What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

The RD-33 in the pic looks new, yes, but maybe it is only an overhauled one and not a fresh produced one. But who knows cause the ability is there
That's the point, if every picture meant a product, then now we had the SS100 and MC21 as well!

The inner circular wing looks a lot like the old Eurasia / Mukhamedov designs albeit not as prominent.

View attachment 948187

PS: modified from this one?

View attachment 948188 View attachment 948189

You beat me to it, that's what I thought as well. I'm sure this was originally a Mig design concept in the 80/90s.

It's the Mig LFI concept I'm thinking of.

1692880804811.png

Last edited:

This is not a working assembly line, not a single tool or equipment, just a few technicians standing here and there.

IRIAF has no budget to mass produce a plane that will need atleast roughly 15-17 million USD to come into service. The plane is not bad at all but IRIAF lacks $$. With a budget in the range of 200-400 Million USD/Year they can not afford 12 planes a year which may cost them some 180 Million.

Even if they put out a prototype of a 5th-generation fighter, the branch just does not have the bank account to purchase anything. IRGC takes the chunk. IRGC AF alone has a budget of roughly ~1 Billion USD. I posted the breakdown some days ago.

Last edited:
My bad, I didn't check the date on that tweet.

Last edited:
This is not a working assembly line, not a single tool or equipment, just a few technicians standing here and there.

IRIAF has no budget to mass produce a plane that will need atleast roughly 15-17 million USD to come into service. The plane is not bad at all but IRIAF lacks $$. With a budget in the range of 200-400 Million USD/Year they can not afford 12 planes a year which may cost them some 180 Million.

Even if they put out a prototype of a 5th-generation fighter, the branch just does not have the bank account to purchase anything. IRGC takes the chunk. IRGC AF alone has a budget of roughly ~1 Billion USD. I posted the breakdown some days ago.
Your statement on the IRIAF budget is pure bullshit and will remain false in fact. They have more budget than you think and it's very easy to see. It's quite impressive as bullshit, really! Reality overwhelms you, and we'll do that very soon by the way. And there are more planes built, that's very clear

Yet strangely they seem to have the money to waste on things like the kaman 22,not to mention the costs of reactivating and operating the f1 fleet even tho they make no attempt to make any practical use of it.
I think leadership,or rather the lack of it,has always been the problem at the heart of the iriaf,and I think that problem would still persist no matter how much of a larger budget they were given.

Yet strangely they seem to have the money to waste on things like the kaman 22,not to mention the costs of reactivating and operating the f1 fleet even tho they make no attempt to make any practical use of it.
I think leadership,or rather the lack of it,has always been the problem at the heart of the iriaf,and I think that problem would still persist no matter how much of a larger budget they were given.
Kaman-22 is one of the few drones that can carry 200km range cruise (Heydar-1/2) missile and completely made for electronic warfare

What is up with that myth that Iran Mohajer/Kaman-22 drones are just meant for patrolling and only have 10km range missiles?

Kaman-22 is one of the few drones that can carry 200km range cruise (Heydar-1/2) missile and completely made for electronic warfare

What is up with that myth that Iran Mohajer/Kaman-22 drones are just meant for patrolling and only have 10km range missiles?
I`ll believe those claims about the kaman 22 when I actually see it being done.
Right now all I see is something that looks like a larger,heavier,less capable mohajer 6,ie fixed landing gear,the smaller optronics turret from the ababil 3,and from the looks of it the rotax 912 powering it.
Now perhaps the kaman 22 versions that have been produced so far are just prototypes and the ultimate mass production version will have retractable landing gear,decent optronics and a new more powerful engine.Tho if that is the case then its probably going to take years before we see the final combat ready product,and by that time drones like the shahed 149,mohajer 10 and ababil 5 will already be in service in some numbers.
I cant help but think that it would have been a lot easier for the iriaf to have adopted proven drone designs and then worked with the manufacturers to integrate airforce designed weapons like the heydar or akhgar with those designs,rather than going to all of the trouble of trying to design its own drones as well,which often just results in pointless duplication of effort,and with it a waste of resources,and sadly often just results in an inferior product as well.

I`ll believe those claims about the kaman 22 when I actually see it being done.
Right now all I see is something that looks like a larger,heavier,less capable mohajer 6,ie fixed landing gear,the smaller optronics turret from the ababil 3,and from the looks of it the rotax 912 powering it.
Now perhaps the kaman 22 versions that have been produced so far are just prototypes and the ultimate mass production version will have retractable landing gear,decent optronics and a new more powerful engine.Tho if that is the case then its probably going to take years before we see the final combat ready product,and by that time drones like the shahed 149,mohajer 10 and ababil 5 will already be in service in some numbers.
I cant help but think that it would have been a lot easier for the iriaf to have adopted proven drone designs and then worked with the manufacturers to integrate airforce designed weapons like the heydar or akhgar with those designs,rather than going to all of the trouble of trying to design its own drones as well,which often just results in pointless duplication of effort,and with it a waste of resources,and sadly often just results in an inferior product as well.
Heydar installed on what looks to be Shahed-149 and Mohajer-6/Kaman-22

The hoax of Iran drones being only capable of bringing 10km range hellfires was a myth made by Oryx Turkish "analysis" of Iranian drones, a long time ago in 2019
FT1naiKXEAIlB4q.jpg

Screenshot_864.png

I had already mentioned that Iran was working on at least 5 different combat aircraft, I'm really starting to get it right here. People here criticize the fact that industries work in parallel like drone planes and more but for me, it is a great strength. Because parallel designs means new ideas, different designs, different inspirations. It's not a waste of money in the long run but a great investment. It's bearing fruit and it's healthy competition in inventions.

The kowsar Project is constantly evolving, in new electronic systems, in new radars, in new missiles, bombs, on-board drone, new cell design, improved cockpit, artificial intelligence, anti-radiation paint and more. I also mention the manufacture of new more efficient engine. There is the project of the new improved Shafaq, the projects of the F-313, Yasin, heavy fighter. The upgrade fleet of F-5 modernize and other aircraft.

it seems to have several assembly lines so when we see all this, it is clear that the budget of IRIAF is bigger than we imagine. I look forward to the day that we are presented with a pack of underground planes with several new planes, it will hurt the ego of some people here on the forum. I feel that it will happen one day.....

I had already mentioned that Iran was working on at least 5 different combat aircraft, I'm really starting to get it right here. People here criticize the fact that industries work in parallel like drone planes and more but for me, it is a great strength. Because parallel designs means new ideas, different designs, different inspirations. It's not a waste of money in the long run but a great investment. It's bearing fruit and it's healthy competition in inventions.

The kowsar Project is constantly evolving, in new electronic systems, in new radars, in new missiles, bombs, on-board drone, new cell design, improved cockpit, artificial intelligence, anti-radiation paint and more. I also mention the manufacture of new more efficient engine. There is the project of the new improved Shafaq, the projects of the F-313, Yasin, heavy fighter. The upgrade fleet of F-5 modernize and other aircraft.

it seems to have several assembly lines so when we see all this, it is clear that the budget of IRIAF is bigger than we imagine. I look forward to the day that we are presented with a pack of underground planes with several new planes, it will hurt the ego of some people here on the forum. I feel that it will happen one day.....

You seem to have classified data. Your assumptions are really true about F.5 production,
for now there are 2 points we can see:

The cell of Kowsar is optimized-
There are some industrial capability to make iranian F-5s-

Hope you can give more details, or impressions you have upon analysis of all this images evidences. What about the heavy jet program? what about the 2 different version of Qaher?

Qaher must be done already, Iran plays with their prestige ad must be a technological jump. Hope we are not deceived with this.

You seem to have classified data. Your assumptions are really true about F.5 production,
for now there are 2 points we can see:

The cell of Kowsar is optimized-
There are some industrial capability to make iranian F-5s-

Hope you can give more details, or impressions you have upon analysis of all this images evidences. What about the heavy jet program? what about the 2 different version of Qaher?

Qaher must be done already, Iran plays with their prestige ad must be a technological jump. Hope we are not deceived with this.
I have no classified data. I have been following Iran's military activities for years, I cross-check and synthesize information and I use my intelligence and my intuition to construct my analyses. I also use announcements from the leaders of Iran and many clues here and there to think about.

The announcement of the official construction of the heavy fighter was announced in 2020. I know very well that Iran in their announcement process is between 4 and 8 years in advance, it can sometimes exceed 8 years. A general had said that the F-5 would have the Kowsar upgrade, I'm not making this up here. Iran gives a lot of clues and sometimes very subtly and it's exciting. I had announced a week and a half in advance the announcement of an underground park of fighter planes, I felt intuitively by small clues here and there.

In my opinion, they will present a completely new group of combat aircraft that will make the forum react. I feel it coming, they give small clues, it's up to you to decipher.

I have no classified data. I have been following Iran's military activities for years, I cross-check and synthesize information and I use my intelligence and my intuition to construct my analyses. I also use announcements from the leaders of Iran and many clues here and there to think about.

The announcement of the official construction of the heavy fighter was announced in 2020. I know very well that Iran in their announcement process is between 4 and 8 years in advance, it can sometimes exceed 8 years. A general had said that the F-5 would have the Kowsar upgrade, I'm not making this up here. Iran gives a lot of clues and sometimes very subtly and it's exciting. I had announced a week and a half in advance the announcement of an underground park of fighter planes, I felt intuitively by small clues here and there.

In my opinion, they will present a completely new group of combat aircraft that will make the forum react. I feel it coming, they give small clues, it's up to you to decipher.
Greetings

This is about the same method I followed for years whilst investigating my own countries nuke development program,

Besides verbal hints etc.,. I scrutinized the two main Sunday papers down here - the classifieds - for jobs being advertised by Armscor, affiliates, contractors et al.

By just looking at the skillz they were looking for, after a while started filling in the bigger pic piece by piece.

There is of course also safety for oneself in doing one's research 'passively'.

P

Back
Top Bottom