect, you do not have the faintest idea about what's happening in Karachi. Kindly do not blame the victims.

- Karachi has not voted for PPP.
- Karachi has voted for PTI in 2013 and 2018 and disgraced MQM. Both Times. Full majority.
So what is solution for Karachi? You achieved 2 goals out of 3 for your betterment
You have your govt in Karachi
You have your Federal Govt
but
You need to achieve provincial Govt which you have not achieved. Focus on that & tell me how will you achieve it?

PTI won't get any support from Karachi in next elections.

I support Imran Khan's vision though.
I hope PTI does come back in the next election. It is a well-known fact that first terms are usually more difficult. Even in countries like the US, its the second term when most presidents get real work done. For example, Obama's greatest accomplishments, including the Affordable Care Act were in the second term.

In the case of Pakistan, this is PTI's first government at the federal level. Four factors make it immensely more difficult for this government to implement its agenda:
  • It is a minority government, so in many cases, its hands are tied
  • It holds a comfortable majority in only KP. Punjab is a very slim majority. Balochistan is a coalition. Sindh, GB, and AJK governments are not PTI
  • The 18th amendment, in its current form is a disaster, and there is nothing they can do about it without a majority.
  • The bureaucracy and judiciary are stacked with people trying to undermine the elected government

The PTI must win a second term, with an outright majority. Only then will we see real change. We have to be more farsighted, and act wisely, and give the PTI our vote in 2022. If they do not deliver in their second term, then by all means, vote them out.

I hope PTI does come back in the next election. It is a well-known fact that first terms are usually more difficult. Even in countries like the US, its the second term when most presidents get real work done. For example, Obama's greatest accomplishments, including the Affordable Care Act were in the second term.

In the case of Pakistan, this is PTI's first government at the federal level. Four factors make it immensely more difficult for this government to implement its agenda:
  • It holds a comfortable majority in only KP. Punjab is a very slim majority. Balochistan is a coalition. Sindh, GB, and AJK governments are not PTI
  • The 18th amendment, in its current form is a disaster, and there is nothing they can do about it without a majority.
  • The bureaucracy and judiciary are stacked with people trying to undermine the elected government

The PTI must win a second term, with an outright majority. Only then will we see real change. We have to be more farsighted, and act wisely, and give the PTI our vote in 2022. If they do not deliver in their second term, then by all means, vote them out.

We have no other choice. But IK has proven himself to be a man without a spine. Thaali ka baingan. We have nobody else besides PTI but I don't have high hopes from IK.

If you don't mind me asking, how's their experience there in Punjab and with Punjabis?

Don't push it. It's not about funds we are talking about here. Re-read your posts and the posts that i quoted. You are blatantly acting like a bigot. You are just asking to generate a reaction. A friendly advise, don't do it.

IF you want to insult me be my guest , but take this as last warning , one more name calling and I will respond in similar words ..

You are seriously comparing Lahoris/Punjabis with Karachiites/Urdu speaking???? Not even a comparision. Punjabis enjoy the most powerful status in this country - be it bureaucracy or army - you guys have it all power and institutions.

You and the other member asked what Lahoris would feel like if it ever happened to them. I showed you that it has happened to them throughout history. You asked for that comparison. I did not present it to belittle Karachi's plight. You don't get to object when you get exactly what you asked for. Once you've pulled yourself out of this hysteria, you'll see things more clearly.

You Punjabis/Lahoris didn't have to face QUOTA system - if you had face it, you would have come to known about what Karachiites feel.

I deliberately wanted to stay away from this pit of false claims stacked up against legitimate concerns. Because when I disassemble those claims people will start accusing me of bias. However, since I have actual numbers and you dragged me into it, might as well.

92.5% of all candidates in Pakistan are selected on quota. Lahoris face it too. Your actual problem is the unequal division of Sindh's quota between the Rural and Urban areas; while Sindh's urban population is around 50% of its total (Baring all the discrepancies in the population estimates aside. I don't intend to get into that), it only receives 40% of the quota allocated to Sindh. In effect, it is about the 10% quota share that should go to Urban Sindh but instead goes to Rural Sindh, i.e. 8 seats in total. On top of Urban Sindh's share, Karachi also has the 7.5% of the total seats (18 seats in total) available to it on merit, as well. The ironic bit is that a lot of these seats that are allocated as quota for specific regions/populations do not get filled for multiple years due to a lack of candidates passing the exam criteria. For example, for the year 2018 there were 18 vacancies for the year under Urban Sindh's quota and another 40 left over vacancies carried over from the previous exams.

So no, Karachiites do not have only 2-3 seats to compete for, as has been foolishly claimed multiple times in this thread in hopes to exaggerate the issue needlessly. Many of the ones that are available to Karachi, due to the lack of qualifying candidates, go vacant anyway. None of this is to disqualify the absolute right of Urban Sindh to have its due share of representation in the quota. However, it is also not a big enough excuse to burn down the city and/or allow one's inner ethno-nationalistic charades to surface.

You'll find all the above facts below,

http://www.fpsc.gov.pk/

**** everything - YOU guys are the majority in country while Urdu speakers are barely 8-10% of total population.
We are in minority so we obviously feel more insecure compared to you guys. It's natural...You and other 'son of soils' should have shown bigger heart rather than competing with us....We came into new land - seeking acceptance and love. We were/are more sensitive...

Please, don't take offence to what I am about to say. It's only to drive home a point.

No one really needs to tell me what it is like being a minority. I belong to an ethnicity which is listed without its name under the "others" column. What I am trying to preach is what we have followed since independence. You are more sensitive not because you're a minority but because you choose to be. Had people come to serve instead of being served, they might have left their unfounded sense of entitlement behind. Urdu speakers, nor any other ethnicity or group of people in Pakistan is entitled to anything. We have done nothing for the country except for looting it, creating trouble, inciting hatred and acting entitled, despite the self-aggrandising claims to the contrary.

*All of the above is not in any way an attempt to imply that the concerns of Karachi are not legitimate. Only that the way its people choose to convey them through the lens of ethno-nationalism is unacceptable.

Punajbis can afford to have their some cities dusted for a while but Karachiites, who are already oppressed in every fukin possible way, can't....Karachi is our ONLY home....Punjabis can afford to go to Gujranwala if Lahore is treated unfairly while Karachiites don't have that luxury

Yeah, of course. You demand that Punjabis understand and help you with your plight while you openly recommend a dusting of their cities. Only Karachi's concerns are legitimate. Every one else "can afford it". Btw, nothing is stopping any Urdu Speaker from moving to Gujranwala either. Many more "Muhajirs" have made Punjab their home than Karachi.

Yaha pora karachi bana dia jo 60% revenue generate kar raha wo sab bhol jao aur yeh dekho tweet lol.

lol Why is Karachi generating 60% revenue cause whole country is supplying goods and buying goods from Karachi. Karachi is generating 60% revenue cause of Pakistan not the other way around. Karachi is not on moon Karachi is in Pakistan. This is something you all need to understand as well.

Karachi is not generating anywhere close to 60% revenue. That is absolutely false. I've already explained it. That number also keeps increasing out of thin air.

Refer to my post below,

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/is-karachi-not-a-part-of-sindh.672911/page-11#post-12474099

Last edited:

Even if he does a thousand things wrong, he is doing one thing right and that is he is not corrupt neither leading a party because he came out of a royal womb. For that reason alone he will always have my vote, unless a better option emerges.

Yes, he has disappointed in Karachi but even if elections are announced tomorrow I'll come over to Pakistan to cast my vote in his favour just like 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom