What's new

Is India tearing itself apart?

Now, the situation is changing. People obviously want peace and also a slice of the economic pie. Manmohan Singh visited NE states last year to announce a development package by connecting rest of india with the remote states. And also to counter the chinese build up.

And as usual, since the rebels cannot fight the army directly, they resort to killing civilians as in the case of kashmir.

Dear Black stone ,
Its the tolerance level and co existence of diffrent ideologies makes a better society .
Societies grow and develop not only economically but also intellectually . their job is to provide culture and environent in which Knoweldge is used to gain wisdom .

A society where Thianmen Square happens and dissidents are crushed because of their political and religioous belief is not a healthy society .
What you follow is international standards and indicators for judging a nation and As I mentioned Societies and Nations are diffrent .

The things you are saying like ideologies and intellects, they are just minor components on how society can be improved if required. But it doesn't mean that is a core requirement and certainly not justified to label a "failed" society.

If so, you are demanding a perfect society which it doesn't exist. China is not a utopia. For example, if I say that India doesn't even have proper sanitation for her citizens and other basic needs, do you label India as a "failed" society?.

In regards, to the Tianenman Square incident, that is more to do with politcs and the way the Chinese leaders handle things. There are many other country's leaders who handle things not to the liking of her citizens, do you consider that a "failed" society?.

IF economic prosperity is the only indicator for a society then I think Saudi Arabia or other rigid societies are healthier then most of democratic and yet comparitivly less economicaly develop societies .

economic development is just one of the criteria in judging a society , its Political ideology , its art , its littreture, its ability to maintin the harmonious relationship between individual and society along with other criteria makes a society better .

I didn't say that was the only indicator but that is indeed the basic one to measure the well being of a society. Let me ask you...

Do you think the average Chinese worry more about the economy and putting food on their table or ideologies or how their government handled the Tiannamen square incident?.

Do you think the average Chinese worry more about the stability of their country or ideologies?.

The avearage Chinese only care for practical things like a healthy economy and putting food on their table. If the government and society provides these needs, then society is moving and not a "failed" society.

To summarise, the things you have said are optional improvements of what makes a society better. Not to mention that is according to your opinion, it might not reflect what the Chinese think.

However, that still does not justify a "failed society".

I still don't understand what you are trying to point out. There are some blunders at the Chinese Olympics, but how does it relate to a failed society?. Another question would be, if the Olympics didn't happen does that mean it is not a "failed" society?.

Anyways, I am not trying to impose my view on to you, if you still think China is a failed society then you continue with this view.

I second black stone again.

If China is a failed society then India is a failed society too.
Since, there is a fair amount of inequality in the US too, then US also has a failed society.

Political stability defines a society. India, US and China have stable govts and are equipped to handle all societal challenges, making them stable societies.

I second black stone again.

If China is a failed society then India is a failed society too.
Since, there is a fair amount of inequality in the US too, then US also has a failed society.

Political stability defines a society. India, US and China have stable govts and are equipped to handle all societal challenges, making them stable societies.

only an Indian would take the names of the US, and China in the same breath as India.

Kahaan Chand, kahan zameen.

only an Indian would take the names of the US, and China in the same breath as India.

Don't call USA and China zameen. Their citizens love their countries too. ;)

Unlike some here who have left their country and then pretend to love it, all from a safe distance.

Last edited:
Don't call USA and China zameen. Their citizens love their countries too. ;)

Unless some here who have left their country and then pretend to love it, all from a safe distance.

you read wrong we know who is moon and who is black hole

Its called optimism. We see US and China as equal to us. In the near future some say we will be equal. Others say we will surpass them. The rest are just pessimists.

Stop spreading negativity.

Yes india, china and US are all aiming for the moon. Go to indian space thread for more details.

Stay back and watch us:pop:

or join the bandwagon:cheers:

The things you are saying like ideologies and intellects, they are just minor components on how society can be improved if required. But it doesn't mean that is a core requirement and certainly not justified to label a "failed" society. .

What is a human ? Mind or Matter ..
For you he is a Matter and for me its a balance between Mind and matter which makes a good human and his society .
Its mind which creates and manages every bit of this existence .

