What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I was thinking you were talking about both image because i originally posted the two at once
I am not an expert in jet engines, one user in my original post having the two images was suggesting RD-33 but he was probably alluding to the bottom one, then Piet repost the above image which is what you suggested R-11 etc, confusion from me
Were you were not thinking at all because it is obvious to which engine I refer, you could have done research because you don't have to be an expert on jet engines.

As I said, all one has to do is look at what aircraft Iran has and then look at jet engines of respective aircraft that they have in their inventory. Literally minute of work.

WP-13F of F-7N
RD-33 of MIG-29

A mockup of AIM-7E2 was shown as "Arash" BVR missile. Never has been seen again.

Too true.

I just wonder if this is one of those occasions where Iran shows the World something that it wants it to see. That is, while the real thing is coming together behind the scenes.

Only additional images will put this to rest.

P

Too true.

I just wonder if this is one of those occasions where Iran shows the World something that it wants it to see. That is, while the real thing is coming together behind the scenes.

Only additional images will put this to rest.

P

My guess will be as good as yours but here it is:

At worst, hypothetically, IRIAF may have contracted one of the SSJ-connected solid-fueled missile turbojet makers to overhaul the existing AIM-7E2 stock. We know that IRIAF, other than Fakour-90, maintain some 35 x thoroughly overhauled AIM-54 labeled as "AIM-54+". In 2020 the LR-BVR stock for Tomcat fleet was made of 100 x Fakour-90 and 35 x AIM-54+. Not sure what have they done in last 3 years (Reference "Persian Cats gets new Claws: Key-Aero). But the point is they have a habit of overhauling old missiles. AIM-7E2 stocks survived the war in good numbers. Considering that IRIAF has very less money to maneuver around even with local suppliers of tech within Iran, I would say this option is totally likely. It happened before with AIM-9J being overhauled, upgraded (seeker, motor) and designated as "Fatter"

At best, Arash could be to AIM-7 what Fakour-90 has been to AIM-54, a different newly designed body with some aerodynamic similarities with the Sparrow family. It could be a new ARH seeker with ECCM, maybe a dual seeker, with new more efficient solid fuel motor. With this configuration, it could turn out to be something in the class of AIM-120C for Kowsar, F-14A/AM, F-4E/D Dowran who all can launch BVR attacks.

Last edited:
My guess will be as good as yours but here it is:

At worst, IRIAF has contracted one of the SSJ-connected solid-fueled missile turbojet makers to overhaul the existing AIM-7E2 stock. We know that some IRIAF, other than Fakour-90, maintain some 35 x thoroughly overhauled AIM-54 labeled as "AIM-54+". In 2020 the LR-BVR stock for Tomcat fleet was made of 100 x Fakour-90 and 35 x AIM-54+. Not sure what have they done in last 3 years (Reference "Persian Cats gets new Claws: Key-Aero). AIM-7E2 stocks survived the war in good numbers. Considering that IRIAF has very less money to manuver around even with local suppliers of tech within Iran, I would say this option is totally likely.

At best, Arash could be to AIM-7 what Fakour-90 has been to AIM-54, a different newly designed body with some aerodynamic similarities with Sparrow family. It could be a new ARH seeker with ECCM, may be a dual seeker, with new more efficient solid fuel motor. It could turn out to be something in the class of AIM-120C for Kowsar, F-14A/AM, F-4E/D Dowran.
My thoughts as well.

Regarding AIM-7 type air frames, I was surprised that GIDS (Pakistan) showed their new apex-to-be FAAZ-2 AAM, with such an airframe -

I queried this in a Pakistani thread as the PAF did not operate AIM-7. A poster helpfully pointed out that Pakistan do in fact deploy several (100's) SPADA-2000 SAM's. These came from AIM-7 AAM -> Aspide AAM ->SPADA. Since they are hardly going to dismantle their SPADA's to turn these into AIM-7/ASPIDE clones, their best bet would be surplus Chinese PL-11's. An Aspide clown.... .

Why they do not continue with their FAAZ RF & IIR PL-12 (SD-10A) clones that already has a range of 100km each, is a big unknown to me. The following was snipped from

1693500361560.png

You make a valid point regarding a new more efficient solid fuel motor referencing ARASH <--> AIM-7. That is, when the existing AIM-7s undergo their 'transplants'. For instance, Iran managed to increase the recently unveiled Sayyad-4B’s range by 50% viz-a-viz that of the original Sayyad-4A SAM, by inter-alia utilizing hybrid solid fuel.

Something to mention as well. Seems that Iran's Sidewinder-9X' Azarakhsh look-alike will, or already has, enter service with the s.c. Tactical Sayyad system. If this is indeed the case what happens to the legacy-shaped Sidewinder -> Azarakhsh-2? Hope this does not turn into another Raad/Sayyad situation.

1693501916025.png

P

Perhaps their delivery is tailored exclusively to being SU-35 trainers which would mean that the deal is still on?

I can only imagine in that case that Kowsar will serve in a CAS/light-fighter role (and maybe advanced trainer) and Yasin being a novice/general trainer.

My two cents

Perhaps their delivery is tailored exclusively to being SU-35 trainers which would mean that the deal is still on?

I can only imagine in that case that Kowsar will serve in a CAS/light-fighter role (and maybe advanced trainer) and Yasin being a novice/general trainer.

My two cents
Yak 130 is the trainer for russian aircraft.

Yasin and Kowsar will have their own derivatives.

My two cents
Most likely,for 4++ gen aircraft like SU 35, you need Russian made modern advanced trainer,even some Iranian pilots already got training in Russia,Iran still need capability to train more pilots ,that is why they are insisting on SU35 simulators. Simulators are extremly hard to built,only few countries produce simulators,Iran produce simulators but for aircrafts it operate for years...

If the Yak-130 has indeed arrived, this means that the delivery of the Su-35 is expected. These aircrafts as training jets are primarily needed to train pilots of modern Russian fighters, especially Su-35 and Su-57 as single-seat fighters.

Last edited:

My two cents
yak-130 flight characteristic is nowhere like su-35 even the electronic and everything else is different
its only a fairly modern advanced trainer just like any other advanced trainer

Fantastic news. Thanks go out to our Russian brothers.
no confirmation or video or photo just some random unnamed reports and that is fantastic ?:undecided:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom