What's new

Is Bangladesh becoming a Russian proxy state?

The basic flaw in your statement is that you overestimate Indian and underestimate BD. Who are we to let Russia in?? Russia is a much big player when it comes to international scenario. We are not in a position to let in or keep out countries like Russia.

No I think I have the measure of India about right ....

No right now under Awami League it's an Indian proxy state

You have been reading too much razakar propaganda.

1. Even Awami League run Bangladesh does not give India transit.
2. Bans Indian Bollywood films.
3. Buys Chinese military products.
4. Is accused by Tripura of hosting guerilla groups.
etc etc etc

We are an independent state and Indian influence is way exaggerated.

The day we buy Indian BRAHMOs or other Indian defence products then you can spout this nonsense..

No I think I have the measure of India about right ....

Nope.

Let us assume for the sake of argument that India is influential and can stop Russia from entering BD...but what are the alternatives it can offer to BD??

Can we supply 1000MW nuke reactor to BD? No.

Can we supply planes like Mig-29? No

Can we supply other weapon system? No.

So on what basis India can influence BD when it cannot supply these items which Russians are providing??

Don't spend too much time on refuting all this nonsense and James Bond style fiction.

Some facts.

1. The US is the most powerful external entity in Bangladesh and can, if it ultimately wants to, cause the downfall of any Dhaka administration.

2. The Russians are not even no.2 to the US but if anything no.4 after both Asian giants, China and India who have far more influence and far more interest in a regional neighbour.

3. The most ridiculous part of all this nonsense is the stuff about Russian access to the Indian sea via Bangladesh.

A: Bangladesh has no direct or indirect border with Russia.

B: Russia would have to go through central Asia > Afghanistan > Pakistan > India to get to Bangladesh.

or alternatively through another rival, China.

C: Russia cannot have a naval base in Bangladesh, as Bangladesh will never allow foreign bases on its soil.

The Americans have been trying for 60 years and have never been allowed to, even when Bangladesh was far poorer and weaker.

Munshi writes exaggerated nonsense, belittles people whom he thinks do not hob-knob with the corrupt Dhaka elite, boasts of his super-duper contacts and status and is engaged in continuous self-promotion.

The problem with all his misinformation is it gives an unstable image of Bangladesh, as some sort of scene of the "great game".

No India is the most powerful external entity in Bangladesh. Even though the US holds all the purse strings the AL still goes to India first. India does not see Russia as a threat so they permit it to have an interest in Bangladesh while blocking the Chinese, Americans and British. The Russians are now also pivoting to the Asia Pacific and a civilian port facility would be useful to them. It is unnecessary to have a direct land route to Bangladesh. Russia is not interested in a military presence in Bangladesh and certainly not a naval base which makes their presence more appealing to the Indians. The Americans have been trying for 60 years and have never been allowed to BECAUSE OF INDIA.

You have been reading too much razakar propaganda.

1. Even Awami League run Bangladesh does not give India transit.
2. Bans Indian Bollywood films.
3. Buys Chinese military products.
4. Is accused by Tripura of hosting guerilla groups.
etc etc etc

We are an independent state and Indian influence is way exaggerated.

The day we buy Indian BRAHMOs or other Indian defence products then you can spout this nonsense..

@ My dear friend, wait and see and then comment.

@ I still remember in 1996, once for the first time Awami Leaque came to power after long time, in that very year during the arms display at old airport on the eve of 21th November, I saw a lone but big enough arms display stall of Russian govt. I was surprized to see why only the Russian ??? Moreso, that display for our own army not other foreign country !!! Soon we found that AL govt bought a squadron of Mig-29 from Russia.

@ During that tenure of AL, secretly India supplied many detonator fuzes for grenates. Soon once BNP came to popwer all these defective detonator were destroyed. Indian contractors even tried to supply gun powder in our lone ordinance factory but could not.

@ India and Russia are a long time good friend. Indian whole Defence was being organised mostly with Russian armament. India had also bought some armament from the European market. Indian friendship with USA is not yet tested. USA hardly trust India in this regards.

Hasina has 12 months left in power.

Then she is most probably out.

Also she knows if she really antagonizes the US (thus the UK), where her son has property and businesses, and the UK where she has homes she is in trouble.

