What's new

IRIAF Vs. PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
What defeated what in all previous war????????

In 1971, In Later part of war PAF refused to even face off Indian Air force and retreated to Airfields in the Interior.

Ground attack wing of Indian Airforce massacred a whole Tank Army of Pakistan in battle of longewala and Pakistan Air Force was too scared to come to rescue of their comrades.
LOL.....Looks like Indian media has brainwashed you well, in 1971, in the skies PAF ruled no matter what you say....on the western front..in the eastern pakistan..it was absolutely different...1 PAF squadron...vs 7-8 IAF squadrons ..... cut off from mainland Pakistan with more than 2000km....btw here are your kills and our kills...the numbers speak for themselves who rules the skies
PAF KILLS

Air Aces Homepage
IAF KILLS
Air Aces Homepage
Here the neutral airforce aces website from where you can view them
http://users.accesscomm.ca/magnusfamily/postw2mj.htm

I don't want to even start talking about what we did to you guys in 1965 airwar....lol

Ok, wow. I am surprised at the lack of reality you have. Let's correct what's mistaken in the above post. Let me ask you, I am sure you are a smart guy, do you REALLY think that Iran has or had or will in the next 10 years have enough force to even consider a direct confrontation with the Israelis and / or the Americans? I want you to read my statement three times and respond back with honesty. I am sure you have some. Blind patriotism causes a LOT of misconceptions and your post is a prime example.
You honestly think that the US and the Israel didn't attack Iran because of her so called military power and air defense? If the US Navy and the military wanted to, based on the recent history in your neighborhood, I think they'd achieve a No Fly Zone over Iran within the first 24 hours of initiating combat. Will there be a risk of casualties due to your air defense? Sure, some, not many due to the fact that know what to take out, when, how, etc. Most of your air defense is based on Russian technologies and TRUST me (or take a look at Iraq for example), we know how to turn them radars into rubble in no time.

The reason why Iran didn't get attacked was due to your neighbors. Yes, the Saudis, the UAE, etc, etc plus the Straight of Hormuz. These guys didn't want to engage in another war that would be lengthier and on their doorsteps and will impact the trade for a while as ships will be threatened. Now if risking civilian cargo ships is all you've got to showcase your midget submarines and little air force...than that's VERY brave of you. Keep scaring civilian ships as a bargaining chip. Very force projecting it sure is.
The US and Israel from a strategic standpoint wouldn't have any objective to really land attack Iran. That wouldn't serve the purpose. But they'd carpet bomb your military installations and be done. Anything beyond that from Iran would mean eliminating its air defense and the air force to rubble and whatever comes in the way.
That would be their objectives if I was creating an attack strategy on Iran. But the real issue would be when Iran goes nuts and attacks the Saudis and the UAE's (the Sunni area around her) and civilian ships from India, or China or Africa or from Europe. That's what stopped us.
Last but not least. Iranian fighter jets would RARELY be able to see a US plane in flight. Majority of these obsolete jets will become vapor-ware while parked along with their air defense radars. That's almost guaranteed as that's the first strategic object in today's warfare.
Recently, there was an event that was published in military reports. Two Iranian jets came WVR to a Global Hawk on a recon mission. Before they could fire a shot, an F-22 literally pulled up on their left wing from underneath (after flying directly underneath them for many miles and undetected. The pilot was checking out their weapons loads to see the new replica missile they were showcasing).
As the pilot pulled up on their left wing, he radioed them "you really ought to go home".... were the words echoed. That was it. The planes disengaged otherwise their airframes would probably disintegrate in the midair.
Rest assured, there will not be any "grave" consequences to this. You are allowed to keep running the fantasy mill. Just don't try to convert this into a reality as the truth is painful to feel, see and swallow at times.