If so, you are demanding a perfect society which it doesn't exist.

So you are saying lets not try for perfection ? trying for what we don’t have is human spirit . otherwise we are a beast .

China is not a utopia. For example, if I say that India doesn't even have proper sanitation for her citizens and other basic needs, do you label India as a "failed" society?.

A man without a proper sanitation can still be a good human by his behavior but a man with bad and arrogant behavior will be worst enemy of humanity even if he uses the best bathrooms of the world . Like Hitler did

In regards, to the Tianenman Square incident, that is more to do with politcs and the way the Chinese leaders handle things. There are many other country's leaders who handle things not to the liking of her citizens, do you consider that a "failed" society?.

Politics is the result of the culture of its society .society makes leaders and leaders influence its people .
A mature society will never allow a dictator to crush his own people for asking the basic human rights . if freedom and human rights were not the most important factor of human existence then no one would have fought for independence .

didn't say that was the only indicator but that is indeed the basic one to measure the well being of a society. Let me ask you...

Do you think the average Chinese worry more about the economy and putting food on their table or ideologies or how their government handled the Tiannamen square incident?.

Do you think the average Chinese worry more about the stability of their country or ideologies?.

This point of puttinf freedom and human rights against development is a very childish argument .
My dear Friend a good culture result in better economy .. the richest societies are all democratic and they are more stable . a free mind can innovate and work better .

The avearage Chinese only care for practical things like a healthy economy and putting food on their table. If the government and society provides these needs, then society is moving and not a "failed" society.

Then whats the difference between a pet dog and a human . ?
And who said free and democratic societies cant develop

I still don't understand what you are trying to point out. There are some blunders at the Chinese Olympics, but how does it relate to a failed society?. Another question would be, if the Olympics didn't happen does that mean it is not a "failed" society?.

Its not about few incidents, its about the mentality .. about the culture . but for you matter is more important then Mind

What is a human ? Mind or Matter ..
For you he is a Matter and for me its a balance between Mind and matter which makes a good human and his society .
Its mind which creates and manages every bit of this existence .

So you are saying lets not try for perfection ? trying for what we don’t have is human spirit . otherwise we are a beast .

A man without a proper sanitation can still be a good human by his behavior but a man with bad and arrogant behavior will be worst enemy of humanity even if he uses the best bathrooms of the world . Like Hitler did

Politics is the result of the culture of its society .society makes leaders and leaders influence its people .
A mature society will never allow a dictator to crush his own people for asking the basic human rights . if freedom and human rights were not the most important factor of human existence then no one would have fought for independence .

This point of puttinf freedom and human rights against development is a very childish argument .
My dear Friend a good culture result in better economy .. the richest societies are all democratic and they are more stable . a free mind can innovate and work better .

Then whats the difference between a pet dog and a human . ?
And who said free and democratic societies cant develop

Its not about few incidents, its about the mentality .. about the culture . but for you matter is more important then Mind

You made strong points. No doubt about it.

But going by this logic, every Chinese is the embodiment of Hitler or Mussolini. Does that sound right. Your logic works in small societies. It does not work out in a country with the largest population on the planet.

Raise your own country's game mate, before commenting on others.

what are you talking about? i am not the one comparing pakistan to china or USA.

This habit is of the indians, who think that India is of the same level as USA and China, and that delhi is like new york, mumbai like shanghai...

so as long as you keep comparing your backwater to teh world's most prospersous and worlds fastest growing economies, we have a right to comment on you big/pig-headedness.

what are you talking about? i am not the one comparing pakistan to china or USA.

This habit is of the indians, who think that India is of the same level as USA and China, and that delhi is like new york, mumbai like shanghai...

so as long as you keep comparing your backwater to teh world's most prospersous and worlds fastest growing economies, we have a right to comment on you big/pig-headedness.

We are among the worlds fastest growing economies. I am not going to post links to prove such a claim though.
India is also the 4th largest economy in PPP terms and 12th largest in nominal terms. That counts for something in a world consisting of 206 nations.

Back
Top Bottom