What's new

Is India Better-off With Partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congress Led Government gets Elected is the Best Testimony for India's Secularism.Because - India is a Hindu Majority Nation(and it is the Same Majority Hindus Who are Electing Them.Call them "kaangrezis","bootlicker", "Sickular" ,But Minorities Feel Safer under their Rule.Same With India's Economy too).
Narendr Modi Kind of People can be Acceptable for Many for His Developmental Activites for His State for eg.But Such People *May Be* are Having a Inherent Hatred and Agendas against Minorities.I agree Some Minorities will be Literally testing the Patience of Majority.
Still,India's Secularism Has to be Preserved.The Key Here is ,to Educate those Illiterate Religious Narrow Minded Souls and Make The Indian Society More and More Secular.I know ,I will be offending Right Wing Nationalists ..But to Witness a Developed India Faster ,This is the Way!

reunification is a noble goal, but one which will only come about through pressure from another source -- not a yearning to reconstruct what was once young. I, of course, talk of Globalization.

Europe spent hundreds of years killing itself over political lines drawn around kingdoms, then nations. Today Europe is one because of the need to be a larger Economic force in the World. (Of course, masterminded by powerful shadow governments)

The same is happening at a quick pace in North America. The North American union is being cleverly constructed for the same simplicity of Economic strength. Of course, it makes some new problems, while getting rid of older ones. (For example, illegal immigration is removed if Mexico is part of USA and Canada . . . and now you have a legal source of low wage labor)

It is not beyond the scope to see these best laid economic plans involve uniting other parts of the globe . . . one day South Asia may be one again. But not under a king, raja, sultan or flag -- but one currency.

Congress Led Government gets Elected is the Best Testimony for India's Secularism.Because - India is a Hindu Majority Nation.
Narendr Modi Kind of People can be Acceptable for Many for His Developmental Activites for His State for eg.But Such People *May Be* are Having a Inherent Hatred and Agendas against Minorities.I agree Some Minorities will be Literally testing the Patience of Majority.
Still,India's Secularism Has to be Preserved.The Key Here is ,to Educate those Illiterate Religious Narrow Minded Souls and Make The Indian Society More and More Secular.I know ,I will be offending Right Wing Nationalists ..But to Witness a Developed India Faster ,This is the Way!

We dont have to prove our credentials of securalism.We have been doing this for the last so many centuries.Its the Muslims who have to prove themselves otherwise I swear to god a wind is going to arise in this country where even the word secular will not be uttered for centuries.We have suffered enough for the last two thousand years and i for one am not going to suffer any more of this P.C crap of secularism where everything is expected from one sides.I have only one desh and nothing else.Anybody wants to take ithas to walk over my dead body.

reunification is a noble goal, but one which will only come about through pressure from another source -- not a yearning to reconstruct what was once young. I, of course, talk of Globalization.

Europe spent hundreds of years killing itself over political lines drawn around kingdoms, then nations. Today Europe is one because of the need to be a larger Economic force in the World. (Of course, masterminded by powerful shadow governments)

The same is happening at a quick pace in North America. The North American union is being cleverly constructed for the same simplicity of Economic strength. Of course, it makes some new problems, while getting rid of older ones. (For example, illegal immigration is removed if Mexico is part of USA and Canada . . . and now you have a legal source of low wage labor)

It is not beyond the scope to see these best laid economic plans involve uniting other parts of the globe . . . one day South Asia may be one again. But not under a king, raja, sultan or flag -- but one currency.

Read about the bans on hijab and minarets in europe.Read how parts of france and u.k have become muslim ghettos.Read about ban of hijabs in canada.Things our going in the opposite direction.Rose coloured glasses are not going to help.

Muslims, as minorities in other nations, have it rough. I know. That was not the point of what I was trying to suggest. After all, I see no appreciable way to have different cultures work together.

The European Union is filled with immigrants from all over. Same with North America. The European union was not formed as some utopia for people of all races / religions / languages of Europe (let alone the world) -- it was formed as a dream of Economists.

The same will happen in North America.

I have only discussed the machinations of finance and economics in my previous post. I did not touch on culture, or religion at all.

I've lived in a Muslim ghetto in the U.K. for 2 years. I've lived in US and Canada too. (and of course, I have lived some of my happiest times in Africa and South Asia) I don't think that unification SOLVES any of the problems you mentioned -- especially not for distant minority groups.

Muslims in Europe will be treated much differently than Muslims in some quassi-South Asian economic alliance would. This is obvious.

I'm not wearing rose coloured glasses though. I don't think unification makes any sense - or happiness - for anyone but economists. (Ancient India had one of the largest, if not largest, purchasing power in the entire world -- a South Asian free trade market and unified currency would be pretty strong today, let alone in 25 years of progress)

Additionally, I'm not advocating for reunification. At all. Best is to do best with what we have now, instead of playing 'what if' game.

I cant understand what some people are trying to defend by spewing venom at different religion - i dont even know where do right wings get an idea about someone taking away the country ?

Well as for my knowledge goes Hinduism is not a religion but a way of living - having said that cant we just take out extermisim and cherish the beauty of life and at the same time respect others beliefs at the end of the day we are all south asians!

Just cuz you have a different name or just cuz u do things certain it does not mean other who do things differently cant co exist,

Right wing politicians would be happy to see actually their strategy is working of divide and rule!

Its disheartening to see even the educated lot see things this way - no wonder thackerys still exist.

We dont have to prove our credentials of securalism.We have been doing this for the last so many centuries.Its the Muslims who have to prove themselves otherwise I swear to god a wind is going to arise in this country where even the word secular will not be uttered for centuries.We have suffered enough for the last two thousand years and i for one am not going to suffer any more of this P.C crap of secularism where everything is expected from one sides.I have only one desh and nothing else.Anybody wants to take ithas to walk over my dead body.

I didnt wanted to answer this, but i coudnt resist!

What is you and what is me ? what have u been doing for past so many years which i have missed out on ?

yeah i practice different religion but my roots have been here isnt ? and how is different from what you are doing ?

Iam a south indian i eat Idle in the morning so does my brother hindu who lives next door ?

Iam missing on the context of you and me ? i know north indians eat roti in the morning! but again so does hindu and so does muslims ?

Who is preaching you all this hate mate ? if could understand if you had said this to african or chinese! we even look same do same things - just cuz i wear different slippers than you iam different to you,

I read the lilliput story that two different kingdoms fought war for ages cuz they opened eggs from different sides!

Dont let people divide us - broad minded thoughts help -

I want to see india progress as you do!

sir,
like i said, anything is possible, india has enough problems as it is as you rightly quoted naxals, why go for something which we are not sure of how it ends? We would get involved in unnecessary issues in the arab world and elsewhere As for me a bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in a bush:azn: :cheers:

Where is arab shyte coming from ? iam talking about united india not getting into arabs and their shyte!

We can kill two birds by one shot, first a nasty neighbour called pakistan will work with us and be part us, so would be bangladesh, now that would solve most of the problems we face today, now if pakistan becomes part of united india china wont dare stirr shyte in our affairs so naxals would be flying to hell to meet up with their buddy comrades

Yeah Asians only south asians and India Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Afghanistan can stay seperately and iam happy to build a nother great wall to seperate the nation - i dont think i would need it anyway.

Last edited:
If it were in my hands, I would have made Modi as PM and Manmohan Singh as the finance minister. But unfortunately, I dont have those powers.
Care to explain what do you find good in Rahul Baba?

I have been following modi's development yeah he is a good adminstrator i would accept him as a PM if he unites india but not splits on the base of religion,
Having said that dividing india on the basis of religion has been BJP's agenda and i can see how successfull they are after reading some posts from our right wings!

Well yeah manmohan can be finance mstr, PC can be home minister, we need a stronger defence minister is it okey if i recommended someone like narayan murthy from infosys.

See we all think alike - we all want to see our country develop and others envy!

it was like they said a "utopian" debate. In my opinion we would have been much worse off, you guys seem to weigh this question in terms of what internal problems we're facing "today" or the economy and whatnot.

But for me even among all these terrorist blasts and all of this terror BS, when i was in Pakistan last year i felt at home and i wouldnt want it any other way.

India could never have and never will give the muslims that feeling of having something of their own and this isnt something i except the Indian muslims to understand, because they cant.

But i do feel very sad about what happened to punjab, it didnt deserve to bleed the way it did

If India would have one (no Partition) and when USSR invaded Afghanistan would it have helped USSR or USA , just a question ? United India would have been beneficial for USSR

Yes india is better off with partition and so is Pakistan.

Pakistanis are not like indian muslims at all, we are not afraid to tell a hindu that we are Muslims before anything and we rather side with Muslims from other countries than hindus.

Partition was the best idea ever although the way it happened was wrong like british awarding Muslim majority districts in Punjab, Ferozepur and Gurdaspur (that borders Pakistan) to india and today theres no Muslims left in those districts. Ferozepur housed a major arsenal, which was to be the only one in Pakistan territory, and was to ensure supplies to the Pakistan army. Originally Radcliffe, the person who made the borders of Pakistan and India, made Ferozepur and Gurdaspur part of Pakistan because it had Muslim majority (all Muslim majority districts in Punjab were to be given to Pakistan) but then Mountbatten awarded those districts to India which resulted in mass migration and slaughter and today theres no Muslims left in those district. Mountbatten then became the first governor general of India in 1947.

Last edited:
If India would have one (no Partition) and when USSR invaded Afghanistan would it have helped USSR or USA , just a question ? United India would have been beneficial for USSR

Well there is a other way of looking at it as well isnt ? if we had a united india i dont think either USSR or USA would have dared to capture afghanistan,

Thats other way of looking at it isnt ? we could have been as powerfull as what we are today 15 to 20 years ago.

Do we imagine how many precious lives and how many development years are lost cuz of this partition.

I believe in secular state but I am glad that there was a partition. We are living in peace atleast. Kudos to Nehru and Jinnah :cheers:

" Thanks to Allah SWT we are Not Indians & our elders took the Right decision at the Right time ! :pakistan: "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom