What's new

Is Indian Cuisine Coming of Age in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They eat it all raw, and their sushi stinks

You are seeing it all wrong man :lol:

Sushi is in fact very clean given that the right type of fish is used, and that it is being prepared properly. Sushi making is an art. Not everyone can do it!

Also, those damn chopsticks are awesome!

The thing is, you should really be eating it with a LOT of Wasabi.

But people who are not from East Asia find it difficult to eat Wasabi, so they usually just use soy sauce on its own, which isn't as good I think.

I once ate a lot of Wasabi by mistake during the first time. Yes, just Wasabi :sick:

Don't ask me what happened next :lol:

kerala-beef-fry-013.jpg

Beef fry from kerala

IMG_5797-400x300.jpg

mutton-ularthi.jpg

You are seeing it all wrong man :lol:

Sushi is in fact very clean given that the right type of fish is used, and that it is being prepared properly. Sushi making is an art. Not everyone can do it!

Also, those damn chopsticks are awesome!

I went to South Korea once for a holiday, and believe it or not they use METAL chopsticks. :woot:

(Whereas Chinese and Japanese will generally use wooden ones.)

I once ate a lot of Wasabi by mistake during the first time. Yes, just Wasabi :sick:

Don't ask me what happened next :lol:

LOL, that sounds painful. I'm surprised it didn't turn you off eating Sushi. :P

I went to South Korea once for a holiday, and believe it or not they use METAL chopsticks. :woot:

(Whereas Chinese and Japanese will generally use wooden ones.)

I've been to a Korean restaurant once when I was in Thailand. I noticed it too. Why do you think they use metal chopsticks?

LOL, that sounds painful. I'm surprised it didn't turn you off eating Sushi. :P

I love Sushi :P I just didn't care. Am a Bengali after all :lol:

Another myth. The majority of Indians are Hindu and therefore vegetarians. They even kill you for eating beef.

These meat dishes surely are Pakistani

Lmao I smell the jealousy.

Most of the Hindus are not Vegetarian! Most of us eat meat, but not Beef. Probably 15-20% of Indians are vegetarian.

And by the way show me 1 dish that is eaten in Pakistan and not in India? I'll show you 100s of dishes that are only exclusively eaten in India. :)

I've been to a Korean restaurant once when I was in Thailand. I noticed it too. Why do you think they use metal chopsticks?

Not sure, but my guess is that it has something to do with the East Asian historical tradition of making chopsticks out of silver. Since silver was supposed to turn black when it came into contact with poison, thus acting as something of a poison detector.

That must be the reason. Though I can't find anything on the internet as to why they do it... it seems like the only logical explanation.

Of course plain steel is no substitute for silver, but it's the psychological effect I think, and the desire to carry on old traditions.

Pakistani food is the best. Yum.

Way too much oil for my liking. But tastes vary from person to person.

Lmao I smell the jealousy.

Most of the Hindus are not Vegetarian! Most of us eat meat, but not Beef. Probably 15-20% of Indians are vegetarian.

And by the way show me 1 dish that is eaten in Pakistan and not in India? I'll show you 100s of dishes that are only exclusively eaten in India. :)

BS. Hindus eat beef in Kerala. I even know a few brahmins from my college who eats and dreams beef every goddamn day.

Kerala and Beef...its a never ending love affair.

Mustard Paste fish curry from Eastern India(Odisha, Bengal and Bihar). Lots of mustard paste is used for thickening the gravy and adding a different flavor.

DSC00148s.jpg

Indian food is not up to my standard either. Putting creamer and coconut milk into every curry. Tastes nasty. Also Indian Masalas don't do it for me.

In Pakistan we make the meat CHATT PAT.

Not sure, but my guess is that it has something to do with the East Asian historical tradition of making chopsticks out of silver. Since silver was supposed to turn black when it came into contact with poison, thus acting as something of a poison detector.

That must be the reason. Though I can't find anything on the internet as to why they do it... it seems like the only logical explanation.

Of course plain steel is no substitute for silver, but it's the psychological effect I think, and the desire to carry on old traditions.

Clever...

Makes sense now :P

Pakistani food is tasty. But yeah, they use a lot of oil :lol:

Indian food is not up to my standard either. Putting creamer and coconut milk into every curry. Tastes nasty. Also Indian Masalas don't do it for me.

In Pakistan we make the meat CHATT PAT.

I know , which is why i said this

BS. Hindus eat beef in Kerala. I even know a few brahmins from my college who eats and dreams beef every goddamn day.

Kerala and Beef...its a never ending love affair.

I honestly have no clue how i can ever survive without Indian food. Dietary concerns play a major role whenever we plan a trip abroad.

i heared from a teacher of mine who had worked in China that once Chinese used ivory chop sticks in the royal palace becouse it turns blue when comes in contact with poison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom