What's new

Is it Taj Mahal or Tejomahalay??

Status
Not open for further replies.
conspiracies aside, I found this particularly interesting. I'll find some sources about this.

conspiracies aside, I found this particularly interesting. I'll find some sources about this.

:lol::lol: dont waste your time reading too much into this moron he links almost everything to be Hindu around the world.

Actually the fact is anything made in Muslims rulers era was Hindu made Thats the point they want to prove or trying to and failing......Looks like they are ashamed they were not able to make such thing until the muslims came......

No Hindu V Muslim but reality.

Actually the fact is anything made in Muslims rulers era was Hindu made Thats the point they want to prove or trying to and failing......Looks like they are ashamed they were not able to make such thing until the muslims came......

maybe u need a lesson in history my friend....:pop::pop:

Well you also have these so called "rulers" such as mahmud of ghazni, timur the lame, tipu sultan, aurangzeb, etc. who have looted and destroyed Hindu temples and priceless artifacts, time and again. So it's pretty much a wonder of what happened to the original landmark.

Example - "Somnath Temple"

In 725 Junayad, the Arab governor of Sind, sent his armies to destroy the second temple.[citation needed] The Gurjara Pratihara king Nagabhata II constructed the third temple in 815, a large structure of red sandstone.

Somnath temple, 1869In 1024 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Mahmud Ghazni[citation needed] who raided the temple from across the Thar Desert. Ghazni was challenged by the king, Ghogha Rana, who at the ripe age of 90, sacrificed his own clan fighting against Ghazni.[citation needed] The temple was rebuilt by the Paramara King Bhoj of Malwa and the Solanki king Bhima of Gujarat (Anhilwara) or Patan between 1026 and 1042. The wooden structure was replaced by Kumarpal (r.1143-72), who built the temple of stone.[6]

In 1296 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Sultan Allauddin Khilji's army.[citation needed] According to Taj-ul-Ma'sir of Hasan Nizami, Raja Karan of Gujarat was defeated and forced to flee, "fifty thousand infidels were dispatched to hell by the sword" and "more than twenty thousand slaves, and cattle beyond all calculation fell into the hands of the victors".[citation needed] The temple was rebuilt by Mahipala Deva, the Chudasama king of Saurashtra in 1308 A.D. and the Linga was installed by his son Khengar sometime between 1326 and 1351 A.D.

In 1375 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Muzaffar Shah I, the Sultan of Gujarat.[citation needed] About 1400 A.D. it was reconstructed by the local public.[further explanation needed]

In 1451 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Mahmud Begda, the Sultan of Gujarat.[citation needed] It was reconstructed again.[citation needed]

In 1701 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb.[citation needed] Aurangzeb built a mosque on the site of the Somnath temple, using some columns from the temple, whose Hindu sculptural motifs remained visible.[further explanation needed]

Queen Ahilyabai Holkar of Indore rebuilt the temple in 1783 A.D. at a site adjacent to the ruined temple which was already converted to a mosque.

Well you also have these so called "rulers" such as mahmud of ghazni, timur the lame, tipu sultan, aurangzeb, etc. who have looted and destroyed Hindu temples and priceless artifacts, time and again. So it's pretty much a wonder of what happened to the original landmark.

In 1701 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb.[citation needed] Aurangzeb built a mosque on the site of the Somnath temple, using some columns from the temple, whose Hindu sculptural motifs remained visible.[further explanation needed]

Queen Ahilyabai Holkar of Indore rebuilt the temple in 1783 A.D. at a site adjacent to the ruined temple which was already converted to a mosque.

Initial muslim arabs were all plunderers and uncivilized lot. All they did was loot and plunder.
It was the mughals of mongol origin and somewhat persianized that brought a real cultural addition to India's culture. Part of a reason why we are still culturally more associated with Iran than the arabs who still act like the dark ages cavemen.

This Tejo Mahal nonsense has been doing the rounds since eons. If it were so, some political party would have already made it an issue.

To the Pakistan who talk of Hindus breaking the Taj Mahal - the first just suggestion was made by the Muslim League at Partition which wanted to take half of the Taj Mahal to Pakistan. After that was scoffed, they wanted a " Pakistan Mughal Corridor" connecting East and West Pakistan through Indian territory and including Agra.

It was the mughals of mongol origin and somewhat persianized that brought a real cultural addition to India's culture.

:disagree:

It was India which civilized them and gave them culture, much like China, where the Mongols came as barbarians but got 'sinonized'

Example - "Somnath Temple"

In 725 Junayad, the Arab governor of Sind, sent his armies to destroy the second temple.[citation needed] The Gurjara Pratihara king Nagabhata II constructed the third temple in 815, a large structure of red sandstone.

Somnath temple, 1869In 1024 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Mahmud Ghazni[citation needed] who raided the temple from across the Thar Desert. Ghazni was challenged by the king, Ghogha Rana, who at the ripe age of 90, sacrificed his own clan fighting against Ghazni.[citation needed] The temple was rebuilt by the Paramara King Bhoj of Malwa and the Solanki king Bhima of Gujarat (Anhilwara) or Patan between 1026 and 1042. The wooden structure was replaced by Kumarpal (r.1143-72), who built the temple of stone.[6]

In 1296 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Sultan Allauddin Khilji's army.[citation needed] According to Taj-ul-Ma'sir of Hasan Nizami, Raja Karan of Gujarat was defeated and forced to flee, "fifty thousand infidels were dispatched to hell by the sword" and "more than twenty thousand slaves, and cattle beyond all calculation fell into the hands of the victors".[citation needed] The temple was rebuilt by Mahipala Deva, the Chudasama king of Saurashtra in 1308 A.D. and the Linga was installed by his son Khengar sometime between 1326 and 1351 A.D.

In 1375 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Muzaffar Shah I, the Sultan of Gujarat.[citation needed] About 1400 A.D. it was reconstructed by the local public.[further explanation needed]

In 1451 A.D., the temple was once again destroyed by Mahmud Begda, the Sultan of Gujarat.[citation needed] It was reconstructed again.[citation needed]

I found something written on teh top of the wiki article....This August 2010 needs additional citations for verification.

:disagree:

It was India which civilized them and gave them culture, much like China, where the Mongols came as barbarians but got 'sinonized'

Have you ever read about the mughals or you skipped your history classes too? Mughals weren't Mongols.

Robert L. Canfield, Turko-Persia in historical perspective, Cambridge University Press, 1991 . pg 20: "The Mughals- Persianized Turks who invaded from Central Asia and claimed descent from both Timur and Genghis - strengthened the Persianate culture of Muslim India"

There are tons of Indian literature too, Satish Chandra would be a good one to start

Hindu fanatics had once sneaked into Taj Mahal and started puja there few years back.
So yes you can expect anything from Hindu fanatic groups who wants to raze Taj Mahal by narrating fake stories about its being an hindu temple.

But i guess the GoI wont let do that because they earn alot of revenue due to tourism and the world visit it as a symbol of Love by Mughal King for his wife Mumtaz NOT as some shiv, parvati temple

Jana my dear, have no fear. Taj Mahal is numero uno tourist tax dollar earner in India, nothing will ever happen to it in the forseeble future.

Have you ever read about the mughals or you skipped your history classes too? Mughals weren't Mongols.

There are tons of Indian literature too, Satish Chandra would be a good one to start

I believe he was giving a comparison of the Mongols in China compared of the Mughal invasion in India

Did I ever say that the Mughals were Mongols ?

But surely you do know that they're related right?

Let me give you a history lesson ;)

Babur&

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom