What's new

Is India on its way to becoming a superpower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look merely at the content of the OP in isolation, without the authors' names or media credentials, most Indians here would have jumped on it saying, "what's the need to mention poverty when talking about the ICBMs?".

I am not faulting Indians, merely pointing out that even mainstream media 'pundits' just repeat the usual formulae without saying anything new. The OP could have been written by any random poster on this forum.

Most of the article is fine except the Maoist part.

Also India is not even yet a global power, none of spokesperson of GOI have mentioned about India having intentions of becoming a superpower or global power.

I will say ..............please stop dreaming...and get to reality and don't just post these kind of threads.....first improve your economy (India is not even in comparison to China) and to dreaming about becoming Superpower. :hitwall:

I will say ..............please stop dreaming...and get to reality and don't just post these kind of threads.....first improve your economy (India is not even in comparison to China) and to dreaming about becoming Superpower.

India is not china... that exactly why we are thinking of the odds actually :woot:

IMO, one nation is a superpower once it joins permanent security council with veto, till then...

most Indians do not claim to be a future super power . its journalists and think tanks who declare us one.

most Indians are critical about our country . if you tell an Indian his country is one the way to become a super power , he will inevitable laugh in your face and then proceed to explain at great lengths why we are not . :lol:
so before Pakistani members here get upset (post #2) try to see where we are coming from .:)

I will say ..............please stop dreaming...and get to reality and don't just post these kind of threads.....first improve your economy (India is not even in comparison to China) and to dreaming about becoming Superpower. :hitwall:

I can say the same thing back to you. Pakistan is nowhere near the league of both India and China and you guys should worry more about combating your own problems in your backyard before partaking in 'superpower' discussions.

And so what if we are not China yet? We started more than a decade behind China, only liberalizing our economy in '91. We have achieved alot more in terms of unity, science, IT, space research than Pak has done, so please, keep those opinions to yourself.

We have done well till now, there is more to be done yes. But no need to throw mud on what we have achieved till now.

India is already Regional Superpower

however it is far from becoming global superpower, even if it has made lot progress

I really dislike all this talk of future superpower India. India should just look after achieving high economic growth, reducing poverty, developing sustainable development and protecting herself but away from the limelight. On the whole it has to be said the GoI (thanks to in a large part to MMS) India is going in this direction away from the aggression other emerging nations are displaying. It is only sensationalist fan-boys who keep going on about superpowerdom you won't actually hear any senior members of the government or military even uttering these words.. If India can achieve the above stated goals "Superpower" status will be achieved all by itself.

So far India is a super power In ASIA and no one can deny that

So India is the only country who is "non-P5 member" to have a ICBM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom