What's new

Is it safe to travel in Pakistan with bicycle?

SOHEIL

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of

IMG_20190405_134029_976.jpg

Here is my bike !

View attachment 551386
Here is my bike !

Yeah, the driving style is crazy, but I suspect people drive crazy in Iran too. I have not been to a Muslim country where the driving is not crazy, so if you are used to cycling in that, you should be able to cycle in Pakistan safely.

Of course it also depends on where you go. Some areas are safer than others.

Yes bro
I use my bike a lot too and I see many professional bikers on the Head Muhammad - Multan road

Only problem will now be the extreme heat which has started now

I’l put up a pic of my bike later

Thanks bro !

Mine is CUBE ATTENTION 27.5 2017

IMG_20190405_135854_695.jpg

Not a road bike !

Usually no problem.

But keep you safety equipment & protection instruments along with you.

Because criminals are everywhere.

There have been cyclists who travelled to Pakistan in the past one was Pakistani living in Germany who.did it a few years back took him about 4-5 months I am guessing you would get protection from the Balochistan Levies on the Pakistan side all the way to quetta

No, it's horrible.

1) Horrible traffic, you will get run over.
2) Roads are not made for bicycles so make sure you have a good quality mountain bike which is expensive to get.
3) Dust every fkin where.
4) So freaking hot.

Depends on where you cycle
The past week I saw three different forigen cyclests cycling through gilgit city
So yeah it is safe

Note: all three of them were not of same group

No, it's horrible.

2) Roads are not made for bicycles so make sure you have a good quality mountain bike which is expensive to get.
4) So freaking hot.

Year he needs to be a professional cyclists to cycle through Pakistan

And he needs to bring a pistol with him as well. With motorbike you have a chance of outrunning criminals. Not with a bicycle.

Depends on where and what time you are cycling

If you are cycling in areas of Baluchistan at night then bad
If you are cycling in some areas of Karachi at night then bad
If you are cycling in areas of Islamabad at night then bad

A professional tourist operations need to be contaced before planning

No, it's horrible.

4) So freaking hot.

He's from Iran, so they probably already have steps 1, 3 and 4.

Step 2 is a good shout.

He's from Iran, so they probably already have steps 1, 3 and 4.

Step 2 is a good shout.

Bro,

I’v driven in Tehran...crazy traffic.
I’v travelled by road a lot all over the world and driving in the UK is boring because it’s mechanical...whereas driving in Pakistan always keeps you awake unless you are driving on Lhr - ISB motorway. In Pakistan there are no rules which makes it ‘unorthodox’. You become a better driver but you’v gotto watch out for the pindu drivers because they can be deathly

There have been cyclists who travelled to Pakistan in the past one was Pakistani living in Germany who.did it a few years back took him about 4-5 months I am guessing you would get protection from the Balochistan Levies on the Pakistan side all the way to quetta

Yep Baluchistan is a crazy place. We’v come by road twice to Pakistan from UK and Baluchistan has been the craziest place. Dudes with AK47’s and smoking dope sitting on roadsides.

Driving from the Iranian border to Taftan (Pakistani side of the border) is a mission which you’v gotto to complete in daytime because it is desert , and if your with family you don’t want to get stuck out in the night.

Bro,

I’v driven in Tehran...crazy traffic.
I’v travelled by road a lot all over the world and driving in the UK is boring because it’s mechanical...whereas driving in Pakistan always keeps you awake unless you are driving on Lhr - ISB motorway. In Pakistan there are no rules which makes it ‘unorthodox’. You become a better driver but you’v gotto watch out for the pindu drivers because they can be deathly

Your right mechanical is boring, but it's also very safe.

In the UK there are 5 fatalities per year, for every 100,000 cars on the road. In Pakistan this figure is 283.

So for every 100,000 cars on the road, 278 more people die on Pakistans roads, compared to the UK.

That is why mechanical is important.

Back
Top Bottom