What's new

Is India our friend?

see bangladeshi people prefer pk more...

Bangladesh-Pak-supporters-584x399.jpg

Don't mix politics with cricket. Whenever its India vs.Pakistan match,I support Pakistan.that does not mean I want to leave my country and settle in Karachi.or no reason to think we will become one once again.

na man, we have already abandoned the ideology of Pakistan. But i would like a clearer version of Bangladeshi nationalism, not shahbaggi murgi ideology. Flag is fine though

someone else mentioned it, you are grossly mistaken if you think we have abandoned the idea of a separate muslim country. and that applies to people who supported the violent separation of Bangladesh and Pakistan, and to those that opposed it. However i would say that we have once been forced to abandon the idea of a separate muslim country by getting stripped of all principles that separated our predominantly-muslim region from a secular-hindu region in the first place. in essence we might have still been geographically separate from india but in spirit we became one. and i have heard enough people who don't necessarily talk about say a confederation between BD and PAK, but go lengths on revamping such national symbols in line with true Bangladeshi nationalism

where are @BDforever and @Loki ... not a single vote for us? :cry:

Why do you need a vote. The general view in BD is that India is not a friend. It is a view based on our experience of general Indian hedgemonistic attitude.

We are neighbours, we can not change that. One hopes we become good neighbours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you need a vote. The general view in BD is that India is not a friend. It is a view based on our experience of general Indian hedgemonistic attitude.

We are neighbours, we can not change that. One hopes we become good neighbours.

That will be sufficient....even being "Neutral" neighbors will also do. "Friendship" is too heavy a word for two countries that got violently separated after a blood bath, purely based on religious incompatibility & hatred.

Why are so many of you Indians bothered with Bangladesh being friends India? The current gen see no relation with India/Indians, most of the current, well my generation see you as a mushreek/enemy country. You never gave birth to us, your intentions in '71 was not something out of affection but for personal gains and interest. Heck, 95% of the current Bengali generation in my area do not have the slightest clue that their is a Bengali state in existence in India!

Why are so many of you Indians botherd with Bangladesh being friends India? The current gen see no relation with India/Indians, most of the current, well my generation see you as a mushreek/enemy country. You never gave birth to us, your intentions in '71 was not something out of affection but for personal gains and interest. Heck, 95% of the current Bengali generation in my area do not have the slightest clue that their is a Bengali state in existence in India!

You have just insulted intelligence of your countrymen. Don't they have a TV and a radio?? Don't they have relatives across the border?? Don't they watch Tollywood movies?? How can you say so blatantly a lie?

someone else mentioned it, you are grossly mistaken if you think we have abandoned the idea of a separate muslim country. and that applies to people who supported the violent separation of Bangladesh and Pakistan, and to those that opposed it. However i would say that we have once been forced to abandon the idea of a separate muslim country by getting stripped of all principles that separated our predominantly-muslim region from a secular-hindu region in the first place. in essence we might have still been geographically separate from india but in spirit we became one. and i have heard enough people who don't necessarily talk about say a confederation between BD and PAK, but go lengths on revamping such national symbols in line with true Bangladeshi nationalism

Bangladesh has always been and will always be a Muslim country. We have abandoned the two nation theory

Bangladesh has always been and will always be a Muslim country. We have abandoned the two nation theory

what the mind wishes makes little difference. BD does not exist without the Lahore Resolution. what you essentially wrote is "we have become a part of secular India" which in all practically may be the case

what the mind wishes makes little difference. BD does not exist without the Lahore Resolution. what you essentially wrote is "we have become a part of secular India" which in all practically may be the case

No what you understood is certainly not what i wrote

I think you are not clear about what you are saying. Isn't abandoning two nation theory makes us NOT MUSLIM. Two nation theory basically imply that Musims and Hindus are two different type of people with different aim in life and after life.

Waaaaaaa?who in his right mind wanna change our national flag?and why?we are perfectly happy with our country and flag.why should we even contemplate such idiotic Idea is beyond me.

Explain me how current flag represent you as Muslim nation?

I think you are not clear about what you are saying. Isn't abandoning two nation theory makes us NOT MUSLIM. Two nation theory basically imply that Musims and Hindus are two different type of people with different aim in life and after life
Back in 71, we decided that hindus are people from Bengal too and we will protect them even if other Muslims unreasonably slaughter them

You can make your self believe what ever you want in your delusion mind, I think you've got my age wrong. Most of the Bangladeshis in the UK are of Sylheti origin. If you ask them about West Bengal they will have no idea what you are on about, secondly, they will be shocked/surprised that there are Hindu Bengalis. The Bangladeshi population in the UK is 99% Muslim. Hindu's are the last thing we associate with trust me.

Brit Pakistanis/Bangladeshis are most likely to associate with other Muslims, give dawah, etc. You will sometimes see some British Pakistanis hanging out with Indian Punjabis sometimes in university as their culture is alike, they share a lot in common etc.

No, most of Bangladesh DOES not have relatives across the border. Just because we border India doesn't mean we have relatives across the border you funny guy. I'm from the Sylhet region, all my family are in Bangladesh.

And of course, like most other South Asians some do watch Bollywood? Who said we don't? But like I said before, the younger generation strongly oppose Bollywood and other Indian material and that goes for British Pakistanis as well the younger generation strong oppose Indian material whilst their parents do watch it.

Back
Top Bottom