What's new

Is India our friend?

Seriously I wonder how many in Bangladesh is pro-Islamist and Pro-Pakastani, a few.

see bangladeshi people prefer pk more...

Bangladesh-Pak-supporters-584x399.jpg

what is your view on topic... is India friend or enemy .. or neither..:azn:
what abou you @Skies

I do not want to hurt you, but I gave my opinion in post#26 at page 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this flag. Bangladesh should re-instate this flag. What you Bangladeshi brother think of this idea. No dalal please.

it is my personal view that we should have kept the very flag that was the product of so much, even if we separated from west pakistan. nonetheless i think the current flag with the red circle can be improved, i am not particularly fond of its design. i would even say it does not justly represent our heritage and society. consider the Malaysian flag for example. i really admire that

I love this flag. Bangladesh should re-instate this flag. What you Bangladeshi brother think of this idea. No dalal please.

Good to see you friend.

Yes, we love patriotic Bangladeshis who are taking good care of the razakaars.

And yes, no razakaar dalal to change this. ;)

Is India our friend?

NO! the question is pointless

Is India a country we Bangladeshis have normal ties with?

Not if you think about it. There is too much baggage starting since 1947 with india that need major reconstitution

Is India our friend?

NO! the question is pointless

Is India a country we Bangladeshis have normal ties with?

Not if you think about it. There is too much baggage starting since 1947 with india that need major reconstitution

Dafuq you mean by that :what:. Still stuck in '47 are we?

na man, we have already abandoned the ideology of Pakistan. But i would like a clearer version of Bangladeshi nationalism, not shahbaggi murgi ideology. Flag is fine though

The definition of friendship from India

Accept transhipment, free access for transporting food grains and materials for setting up power plant in northeast

Reject Teesta and land border deal

We can change almost everything but it is impossible to change our neighbors. As of today sadly,there are two prodigious hindrances on the way of a cordial relationship between the two countries.The Indian leaders and bureaucrats have utterly failed to acknowledge the sentiments of common Bangladeshi people.River water is an intricate perennial problem between the neighbors and most importantly this subject holds a greater emotional value among the Bangladeshi people. The lethargic approach towards this issue leads the entire inner political atmosphere of Bangladesh to an unfriendly attitude towards the Indians. It is an axiomatic fact the present Bangladeshi Government has been able to deliver its best in terms of curbing anti-Indian sentiments on its soil.Perhaps its high time to pay them back with a balanced reward in the garb of a respectful water treaty.
On the other hand,the reactionary groups,particularly the fanatic religious elements poses grave danger not only to India but to the entire sub-continental region.Among the adolescents and the youths,the growing intolerance towards other religion,protest against Idol worshiping raises serious concerns not only among Indians but the liberal society in Bangladesh feels threatened by it.No one wants another religiously turmoiled contry in its neighborhood. For the sake of a prosperous and peaceful Bangladesh,perhaps its high time for AL and BNP to sit together and come to an common platform on the issue of handling communal extremism.

About the bolded part; even I had the same view before I came across the thread: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...across-teesta-india-will-ruin-bangladesh.html
Particularly the posts of @Roybot were extremely logical & technical....and BDs had no answer for them. Please read the entire thread before deciding on whether BD's demand for more water is a valid one. I believe if Mamata Banerjee had ever made any good decision, then this was the one.

There is so much that the two countries stand to gain, if together. And the funny thing is the issues between the two nations are not even as serious or existential in nature like the Kashmir dispute. A little push at the bureaucratic level, with the right leadership can help resolve so many outstanding issues.

BD is growing fast and provides excellent growth opportunities. India has a vast market. Opening it up to BD, through removal of trade barriers, will not only help restore trade balance but also deepen economic ties.

The geographical and cultural proximity should be used to bind the neighbors together.

BD is critical for bringing the estranged states of the North East into the mainstream.

Good post...but wasted effort. :) I doubt whether BD section of PDF is a suitable place to post long sane argument based on logic. :undecided:

Isn't that a common feeling under any negotiations, where you feel you could have gotten a better deal.

I think the most important issue between india and bangladesh is lack of effective communication, India has expectations from bangladesh and vice a versa , both sides expect the other side to deliver, and both sides under-perform, out of the frustrations of under-performing bilateral relations, if one side takes up the challenge to deliver on the expectations unilaterally, they are considered "biased", case and point AL.

The most important issue for India and Bangladesh needs to be effective resolution of immigration, where India needs to take the initiative to nullify border shooting. Mexico poses immigration issues to US, but us border patrol doesn't shoot at people crossing over illegally. I find border shooting incidences to be horrific and unjust and it needs to stop. On the flip side, bangladesh needs to help India curb illegal immigration from their side.

Another confidence building measure for Indo-bangladesh relations is internship program in indian companies, where bangladeshi students can come and work in India for 24 months and experience Indian professional environment, have a reasonable cultural exchange.

Bangladesh is a Muslim majority country, and due to the history of the region there is a false fear associated with muslim nation in traditional Indian rhetoric, and I think Bangladesh is the nation that can change that, if the relation is handled with maturity on both sides. Bangladesh needs to take a few steps to be more pro-India, which essentially means backing India in international forums and balancing china indian equation.

Again on the bolded part:
First: BSF had to shoot some 1000 illegal immigrants in last ten years, US shoots roughly 300-500 every year on US-Mexico borders.
US Mexico Border Deaths Are Increasing Report Says - ABC News
Migrant deaths along the Mexico
Many migrants who die crossing US-Mexico border are never ID'd | Take Two | 89.3 KPCC

Second, India has already restrained BSF from shooting on BD border. Result; now Bangladeshi smugglers and criminals are attacking BSF and fatally injuring them, knowing that they won't shoot. There are threads in BD section praising the criminals about their bravery for attacking BSF who were as good as unarmed because of the restriction on use of weapon, and also outnumbered.
Apart from the smugglers and illegal immigrants, dacoits also come from BD, commit crimes, rapes, murders, and cross back knowing that police can't track them over the borders....what about safety of our people? I can post news links for you if you want.

See the main thing is work needs to get done right ? If the Central Govt is ready but local Govt. opposing, then the easiest thing is to stop your co operation in any kind of developments which is in India's interest. If that's done, definitely the Central Govt. will look into the issue seriously and approach you. At that time you can put your claims. When they see it's affecting India's interest, they would definitely put pressure on local Govt. to get that done. If everything happens smoothly, why anyone will bother, what the other party is facing. Indians are not saints! All understand Business only, be it India or Rest of the World.

As explained above, WB Govt.'s stand on water treaty was a fair one. We cannot hurt our own people in an unfairly manner to have some superficial friendship with our neighbors. We awarded probably the world’s most favorable water treaty to Pakistan…..what have we gained? And in any case, whatever you do for BD is not good enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
As explained above, WB Govt.'s stand on water treaty was a fair one. We cannot hurt our own people in an unfairly manner to have some superficial friendship with our neighbors. We awarded probably the world’s most favorable water treaty to Pakistan…..what have we gained? And in any case, whatever you do for BD is not good enough.

No question of hurting our people! Definitely self interest is first! I'm sure universally everyone will agree to that. I had quoted a win win situation! A fair trade! It's not that India gives up own interest and serves Bangladesh and it's not as well, India takes all advantages from Bangladesh, showing back to them.

na man, we have already abandoned the ideology of Pakistan. But i would like a clearer version of Bangladeshi nationalism, not shahbaggi murgi ideology. Flag is fine though

Pakistani Ideology? You mean two nation theory based on Islamic principals? Please clarify.

I just understand the significance of red *** on the middle of current Bd flag?

Waaaaaaa?who in his right mind wanna change our national flag?and why?we are perfectly happy with our country and flag.why should we even contemplate such idiotic Idea is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom