What's new

Is India a truly powerful country?

Sorry I do not get this logic. What have internal problems got to do with external issues?

China also has a lot of internal problems(Uighur, Tibet etc.) still it commands some respect in the world (although not from many of its neighbours like Japan, South Korea etc. )

India just cannot control its internal problems. While it has these weaknesses it cannot effectively convey power outwards. Unless it commands respect from its near neighbours it cannot be a regional superpower or a powerful country.

Seriously... never in my life had I thought I would be feeding a troll, but you sir, have given an idiotic reply!

When India can wipe out Pakistan completely through one invasion, then it is powerful.

But it can't.

So go trolololol elsewhere!

Tuahaa: Be honest here. It's not about wiping out through one invasion. The USA cannot invade India, not even Pakistan. Heck, they are struggling in Afghanistan and Iraq due to their lack of experience in asymmetric warfare.

India is much much larger than Pakistan in terms of size, population, economy, military, technology, heavy industry - heck, just about everything. What is the point in arguing that Pakistan and India are 'equal' and calling others 'troll'?

Munshi Saab, India might not be a big military/economic power yet I agree but we already are a soft power at least.

By soft power I mean our various agencies/industries/entities are constantly working to export the 'Brand India' throughout the world.

Perceptions count for a lot and our Bollywood/Media/Diaspora etc. do speak a lot about our soft power.

So many Pakistanis regard us as their enemy...yet...they watch our movies...their women watch our programs...their kids watch our cartoons...their youth follows our film stars.

This holds true for so many countries throughout asia including the Arab World (Bollywood is highly popular there)

THIS IS CALLED SOFT POWER.

Millions of tourists visit our country each year and with them they take back 'Brand India'

Military Power: We are at a stage where we can take care of our interests very firmly internally and to some reasonable extent externally as well. Our navy is already very active in countering the threat from Somali pirates. Our army has been involved in Sri Lanka with their govt.'s consent. Our Air force is also getting ready for the challenge.

Economic Power: Well this is so very obvious and hence I do not need to say much about it. In short, "We have arrived!"

So you see Munshi Saab we might not an international power yet in the true sense of the word but we are working towards it and we are on the right path and inshallah we'll get where China is in the next 10-15 years.

don't worry indians u will never be super power,before u will be pakistan will be a more power country than u in all field..
cry indians cry..:bunny:

scared-little-boy-cartoon-thumb7248295.jpg

munshi shaab what is the definition of powerful country.

Munshi Saab, India might not be a big military/economic power yet I agree but we already are a soft power at least.

By soft power I mean our various agencies/industries/entities are constantly working to export the 'Brand India' throughout the world.

Perceptions count for a lot and our Bollywood/Media/Diaspora etc. do speak a lot about our soft power.

So many Pakistanis regard us as their enemy...yet...they watch our movies...their women watch our programs...their kids watch our cartoons...their youth follows our film stars.

This holds true for so many countries throughout asia including the Arab World (Bollywood is highly popular there)

Millions of tourists visit our country each year and with them they take back 'Brand India'

Military Power: We are at a stage where we can take care of our interests very firmly internally and to some reasonable extent externally as well. Our navy is already very active in countering the threat from Somali pirates. Our army has been involved in Sri Lanka with their govt.'s consent. Our Air force is also getting ready for the challenge.

Economic Power: Well this is so very obvious and hence I do not need to say much about it. In short, "We have arrived!"

So you see Munshi Saab we might not an international power yet in the true sense of the word but we are working towards it and we are on the right path and inshallah we'll get where China is in the next 10-15 years.

Unfortunately to attain superpower or powerful nation status India will have to keep its near neighbours constantly destabilized. Its not your soft power that has brought India forward but your bureaucracy and intelligence services. That is a weak foundation on which to build a nation.

Let's look at power

Economically - In Asia and the world India would be in the Top 3 and Top 10 economies respectively and the economy is growing at a rapid clip.

Militarily - This is a tough one. I am pretty certain no one will be able to "conquer" India but it's not as if India can pull off an Iraq or Afghanistan kind of invasion either. Not that they were successful in the long run.

Culturally - Bollywood's power to project Indian culture can't be underestimated in a number of countries across Asia and even Europe. Not the U.S. though.

India just cannot control its internal problems. While it has these weaknesses it cannot effectively convey power outwards. Unless it commands respect from its near neighbours it cannot be a regional superpower or a powerful country.

@MBI.. I agree to your logic about controlling internal weaknesses and feel that a lot more needs to be done within India to make it happen.

But being a powerful nation, I believe involves much more than just influencing neighboring countries. There is a big economic factor attached to this status as well. At the end of the day, no matter how stable your govt is... no one will care about you if you don't show them the money.

The prime reason why the world is trying to compare India and China is because of the size of its market and economic growth. And being termed powerful has a lot to do with India allowing access to its own domestic market for these players.

Unfortunately to attain superpower or powerful nation status India will have to keep its near neighbours constantly destabilized. Its not your soft power that has brought India forward but your bureaucracy and intelligence services. That is a weak foundation on which to build a nation.

Ohh..i doubt it,your theory will work in practical ..there is only one superpower in the world, tell me how unstable are its neighbours?

In fact a country with unstable neighbors can hardly become a superpower, because instability is like a contagious disease, it spreads.

Let's look at power

Economically - In Asia and the world India would be in the Top 3 and Top 10 economies respectively and the economy is growing at a rapid clip.

Militarily - This is a tough one. I am pretty certain no one will be able to "conquer" India but it's not as if India can pull off an Iraq or Afghanistan kind of invasion either. Not that they were successful in the long run.

Culturally - Bollywood's power to project Indian culture can't be underestimated in a number of countries across Asia and even Europe. Not the U.S. though.

let me add to that -

Government - One of the most stable democracies in the world, not even one military coup in its history unlike our neighbors

Culture - Most diverse nation on the planet, period.

Religion - host to all major religions in the world, home to 120 million peaceful muslims.

People - has produced many of the greatest achievers in human history, from business, politics, literature, economics to the arts and humanities.

I can go on forever, I am not saying we are there yet but yes give us 10 more years.

as ABC news said, " India is a miracle"

I think you should check your facts first. What has India to gain by keeping its neighbors destabilized?... It will only create more problems for India... The more destabilized our neighbors are, the more threat we receive from them. Historically stable govts have always been a sign of peace and harmony.

Back
Top Bottom