I feel sorry for your brainwashed rhetoric, I do not blame you either, you zionist media machine blinds most Americans not only you, who seem to be projecting your fears and unbelief that Iran can sink your Aircraft carriers and best warships you have got in the Persian gulf and beyond. these are facts, they are showing them to you very often by testing very advanced missile systems.
Iranian generals have, on many occasions invited you to come fight or shut up, along with your proxy mosquito Israel, and you failed the invitations everytime, so either you are big mouths, scared or just because the 2 week long simulation in Florida in 2002 showed your generals that they had absolutely no chance of winning a war against Iran.
So the only thing left for you is to send some intercontinental ballistic missiles from the US itself or from nuclear submarines armed with nuclear warheads to defeat Iran(but those are meant for deterrence against nuclear armed countries), since no country in the region will assist you by providing you bases from where to lunch an attack that you can not sustain either, because those bases will be gone in a matter of seconds or minutes., and those countries will suffer more than the Americans watching it on CNN.
You can use the Diego Garcia airbase, but then your airplanes won't have the surprise effect it counts on and they will be downed before even reaching Iran.
Your navy ships will be sitting or moving ducks to the Iranian antiship missiles, torpedoes and mines.
Israel will be hit so hard, it will never be able to recover.
So, from where, do you want to attack Iran, let us say, just for an air campaign !?
These are the facts, not scenarios like yours, your generals and admirals know better how unsustainable the damage will be to the American forces to not want to engage in a war with Iran.
Another big plus for Iran, is its capability to close the strait of Hormuz at its own discretion, shocking the world economy, for political reasons and bombing all fuel supply pipelines to shock the American supply lines.
Your story about the encounter of an American F-22 and Iranian warplanes chasing the predator drone in the Persian gulf was dubbed by the media as an American fantasy movie. Some sources say the encounter was with some F-18s, some say it was f-15s and some f-22s !!! so everyone is asking the Americans to make up their mind about this fantasy movie.

And please do not get me wrong, since I like decent American people, not the outdated policies of the US government or what seems like one (Since I can see many, like the congress, the senate, the president office, the CIA, wall street, AIPAC and more, who are taking contradicting decisions based on their own agendas for the world and for the Americans too) , which most American people do not trust nowadays.

Last edited:
Although PAF is lacking in its fleet in every way due to funds.

But INSHA ALLAH, By the Grace of Almighty ALLAH, PAC will be producing about 100-150 JF-17s Block-II for PAF along with K-8s Block-IIs and Super Mushak as well.

I really don't know when BAF and Sri Lanka will place their orders of JF-17s as BAF needs to give orders of at least 30-50 of them and Sri Lank about 15-20.

I guess you guys missed out on probably the only time the two air forces met in a joint exercise and gunnery competition. Remember during this period in the late 70s, PAF was under severe sanctions while Iran was considered darling of the west.

Foreign Encounter - PAF Vs IIAF

In 1977, the PAF had a rare opportunity to demonstrate its marksmanship prowess in a competitive encounter with another air force. Group Captain Safdar who was then commanding No 23 Squadron narrates the story:

"While visiting our base Masroor in September 77, the CAS mentioned that during his recent visit to Iran, the Shah had inquired whether the PAF would be interested in hosting an armament competition with an Iranian Air Force fighter squadron. The CAS asked me if I would take on the Iranian squadron. Needless to say I was excited by the prospect. As a side issue the CAS promised a reward of Rs. 10,000/- to 23 Squadron if we won, and God help us if we lost!

"He instructed the ACAS (Ops) to extend all possible facilities to us in preparing an 8-member team which comprised myself, Squadron Leaders Javed Latif, Javed Qazi, Tahir Hussain, Imtiaz and Shams, and Flight Lieutenants Farhad and Khalid. Every F-6 Squadron was asked to lend 2 aircraft to 23 Squadron for the exercise and very soon we had nearly 30 F-6s at our disposal. I allotted two aeroplanes to each team member and instructed them to harmonize their aircraft themselves. Somiani range was reserved for us and each pilot was scheduled to fly two ground attack and two air-to-air missions per day. Within a month our performance improved significantly and we began to average 90% scores in strafing and over 50% direct hits in rocketry. Our air combat scores also improved proportionately.

"In October the Iranians flew into Masroor with their beautiful F-5Es. Compared to the F-6 the Northrop F-5E was a pretty sight, and incorporated the latest American technology of that time. I could sense that my pilots were a little apprehensive, but their urge to 'have a go' was stronger. The competition started and I led the first ground attack mission, followed by one of the Iranians; and thus we alternated through all the events. When final scores were declared we were delighted, for we had beaten the Iranians hands down both in air combat and ground attack.

"The next day we received a signal from the CAS congratulating the squadron and saying that we could collect Rs.10,000/- from the base accounts officer. But the base commander told me that since the competition had been a collective effort, the money would be claimed by the base. I was quite disappointed, as I had been planning to purchase some new furniture and rugs for the squadron for our forthcoming move to Samungli. I mentioned this to the ADC to the CAS, and told him what my base commander had said. Next day the accounts officer came and handed over Rs. 10,000/- to our squadron adjutant!"

@haman10, your air defense would be of not much use, use your brain when the air force is non existent and dead what would your air defense do...merely detecting is not enough when you have nothing to counter, surely iranian would be using AAA and obsolete SAMs which maybe a little danger but than Pakistan has anti radiation weapons as well.

It is like egyptian air force with no AIM-120 AMRAAMs but semi active bvr which they have to fire and keep the position constant to guide it to the target compared to the active fire and forget AIM-120.

There are alot of weapons Pakistan has not yet openly declared, regardless once IRIAF is destroyed and % of ground radars/SAM systems are targeted than PAF would freely be roaming in your air space. I have already told you iranian frustrating would go the extend after losing air war that the only thing they would do is use short range ballistic missiles and cruise missiles to compensate....not so professional when you lose air war to play without rule of thumb.

Last edited:
@haman10, your air defense would be of not much use, use your brain when the air force is non existent and dead what would your air defense do...merely detecting is not enough when you have nothing to counter, surely iranian would be using AAA and obsolete SAMs which many a little danger but than Pakistan has anti radiation weapons as well.

By the time their ground radars pick up our fighters, they will realize there is a ARM heading there way. PAF has been practising SEAD Operations for the past 40 years.

Sir, you are the one who seems to be hurt and too nationalistic, this is indeed a mature discussion, so please show a bit of maturity in your discussion by bringing up general facts, not by just bashing everything not corresponding to your own opinion of things.
We are talking about the 5th generation of Saeqa not as a 5th generation plane, it might be a 4th generation plane since the Iranian Generals say that it competes with the F-18 and has tested stealth capabilities on top of that.
It takes a lot of expertise to modify an airplane design and still have it fly, or better yet, have it fly and behave better.

There are different threads on the Qaher-313 where you can find different answers to your comments for engine, avionics and so on. When the President of a respected nation comes on International media to introduce a Fighter plane, that is no joke, it should be taken at face value. Iran is no banana republic as you seem to think. I am not An Iranian National, just an objective person.
Both Iran and Pakistan are dear to me as nations, so I do not find it relevant to compare the two air forces, since we do not know much about the Iranian one apart from some speculations here and there, while the Pakistani air force is well publicised for its quality of airplanes as well as their pilots.

Are you doing this on purpose? Saegah having stealth capbilities? The F-5 with just twin tails makes it an F-18? The iranian generals have used an F-18? How is your plane stealth? I do not find this comparison at all logical but man Qaher has not been developed yet so we cannot compare them.

Iran has managed to keep F-14 Tomcats combat ready is a marvel in its own. This speaks to IrAF testament but bro Saeqah is not an F-18 competitor. It doesnt have the radar range, msx load takeoff, engine thrust weight ratio (TWR) or the range or missile systems.

In the end Iran and Pakistan are friends no matter how idiotic statements that arise from Iran's side sounds at times.

Last edited:
IRIAF is a no match for PAF.

IRIAF only has outdated equipment, and lacks a backbone fighter to rely on.

PAF got the F-16 as their backbone, and there is no fighter in the IRIAF fleet to counter it.

I may sound harsh but looking at the posts of a senior Iranian member, we can guess the situation that prevails in Iran.The stupid sense of superiority and delusion that has been fed into the minds of Iranian people by its mullah govt. No wonder if they believe that Iran can annihilate Israel.
Iranian pride is something which is a historical fact in the known time. it is something we can use because we lack it a lot.
I see we are constantly bashing and mocking them for their dated aircrafts.
yes there is no comparison and most likely it will be a duck shoot to put it mildly but the risk of defeat doesnt stop proud nations to prepare for war at least and die trying instead of what our current government is doing regarding its pants down policy with TTP

Iranian pride is something which is a historical fact in the known time. it is something we can use because we lack it a lot.
I see we are constantly bashing and mocking them for their dated aircrafts.
yes there is no comparison and most likely it will be a duck shoot to put it mildly but the risk of defeat doesnt stop proud nations to prepare for war at least and die trying instead of what our current government is doing regarding its pants down policy with TTP

Them sitting on a petrol tank they have leeway to shout and shout. We dont, so we have to be very very diplomatic. Unlucky us or maybe lucky because we always had to make do. And this has made us competitive, robust, powerful and deadly.

If we in those times could kick *** of F-5s in F-6's then doesnt that speak to our testament as a virility of our nation. It's good thing to have pride, but the thing they pride on is prehistoric. Their love for country also blinds them to levels of ridiculousness that is unparalleled. Love for nation is admired but not to go all apay se bahir.

What does Iran do? Threaten to bomb civilians ships incase of an attack on them. Close shipping lines for ships, and cargo vessels? This isnt pride, this is bullying. Well they themselves get bullied then.

Either airforce is strong enough to defend their airspace, but neither has the numerical superiority and quality to do a Desert Storm style SEAD (The U.S mobilized 2000 4th generation fighters and lost 57 jets).

Are you doing this on purpose? Saegah having stealth capbilities? The F-5 with just twin tails makes it an F-18? The iranian generals have used an F-18? How is your plane stealth? I do not find this comparison at all logical but man Qaher has not been developed yet so we cannot compare them.

Iran has managed to keep F-14 Tomcats combat ready is a marvel in its own. This speaks to IrAF testament but bro Saeqah is not an F-18 competitor. It doesnt have the radar range, msx load takeoff, engine thrust weight ratio (TWR) or the range or missile systems.

In the end Iran and Pakistan are friends no matter how idiotic statements that arise from Iran's side sounds at times.

My assumptions are based on the fact that Iran had the most sophisticated warplane in the first place to have ever flown, that is the F-14 TOMCAT that was way ahead of its time, it had what we call today BVR capabilities and the phoenix missile to match It, it had a radar that could pick up 24 targets at 300 km at shoot down 6 at a time, it had variable geometry of the wings and much much more. It was by todays standards already a forth generation all weather, all conditions, and all multi-roles fighter. Everyone else aspired to have some of its tech, and the results are the modern 4th generation fighters that you see all over the world.
So, the fact that the Iranians had access to this technology in the late 70's should testify to their capacity to master the most advanced technologies and prove it in action.
The F-18, if you do your search was inspired by the F-5 (F-20 tiger shark) the best small and affordable fighter of all time.When it comes to stealth technology, there are many variants, the only thing to hold in your mind is that Iranians do not lie. They have tested their stealth technologies against the best radars out-there in their possession and found out that the Saeqa could disappear from those radars views when deploying it stealth capacities.

F14-Tomcat-Wallpapers15.jpg

6f14g.jpg

F-14+silhouette.jpg

f-14-tomcat.jpg

northrop-f5-freedomfighter-tiger.jpg

The F-5 looks like the PAF F-17...Inspiration !!!

Last edited:
I don't know y they want to Compare IRIAF with PAF.. if Iran want's to compare it's AirForce then they should do it with Israel and Saudi's cause they want to attack Iran and are enemies of Iran... Israel already gave Order to be ready to attack on Iran... But still they may have the SAM's to counter us but they lack aircraft and AWAC's

My assumptions are based on the fact that Iran had the most sophisticated warplane in the first place to have ever flown, that is the F-14 TOMCAT that was way ahead of its time, it had what we call today BVR capabilities and the phoenix missile to match It, it had a radar that could pick up 24 targets at 300 km at shoot down 6 at a time, it had variable geometry of the wings and much much more. It was by todays standards already a forth generation all weather, all conditions, and all multi-roles fighter. Everyone else aspired to have some of its tech, and the results are the modern 4th generation fighters that you see all over the world.
So, the fact that the Iranians had access to this technology in the late 70's should testify to their capacity to master the most advanced technologies and prove it in action.
The F-18, if you do your search was inspired by the F-5 (F-20 tiger shark) the best small and affordable fighter of all time.When it comes to stealth technology, there are many variants, the only thing to hold in your mind is that Iranians do not lie. They have tested their stealth technologies against the best radars out-there in their possession and found out that the Saeqa could disappear from those radars views when deploying it stealth capacities.

F14-Tomcat-Wallpapers15.jpg

6f14g.jpg

F-14+silhouette.jpg

f-14-tomcat.jpg

northrop-f5-freedomfighter-tiger.jpg

The F-5 looks like the PAF F-17...Inspiration !!!

HAHAHAHAH WTF? Saeqah deploying stealth features? How old are you? 10? Come on you dont know the basics of aeronautics i cant discuss with you. Which radars did you test on? Magic Flying RADAR 3000?

Cant waste my precious time on you.

@gambit if you could please be kind and answer his post. No matter how much i try to explain he cant get it in his head.

HAHAHAHAH WTF? Saeqah deploying stealth features? How old are you? 10? Come on you dont know the basics of aeronautics i cant discuss with you. Which radars did you test on? Magic Flying RADAR 3000?

Cant waste my precious time on you.

@gambit if you could please be kind and answer his post. No matter how much i try to explain he cant get it in his head.

Do you realy think your post has any value to it, along with your time, comments and personnality ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom