What's new

Is it safe to travel in Pakistan with bicycle?

There have been cyclists who travelled to Pakistan in the past one was Pakistani living in Germany who.did it a few years back took him about 4-5 months I am guessing you would get protection from the Balochistan Levies on the Pakistan side all the way to quetta

Yes his name is Kamran, you can search him on Facebook and insta “KamranOnBike”. He also have a website with complete itinerary.

He is now cycling in USA.

Your right mechanical is boring, but it's also very safe.

In the UK there are 5 fatalities per year, for every 100,000 cars on the road. In Pakistan this figure is 283.

So for every 100,000 cars on the road, 278 more people die on Pakistans roads, compared to the UK.

That is why mechanical is important.

In Pakistan...there are other factors...

- Drivers have no/poor training
- roads are poor
- cars have poor safety features
- rules are enforced only in big cities

I have a dream to travel to Saudi Arabia on bicycle to perform haj...

In Pakistan...there are other factors...

- Drivers have no/poor training
- roads are poor
- cars have poor safety features
- rules are enforced only in big cities

Yes, but a lot of that can be legislated for. You've been in the UK, car safety is maintained through MOT and police spot checks. Driver training is a requirement before licence is issued. Driver training is the absolute essential core of this "mechanical" method of training.

Pakistan needs to take all this much more seriously. I always get so tense driving in Pakistan - anyone can hit you any time from anywhere, it's completely unexpected - especially in AJK. Most drive around here without a licence. Then summer time it is made worse by the Birmingham/Bradford/Luton jangli youngsters coming over and thinking whole of AJK is a rally track.

Yes, but a lot of that can be legislated for. You've been in the UK, car safety is maintained through MOT and police spot checks. Driver training is a requirement before licence is issued. Driver training is the absolute essential core of this "mechanical" method of training.

Pakistan needs to take all this much more seriously. I always get so tense driving in Pakistan - anyone can hit you any time from anywhere, it's completely unexpected - especially in AJK. Most drive around here without a licence. Then summer time it is made worse by the Birmingham/Bradford/Luton jangli youngsters coming over and thinking whole of AJK is a rally track.

It’s going to take a long for this to be implemented nationally in Pakistan...
IK govt can make a start though

8yr olds drive cars in Pakistan !?!

Depends on where and what time you are cycling

If you are cycling in areas of Baluchistan at night then bad
If you are cycling in some areas of Karachi at night then bad
If you are cycling in areas of Islamabad at night then bad

A professional tourist operations need to be contaced before planning
Islamabad is all right at night, I've done it

In Karachi hundreds of student go to school on bicycle I myself when I was doing o level, me with my friends all go in group to school on bicycle also even people from foreign countries have visited Pakistan on bicycle/touring bike and even walking.

Last edited:
There is a reason I said "in areas of Islamabad" as in some places

Bro

On second thoughts I think it’s best to avoid riding your bike at night on long journeys - wherever you are.

If your doing cross country then it’s best to rest at night, wake up early and keep going till maghrib and then relax and out your feet up

Last edited:
Depends on where and what time you are cycling

If you are cycling in areas of Baluchistan at night then bad
If you are cycling in some areas of Karachi at night then bad
If you are cycling in areas of Islamabad at night then bad

A professional tourist operations need to be contaced before planning

Have you ever been to Baluchistan? I am 100% sure you or @HammerHead081 have never been to Baluchistan let me rephrase that I doubt you guys leave your house when visiting Pakistan.

@SOHEIL PLEASE don't take advice from people who suffer from inferiority complex have never been in place, they are advising you about.

How many KM or Miles per day can you travel plus that bike of yours is not good for long distance travel, but if you can handle the heat, then its a beautiful adventure traffic is a nightmare at some spots and people are friendly.

B9154D85-CDD0-4128-9B88-93496EF92A07.jpeg
This is my badboy...great suspension and complete with a babyseat for my lil girl and a hooting horn :)

Have you ever been to Baluchistan? I am 100% sure you or @HammerHead081 have never been to Baluchistan let me rephrase that I doubt you guys leave your house when visiting Pakistan.

@SOHEIL PLEASE don't take advice from people who suffer from inferiority complex have never been in place, they are advising you about.

How many KM or Miles per day can you travel plus that bike of yours is not good for long distance travel, but if you can handle the heat, then its a beautiful adventure traffic is a nightmare at some spots and people are friendly.

Baluchistan is not heaven on earth as some areas are not safe to cycle through at specific times

if he ever comes to Gilgit-Baltistan i will also give him the same advice of not going through specific areas at specific times

Back
Top Bottom