She merely chooses to upgrade relations with a much-ignored world power within the parameters that are possible.

@ If it is so then why she is not giving time to meet the American Embassator for the last three months. I give you another example, few days back Pakistan hosted a G-8 group meeting. G-8 is group of eight muslim majority country like Iran, Turkey , Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia and some other muslim country. THe Pakistani foreign Minister physically came and invited to our PM. Initially, PM accept the invitation but once Pakistan's FM left she said that she may not attend but definitely our FM Dipu Moni would attend. After 3 days the whole programe was cancelled. Is it the " Nomuna" of an independent and soverign country ? Can you tell me who is the man "Behind the gun" ?

@ If it is so then why she is not giving time to meet the American Embassator for the last three months. I give you another example, few days back Pakistan hosted a G-8 group meeting. G-8 is group of eight muslim majority country like Iran, Turkey , Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia and some other muslim country. THe Pakistani foreign Minister physically came and invited to our PM. Initially, PM accept the invitation but once Pakistan's FM left she said that she may not attend but definitely our FM Dipu Moni would attend. After 3 days the whole programe was cancelled. Is it the " Nomuna" of an independent and soverign country ? Can you tell me who is the man "Behind the gun" ?

Akmal Sahib....aaap kii PM tou nahin ayyiii paaar aaap hiii chakaar lagaaa leiteiii ! :undecided:

More sensationalist and alarmist nonsense from Munshi.

One of the reasons that Munshi posts stuff like this is to reinforce the image he seeks to potray himself of being a cut above other posters here and privy to "inside information", as is evidenced by his constant boasting of working for Bangladesh's secret intelligence agency, the DGFI.

How much can you trust someone when he openly goes online to talk about how he used to work for a secret agency.

Add to that his attempts to disparage other Bangladeshi posters who he feels do not have "contacts" like he does.

1. America can bring Bangladesh to its knees if it chose to.

It doesn't, and America is not fundamentally anti-Bangladesh and wants to see Bangladesh pursue the path that post-military Indonesia has of stable democracy.

2. Awami League politicians have been buying houses to escape from Bangladesh once they lose, these houses are in the US and west and not Russia.

3. Russia is approaching new markets to promote its economy, one such market is of course Asia's 5th biggest country Bangladesh.

Russia has also been upgrading relations with Pakistan.

4. A "proxy state" is one that is used by a greater power to do the dirty work of that greater power e.g. to militarily attack a rival.

Russia cannot use Bangladesh to attack any other state.

Russia cannot weaken Bangladesh's relations with the US. When I say Bangladesh here I mean Bangladesh the nation and society, and not the current Awami League government which has tension with the US over Muhammad Yunus and Grameen bank.

Russia cannot weaken Bangladesh's relationship with China.

Bangladesh is merely doing something sensible and that is to upgrade relations with what was the 2nd most powerful country in the world, and is now still on of the most powerful.

Hasina's regime will probably be out in 12 months anyway.

This is the best post of this entire thread..Thanks for your sensible reply...

Akmal Sahib....aaap kii PM tou nahin ayyiii paaar aaap hiii chakaar lagaaa leiteiii ! :undecided:

@ " Are bhai dil tu chaha ta hai, magar kia kare, bal bachche avi bare hogai hai, kharcha bohat bhar gia hai ????

@ " Aur sonao, tusu kaise ho je ? Bohat sal pahley, maine do panjabi filim dekhi thi, ek ka nam tha, "Dilade sode" aur ek " Bariam" (name of a girl).

@ My favaourite panjabi songs, " Sung balori rakh walia, asa dil tere nal lalia " and " "Meri chichi da, challa mahi laygia, ghar ja ke shikayiat lawangi ".

@ " Are bhai dil tu chaha ta hai, magar kia kare, bal bachche avi bare hogai hai, kharcha bohat bhar gia hai ????

@ " Aur sonao, tusu kaise ho je ? Bohat sal pahley, maine do panjabi filim dekhi thi, ek ka nam tha, "Dilade sode" aur ek " Barim" (name of a girl).

@ My favaourite panjabi songs, " Sung balori rakh walia, asa dil tere nal lalia " and " "Meri chichi da, challa mahi laygia, ghar ja ke shikayiat lawangi ".

