What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

So then what engine is in Kowsar production models? Owj or F-5 J-85’s?
Very likely refurbished j-85s as it would be very foolish to risk putting a pre-production engine in a front line fighter.Then again its also quite possible that the kowsars themselves are in fact just pre-production machines used purely for testing purposes only.
Ultimately when it comes to the iriaf its hard to know what to believe.

Very likely refurbished j-85s as it would be very foolish to risk putting a pre-production engine in a front line fighter.Then again its also quite possible that the kowsars themselves are in fact just pre-production machines used purely for testing purposes only.
Ultimately when it comes to the iriaf its hard to know what to believe.

Becareful what you say. If you say Kowsar is a refurbished F-5, some individuals on here lose it. They been saying ever single one is a new one since Saeghe I then II then Kowsar (Saeghe III).

Maybe it’s like the Karrar....a modernization upgrade project to keep F-5’s flight worthy for another 10 years. Who knows.

I take everything the airforce Branch says with a bucket of salt after the F-313 debacle. The fact they won’t give us the status on that project (delayed, shelved, in progress, etc) is quite frankly a joke.

What would be the speed of such a flying wing?

Me and you are on same page regarding a future long range supersonic unmanned bomber.

Not high as far as can be estimated from the RQ-170 engine size. It must be greater than 600km/h for that proposed LO stand-off bomber.

Anyway it only adds flexibility. The platform itself is subsonic and needs a operational base to start from and its stand-off CM weapon needs a target that it vulnerable because that weapon is subsonic too.
The concept survives due to the huge endurance, stand-off range and automatic avoidance of enemy sensors.

Becareful what you say. If you say Kowsar is a refurbished F-5, some individuals on here lose it. They been saying ever single one is a new one since Saeghe I then II then Kowsar (Saeghe III).

Maybe it’s like the Karrar....a modernization upgrade project to keep F-5’s flight worthy for another 10 years. Who knows.

I take everything the airforce Branch says with a bucket of salt after the F-313 debacle. The fact they won’t give us the status on that project (delayed, shelved, in progress, etc) is quite frankly a joke.
I agree with everything you`ve said in this post...:eek:

upload_2020-8-20_9-27-18.png

Kind of feel sorry for the turbojet Owj team. It’s obvious that the next step will be to improve and increase the size of the jahesh 700 turbofan engine which is decades ahead! Relatively quite, super efficient and 60 000 ft cruising capability!

4000 kg max take of weight aircraft is theorized for this engine. 4x of these would make a sweet bomber (16000kg) as @PeeD has speculated! Compare that with 12000kg max take of Weight of f5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom