What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

fcb5b6c8-86a7-4b44-b785-77f51730fc34

Looks like a unfinished Bavar 2 or it’s variant

300px-HESA_Bavar-2.jpg

If you look closely that plane in that picture has no cockpit yet nor does have it intakes for engine to get air.

Honestly is that upper left picture even taken in Iran?

Either way Sofreh Mahi project and every fighter jet project is on hold Till iran can demonstrate a worthy engine to power them.

Even F-313 has disappeared from the news and that was going to be powered by j-85
well I'm sure it's not bavar. it has trapezoidal wings, v tail and upper side air intake, the wing roots stretched near the cockpit and the only difference is that this plane has single engine. i'm not sure if it's Iran or not but i never saw something like this from any other nation than Iran. i give it the benefit of doubt.

excuse me how old are you ?
Did you really add any value to this topic by your post? Whoever says something you and few more users do not like in this forum, is a kid in your mind?

Honestly is that upper left picture even taken in Iran?

Even F-313 has disappeared from the news and that was going to be powered by j-85

No it is not taken in Iran, as one guy is wearing jeans. I personally hope F-313 flys soon as a test plane.

Last edited:
fcb5b6c8-86a7-4b44-b785-77f51730fc34

well I'm sure it's not bavar. it has trapezoidal wings, v tail and upper side air intake, the wing roots stretched near the cockpit and the only difference is that this plane has single engine. i'm not sure if it's Iran or not but i never saw something like this from any other nation than Iran. i give it the benefit of doubt.

No it is not taken in Iran, as one guy is wearing jeans. I personally hope F-313 flys soon as a test plane.

Yeah it’s kind of hard to see the picture on my end. I figured it must be in Iran or else why Did the user even post this picture? Sofreh Mahi model picture has been around for a while. So if that picture isn’t in Iran nothing new was added to the conversation.

I will say that plane looks weird and material looks plastic plus why is it being lowered into the ground?

Also factory looks unclean and rusty hardly a place where someone would assemble or test a fighter jet.

Very weird indeed. Maybe someone here can shed more light on that picture.

F-313 is disturbing because of lack of “talk” by ANY military official. It hasn’t been mentioned since the Rouhani taxi unveiling which I fear may have been nothing more than a PR event for Rouhani.

Military officials have mentioned Kowsar and Kowsar-88 but haven’t mentioned a single thing about F-313 in last 12-18 months. Unless I missed an article.

I too think F-313 If enlarged in size, if intakes are enlarged, and wing tips are straightened out that it could be a decent stealth variant in the F-5 class. Cheap and easy to produce.

Yeah it’s kind of hard to see the picture on my end. I figured it must be in Iran or else why Did the user even post this picture? Sofreh Mahi model picture has been around for a while. So if that picture isn’t in Iran nothing new was added to the conversation.

I will say that plane looks weird and material looks plastic plus why is it being lowered into the ground?

Also factory looks unclean and rusty hardly a place where someone would assemble or test a fighter jet.

Very weird indeed. Maybe someone here can shed more light on that picture.

F-313 is disturbing because of lack of “talk” by ANY military official. It hasn’t been mentioned since the Rouhani taxi unveiling which I fear may have been nothing more than a PR event for Rouhani.

Military officials have mentioned Kowsar and Kowsar-88 but haven’t mentioned a single thing about F-313 in last 12-18 months. Unless I missed an article.

I too think F-313 If enlarged in size, if intakes are enlarged, and wing tips are straightened out that it could be a decent stealth variant in the F-5 class. Cheap and easy to produce.
What about Karrar tank?

What about Karrar tank?

Something doesn’t sit well with me regarding the Karrar tank.

If you look at articles prior to announcement of Karrar tank, there was a battle between IRGC vs Army. It was rather quick and most may have missed it.

A high ranking Army General said something along the lines of Iran plans to upgrade its tanks and purchase T-90 from Russia. Supposedly some Iranian militias/IRGC in Syria used T-90s in syria as a test and were impressed by it in the battlefield.

Anyway then less than week or so later an IRGC official completely exposes the commander and says Iran doesn’t need T-90 and no plans to buy it and Iran can build a tank even better.

That same Army General is rebuked and embarrassed and comes back shortly after proclaiming that Iran doesn’t need T-90 that it can make its own.

Sometime after that the Karrar project is unveiled.

My question here is, it is doubtful that an high ranking Army general would not know that Iran is working on karrar tank. Such a project doesn’t just happen overnight. So then why go out there and pubically say they will buy T-90?

Very strange. My theory is if Karrar tank sees the light of day that Russia has had a back door deal with a iran on PARTIAL tech transfer of T-90 tech. Because Karrar isn’t an exact copy of T-90 but shares a lot of similarities. Either that or Iran learned to reverse engineer most of it in the few years it was in Syrian service.

Really tough to say, just peculiar how it all played out.

Anyway with mechanized armour, Iran places a very low priority on upgrading that arsenal. It will be a last phase type thing because the threat of land invasion is so low and even if land invasion happens wether Iran has Lepoard 2 or T-72 or T-90 it won’t make much of a difference if US establishes air superiority in iranian skies. So again low priority.

I like the Iran route of upgrading T-72 tanks to Karrar standard if possible. Why waste perfectly good tanks. Karrar is not built to be a “next gen” tank for the next 20 years. It’s a stop gap till something better is developed.

Something doesn’t sit well with me regarding the Karrar tank.

If you look at articles prior to announcement of Karrar tank, there was a battle between IRGC vs Army. It was rather quick and most may have missed it.

A high ranking Army General said something along the lines of Iran plans to upgrade its tanks and purchase T-90 from Russia. Supposedly some Iranian militias/IRGC in Syria used T-90s in syria as a test and were impressed by it in the battlefield.

Anyway then less than week or so later an IRGC official completely exposes the commander and says Iran doesn’t need T-90 and no plans to buy it and Iran can build a tank even better.

That same Army General is rebuked and embarrassed and comes back shortly after proclaiming that Iran doesn’t need T-90 that it can make its own.

Sometime after that the Karrar project is unveiled.

My question here is, it is doubtful that an high ranking Army general would not know that Iran is working on karrar tank. Such a project doesn’t just happen overnight. So then why go out there and pubically say they will buy T-90?

Very strange. My theory is if Karrar tank sees the light of day that Russia has had a back door deal with a iran on PARTIAL tech transfer of T-90 tech. Because Karrar isn’t an exact copy of T-90 but shares a lot of similarities. Either that or Iran learned to reverse engineer most of it in the few years it was in Syrian service.

Really tough to say, just peculiar how it all played out.

Anyway with mechanized armour, Iran places a very low priority on upgrading that arsenal. It will be a last phase type thing because the threat of land invasion is so low and even if land invasion happens wether Iran has Lepoard 2 or T-72 or T-90 it won’t make much of a difference if US establishes air superiority in iranian skies. So again low priority.

I like the Iran route of upgrading T-72 tanks to Karrar standard if possible. Why waste perfectly good tanks. Karrar is not built to be a “next gen” tank for the next 20 years. It’s a stop gap till something better is developed.
Possibly IRGC already working with Karrar in secrecy without the knowing of the Artesh high command, i don't know Why those IRGC always working in weapons project in secrecy without telling Artesh what it's working in?

Hi,

What high pressure suit for air combat---? There is no such thing---. There is a pressure suit---and that should have been a part of the deal---.

Otherwise the long range BVR missiles that the F14 had---with their radar had the capability to take on any aircraft that the russians sent---.
For above 50000ft, you need a pressure suite like this:
200px-U-2-pilot-suit-up.jpg

and U.S didn't sell any to Iran to allow Iranian fighter jets fly high enough to intercept the MIG25, cause if they did (sold), now people couln't argue about the necessity of F14 with 4 times higher price than F15!

And if you wanna know about the real capabilities of F14 when it's target is flying 28,000 ft higher, then look at their score during Iran-Iraq war, just 2.

and U.S didn't sell any to Iran to allow Iranian fighter jets fly high enough to intercept the MIG25, cause if they did (sold), now people couln't argue about the necessity of F14 with 4 times higher price than F15!

And if you wanna know about the real capabilities of F14 when it's target is flying 28,000 ft higher, then look at their score during Iran-Iraq war, just 2.
You don't get that if we bought F-15 we would have got a system that was limited to sparrow .we would have got far inferior RADAR for ability to drop bombs.

Did you really add any value to this topic by your post? Whoever says something you and few more users do not like in this forum, is a kid in your mind?
what pipi you seying 1.i dont speak to you if u dont comment we say you are dead 2 .the alive human dont need blab one 3. sofre mahi is bavar 2 what connection 4.how old are u too.i promise you are like him too plz take out great iran flag and use ur beloved one

sir f-14 is not designed to high altitude flights , even US pilots didn't had pressurizing suits. if you fly that high with f-14 your cockpit would pop out. also no escape zone for a mig-25 with AIM-7 is only 18 km if the mother plane and target fly at same altitude. while this number for AIM-54 is 60 km.

Hi,

With the BVR capability of the F14's---It could easily launch the missile from under 35000 ft at targets flying above it---. Phoenix missile had a very long range.

What is this? Iranian made? That tunnel looks like a full size wind tunnel to me.
well i don't know someone in the military.ir posted it and i was hoping someone know something about it.
but i have to say it, i never saw something like this before. it is quite similar to sofreh mahi.

Back
Top Bottom