Mashallah...Allah aap ke begum & bachoon ko salamaaat aur khushbaaash rakheiii ! :tup:

My Punjabi is not that good ! :cray:

Because we're ethnic Kashmiris...Urdu is spoken in our household as the mode of communication even though both of my parents are quite fluent in Punjabi with my Dad knowing more about Punjabi Literature then most ethnic Punjabis even more so than my Mom or her family (Punjabi Rajputs) ! :D

Mashallah...Allah aap ke begum & bachoon ko salamaaat aur khushbaaash rakheiii ! :tup:

My Punjabi is not that good ! :cray:

Because we're ethnic Kashmiris...Urdu is spoken in our household as the mode of communication even though both of my parents are quite fluent in Punjabi with my Dad knowing more about Punjabi Literature then most ethnic Punjabis even more so than my Mom or her family (Punjabi Rajputs) ! :D

@ I read urdu upto class seven as there were no Bengali Medium school in thoses days in West Pakistan. Bengali schools were there only in Karachi and Rawalpindi. So, I am very good in urdu both in reading and writing. About Panjabi well some how. I learnt little bit "Pushto" but it is difficult for me to learn though I was in Noshera for long 3 years. Many a times I visited Maree both Lower Topa and Upper Topa. Yes I remember once my father told me, " that peak is Muzaffarabad" closer to Kashmir.

@ One thing I want to tell you , donnot go with the idea that "Karakuram High Ways" was being exclusively built by the Pakistani only ? I tell you in those days there lot many, I tell you lot many Bengali Officers and "Jawans" who were directly involved in the construction of this High Ways. There were many who died there.

@ I read urdu upto class seven as there were no Bengali Medium school in thoses days in West Pakistan. Bengali schools were there only in Karachi and Rawalpindi. So, I am very good in urdu both in reading and writing. About Panjabi well some how. I learnt little bit "Pushto" but it is difficult for me to learn though I was in Noshera for long 3 years. Many a times I visited Maree both Lower Topa and Upper Topa. Yes I remember once my father told me, " that peak is Muzaffarabad" closer to Kashmir.

@ One thing I want to tell you , donnot go with the idea that "Karakuram High Ways" was being exclusively built by the Pakistani only ? I tell you in those days there lot many, I tell you lot many Bengali Officers and "Jawans" who were directly involved in the construction of this High Ways. There were many who died there.

Akmal Sahib mitiii paoooo ! Whether you guys want an apology or not you'd get one with us accepting everything that we're accused of done to the 3 million dead Bengalis & 300,000 Bengali women raped & India fighting a defensive war on behalf of the oppressed people of East Pakistan. The coming generations of Pakistanis are so gullible that they'd buy any 'other' narrative but our own as if that 'other' was gospel or the Koran & that superficial knowledge usually leads them to pissing on the ideology of Pakistan, its armed forces & our past with such nonchalance that it makes one weep ! Yes...its good to criticize & I am all for it but criticism shouldn't see one becoming the mouth-piece of another just because there are contradictions or omissions in what they taught you about we did ! Yes East-Pakistan wasn't just evil India out to get Pakistan & we messed up things on a monstrous scale but that shouldn't mean that you should accept everything that your critics pin to your head...investigate, ask, delve into documents from that time & then form your opinion instead of reading a half-arsed article quoting the same beat up 'facts' & 'figures' written by someone who was more interested in getting the month's paycheck when they were writing this article than they were at getting to the bottom of this.

Nope.

Let us assume for the sake of argument that India is influential and can stop Russia from entering BD...but what are the alternatives it can offer to BD??

Can we supply 1000MW nuke reactor to BD? No.

Can we supply planes like Mig-29? No

Can we supply other weapon system? No.

So on what basis India can influence BD when it cannot supply these items which Russians are providing??

............Indians have huge influence through dalali. I met a hindu bangali, he offered to pay a fairly large sum in a joint venture project, that man wanted to arrange a significant meeting from BNP with Pranab Mukherjee. This man has links with sonali Bank's MD, offered to easily pass a loan of a fairly large amount, has huge connections in BTCL, BTV and almost in every secretarial level. I never believed in this indian raw crap until i met him. India has infiltrated almost every major thing in Bangladesh. In his defense he is a nice guy, i even bought him a nice shirt during eid lol.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom