What's new

Is Indian Cuisine Coming of Age in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is strange...

Chinese people love pork, I'm surprised that I've never seen pork combined with curry before. Not once have I seen a dish like that in China.

Maybe I will invent a Chinese dish like that, and sell the idea to a big restaurant. :cheesy:

vindaloo is a very famous dish, you should try it. My mother cooks Pakoda of Fish Caviar but I have never seen that any restaurant menu. Egg Pakoda and fish Pakoda are also very famous.

We usually have veg or meat based Pakoda with tomato sauce or tamarind Sauce or mint-yoghurt sauce.

Funny that I just realised that have tasted Chinese food (Cantonese) in nearly everywhere I have been

That's because provinces like Guangdong (Canton) and Fujian are right on the southern coastline, so we tend to immigrate overseas a lot.

Historically, overseas Chinese communities were once almost entirely made up of Southern Chinese, for this reason.

That's why the stereotypical Chinese accent is a Cantonese one (like Bruce Lee). :lol: Mandarin speakers don't sound like that at all, they have a much more subtle accent.

Not only Tamils, Malayaless are also cultured,
you are right I am a Tamil

You do know that you are responding to a troll Pakistani.. and look at what lot are talking about culture..

So what? We serve great food. All those Sylhetis are literally changing the way English people eat!

Eat your heart out! :P

Actually Bangladesh also has part copyright to the name "India". they can use and or abuse it as well after all they own it as well

vindaloo is a very famous dish, you should try it. My mother cooks Pakoda of Fish Caviar but I have never seen that any restaurant menu. Egg Pakoda and fish Pakoda are also very famous.

We usually have veg or meat based Pakoda with tomato sauce or tamarind Sauce or mint-yoghurt sauce.

yea I missed that fish pakoda. Karachi good for sea food

who ever he is or was, he respects me for who i am. So i have to respect him in return. This is what our culture has taught us.

Yes and you don't care what junk-head has to say about India.. Well that may not be the culture thing I guess.. Great going, buddy!!

Yes and you don't care what junk-head has to say about India.. Well that may not be the culture thing I guess.. Great going, buddy!!
what ever he says or said is out of his personal view, like most INDIANS do have negative taughts towards Pakistan or China for that matter.
if there is a enemy, you win him over his heart with friendship and not with a war of words (its not going to work out, war of words will let to endless quacking)

Not only Tamils, Malayaless are also cultured,
you are right I am a Tamil

Damn, I really love South Indian cuisine :P

Most of Pakistani and Bangladeshi food served in America is half filled with Oil only.. One look at it and you will think twice before eating it..

Depends what kind of restaurant you go to. But yeah, those cheap ones do indeed serve really oily dishes. Wait till you go to one of these:
The Red Fort

And yes, it is owned by a family of Bangladeshi origin. I've known the owner during my time in the UK. And yes, they are loaded.

But then, Indian food is generally a bit oily :cheesy:

Actually Bangladesh also has part copyright to the name "India". they can use and or abuse it as well after all they own it as well

Of-course, we earned that right way back in 1971 :D

But then, there are Bangladeshi restaurants in the UK that do not use the 'India' label. It's up to them, still their right :D

"Chicken 65" is the South Indian panfried boneless chicken, taste good with Idiyappam(a homemade rice noodle rolled like Idli)

Hey Ashok, why is it known as chicken 65.

chicken65-ghumaghumalu.jpg

Here is Idiyappam.

idiyappam.jpg

idiappam3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom