What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Thought you were referring to AL-31

Need to learn to walk before you learn to run.

AL-21 is better than RD-33 in thurst (dry) and afterburner, and in line in fuel consumption (I believe), as well as sporting a better thrust to weight ratio.

Iran’s biggest need is an interceptor to replace F-14. And for an interceptor you need a powerful heavy engine that can power a jet to quickly intercept adversary and stay in pursuit. So it will be interesting to see what Iran picks to fit that job. Tomcats can’t fly forever.

Iran has been working on “heavier” engines for more than a decade.

And why would you build a plane (airframe) before you have it’s engine? Makes no sense.
If that is true then that should`ve been plenty of time for iran to develop an airframe design,as any engine would almost certainly be a reverse/reengineering of an existing engine in irans possession,which would naturally mean that both its dimensions and performance envelope would be known well in advance and it would leave plenty of time to develop an airframe design and even a mockup.However the only remotely possible new airframe design that we have seen would be the q313,and we`ve heard nothing more back at all from that since its taxi tests of a few years ago.
But hey...,maybe you`re right and they simply decided to do things completely a$$-backwards purely for nothing more than sh!ts and giggles.I mean who knows,frankly when it comes to the iriaf literally nothing would surprise me anymore.
Altho if this is an irgc-af run program then that is potentially something far more credible.
As with most things time will tell I guess.

Last edited:

Unveiling of turbofan engine for UAVs on Defense Industry Day

Minister of Defense: Tomorrow, the production line of the peak engine will be opened; A fourth-generation light turbofan engine for drones will also be unveiled. Two missile products will be unveiled.
#Ministry of Defence

Shahed-149?

well i will be damned, its just light turbofan engine for drones :(

the production line of the Owj engine will be opened. an fourth-generation light turbofan engine for drones will also be unveiled too and two missile systems will be unveiled as well.

Well thats ok.

A heavy (>=RD-33) turbofan would be such a big deal that it would have its own unveiling together with the president.

A mini-turbofan with the option of a electric fan attached to it opens many possibilities for Iran.

It slows down fan speed, which is desirable for efficiency.
Anyway it is no secret, google for how it works.

i want to say maybe? but maybe not? :what::undecided:

EfxLhhsWsAISkdb

Back
Top Bottom