What's new

Is it time for Pakistan to seriously start considering an ICBM ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICBMs are not for hitting the US but for preventing the US from blackmailing Pakistan. It is called a nuclear deterrent.

we all know what Deterrent is, Pakistan has missiles that can reach the existing US bases in Afgan, yet they raided Pakistan. Even if Pakistan posses a ICBM, still if US finds out that there is one more high profile Al Quieda leader hiding in Pakistan, they will again ride Pakistan with out any hesitation.

What I am trying to say is,US is looking for a reason...US is like a "Saas" who trys her best to find defects in the "Bahu",no matter how much the bahu trys to be good...
Wow! You actually solved the puzzle of defining the type of relationship between USA and Pakistan, which has confused many. I fully agree. :lol:

Any plans for politics in the future? :P

ICBM? For who?

You've already got India covered. I mean you can go and make ICBM and piss the world off in the process. :what:

Let's hypothetically say Pakistan somehow managed to develop ICBM but then what? Do you think that would affect Washington? Even if you attack first they've got ABM [Anti-Ballistic missile technology]. Plus you can never win a war with US of A using conventional methods. I personally think Pakistan should concentrate on Economy rather than Arm race.

This way you're just helping India and leading your country in the wrong direction.

We need to have ICBM shield to protect us from any external threat either its US, UK or anybodyelse.......We will make our ICBM 2times faster than their aniballistic shields so there will be no question of interception....Insha-Allah.......:)

US has long ago created missile shields for Russian ICBM's. If Pakistan believes that an ICBM in it's kitty would be a deterrent to the US, that's flawed thinking. Chinese seem to have come up with an actual solution to this. Their proposed ICBM's can carry up to 10 warheads. Even the best Shields in the world don't have a confirmed 100% kill rate. Add to that the dimension of multiple war heads, we get a really messy situation. Now that's a deterrent.

We need to have ICBM shield to protect us from any external threat either its US, UK or anybodyelse.......We will make our ICBM 2times faster than their aniballistic shields so there will be no question of interception....Insha-Allah.......:)

Ahmn, all ballistic missiles are faster than the ABM's dude.... *Cough*, ICBM warhead naturally moves much faster than a tactical missile.

we all know what Deterrent is, Pakistan has missiles that can reach the existing US bases in Afgan, yet they raided Pakistan. Even if Pakistan posses a ICBM, still if US finds out that there is one more high profile Al Quieda leader hiding in Pakistan, they will again ride Pakistan with out any hesitation.

The US military base in another country and the US mainland are not same. The military bases are expandable but Washington or NY are not. The moment Pakistan will develop an ICBM with 12000 km range the american strikes inside Pakistan will cease.

The US military base in another country and the US mainland are not same. The military bases are expandable but Washington or NY are not. The moment Pakistan will develop an ICBM with 12000 km range the american strikes inside Pakistan will cease.

Read post #94

True but as long as we have this current tola of inept people. A hard liner government and even if we dont posses ICBM, drone strikes will stop.

I disagree. Its not the ICBM which will put a stop of this but a strong stance by GOP. But if GOP is going to protest on the main and allow the strikes at the back end then no matter how many ICBMs we have, drone strikes will continue.

Wow! You actually solved the puzzle of defining the type of relationship between USA and Pakistan, which has confused many. I fully agree. :lol:

Any plans for politics in the future? :P

Lol...no

I'd rather not waste my energies...

I mentioned this before...if you've got a problem with UCAV attacks,force the GoP to officially protest and state the policy clearly...after that,PAF can be given full freedom to conduct target practicing...

People say that we have an ICBM,but we are not testing it because of International pressure...
I say,if we can't even test it,how can we have the guts to threaten somebody?

Taken out US/Nato bases in the event of a war is the best option...Ghaznavis can easily take out their Airbases,where no ABM shields are present...

US has long ago created missile shields for Russian ICBM's. If Pakistan believes that an ICBM in it's kitty would be a deterrent to the US, that's flawed thinking. Chinese seem to have come up with an actual solution to this. Their proposed ICBM's can carry up to 10 warheads. Even the best Shields in the world don't have a confirmed 100% kill rate. Add to that the dimension of multiple war heads, we get a really messy situation. Now that's a deterrent.

The US has no shield for RS-24 of Russia. Still by far the best MIRVed ICBM.

But now in the light of events of the past few months is it time for Pakistan to seriously consider an ICBM ?
Why? Which are the intended target countries? Israel? US of A?

There are some bullys in the world who only understand the language of power.
USA?
Israel?
India?
All the above?

So is time for Pakistan to put the missile infrastructure in full gear and produce yet another miracle.
Money? To put in place a viable indigenous ICBM system you'd need upward of $25 billion! Why don't you get it from China instead at one tenth the cost?

Cheers!

I disagree. Its not the ICBM which will put a stop of this but a strong stance by GOP. But if GOP is going to protest on the main and allow the strikes at the back end then no matter how many ICBMs we have, drone strikes will continue.

There's a reason why the GOP cannot take a strong stance. Do you remember the statement, "Either you're with us or you're against us" ?

People say that we have an ICBM,but we are not testing it because of International pressure...
I say,if we can't even test it,how can we have the guts to threaten somebody?

Just having ICBMs is in no way threatening another state, get it in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom