What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

upload_2020-8-19_7-15-11.png

The Turbofan engine they plan on showcasing is a 4th Gen mini turbofan engine used on UAV's!

It could be Iran's reverse engineered version of the Rq-170 engine!

i want to say maybe? but maybe not? :what::undecided:

EfxLhhsWsAISkdb
Very likely I think,but obviously modified for drone use,ie a restart capability and possibly an extended lifespan by de-rating its output somewhat,conversely you could increase its output for a shorter lifespan.

View attachment 662061

The Turbofan engine they plan on showcasing is a 4th Gen mini turbofan engine used on UAV's!

It could be Iran's reverse engineered version of the Rq-170 engine!

That "4th gen." detail might be a giveaway that it is really the RQ-170 engine.

If true I look forward to see a 4-engine RQ-170 unmanned bomber variant that carries 6 2500km range Soumar cruise missiles.
This would create Iranian strategic/intercontinental aviation.

Very likely I think,but obviously modified for drone use,ie a restart capability and possibly an extended lifespan by de-rating its output somewhat,conversely you could increase its output for a shorter lifespan.
well its most certainly better than to Toloe 4 mini jets , ohhh lets face it we are just upset because of the whole RD33 thing.

Iran launches new engine for Kowsar fighters and new turbonfan engine for its drones

The Iranian Minister of Defense announced that on Thursday, August 20, President Hassan Rouhani will inaugurate the production line of “Owj” engines designed for Kowsar fighter jets, as well as new products related to ballistic missiles.

Brigadier General Amir Hatami said that on Wednesday (August 19) he presented a report to the Council of Ministers on the country’s defensive situation and the activities of the defense industry.

"The Owj engine prototypes designed for Kowsar fighter jets have already been successfully tested and President Rouhani will inaugurate the production line on Thursday," he added.

The Minister of Defense added that a new turbofan engine designed for drones will also be unveiled in the presence of President Rouhani. It is, according to General Hatami, a fourth-generation engine, first manufactured in Iran. He said that this engine will be installed soon on various types of also domestically made drones.

General Hatami declared that this new type of turbofan engine is installed on the most sophisticated drones in the world and that its use to equip Iranian drones would considerably increase the power and the capacities of these drones which will thus pass from the category from the third generation to that of the fourth generation.

As for the two products related to ballistic missiles, General Amir Hatami said specific information would be presented on Thursday.

As for land forces equipment, the defense minister told reporters that Iranian military industries are currently producing more than 1,700 items related to land fighting.

"In this area, we produce nearly 100% of the material needed by our land forces," he said.

"The Karrar tank production line has just been optimized and we are in the process of designing and producing new machine guns that can be installed on our military ships," he added.

The defense minister said that the defense industries had gained access to the most advanced technology in the manufacture of military equipment so that they “are perfectly able to adapt their production lines to the orders of different units of combat ”.

How many times does Owj need to be revealed?

Rouhani is like Trump. He loves Photo Ops.

Guess it’s too soon for a 4th gen Iranian jet engine. Maybe in a couple more years.

How many times does Owj need to be revealed?

Rouhani is like Trump. He loves Photo Ops.

Guess it’s too soon for a 4th gen Iranian jet engine. Maybe in a couple more years.

This time it is Owj production line and also the newer engine. Apparently, Owj engine had several efficiency and longevity issues early after the first prototype.

If true I look forward to see a 4-engine RQ-170 unmanned bomber variant that carries 6 2500km range Soumar cruise missiles.
This would create Iranian strategic/intercontinental aviation.

What would be the speed of such a flying wing?

Me and you are on same page regarding a future long range supersonic unmanned bomber.

This time it is Owj production line and also the newer engine. Apparently, Owj engine had several efficiency and longevity issues early after the first prototype.

So then what engine is in Kowsar production models? Owj or F-5 J-85’s?

Back
Top Bottom