What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

well i don't know someone in the military.ir posted it and i was hoping someone know something about it.
but i have to say it, i never saw something like this before. it is quite similar to sofreh mahi.
The one who posted it didn't know either? Just thinking out loud: the wing span is too small for subsonic flight. So it should most probably have been designed for high speed. On the other hand, it is too small to house a jet engine and fuel and armament. Could it be a kamikaze style manned supersonic cruise missiles?

They really shouldn't allow cellphones in such places. Why should this picture get out and published in the first place?

Full size wind tunnel:

https://www.nasa.gov/content/wind-tunnel-testing-a-full-sized-aircraft-tail

The one who posted it didn't know either? Just thinking out loud: the wing span is too small for subsonic flight. So it should most probably have been designed for high speed. On the other hand, it is too small to house a jet engine and fuel and armament. Could it be a kamikaze style manned supersonic cruise missiles?

They really shouldn't allow cellphones in such places. Why should this picture get out and published in the first place?

Full size wind tunnel:

That plane is a mock up. Look at the wings they are not “sharp” enough and almost wing look inflated at some points. The angles and everything look round and not sharp.

Plus this plane when compared to people standing near it, is not that big. Look at size of F-35 and even bigger F-22 to understand how big 5th gen fighter is.

Given India failed with both its domestic fighter jet program and fighter engine, I am not optimistic we see anything from Iran without significant technology boost from Russia or China.

Right now at J-85 stage not much can be done besides F-5 class fighter jet.

If turkey ends up acquiring SU-57 from Russia, Iran should demand it as well. 75-100 SU-57 will be significant boost to Iran’s Air Force as it’s a true air superiority fighter which is what Iran first needs to support the F-14’s.

F-35 in my opinion would lose against SU-57 because it’s not designed to be a true air superiority fighter but rather multi role jack of all trades fighter jet.

Anyway, just a thought. Big obstacle is Russia honoring such a deal.

That plane is a mock up. Look at the wings they are not “sharp” enough and almost wing look inflated at some points. The angles and everything look round and not sharp.

Plus this plane when compared to people standing near it, is not that big. Look at size of F-35 and even bigger F-22 to understand how big 5th gen fighter is.

Given India failed with both its domestic fighter jet program and fighter engine, I am not optimistic we see anything from Iran without significant technology boost from Russia or China.

If turkey ends up acquiring SU-57 from Russia, Iran should demand it as well. 75-100 SU-57 will be significant boost to Iran’s Air Force as it’s a true air superiority fighter which is what Iran first needs to support the F-14’s.

F-35 in my opinion would lose against SU-57 because it’s not designed to be a true air superiority fighter but rather multi role jack of all trades fighter jet.

75-100 su57 is only a boost to sukhoi and keep iran aviatian industry sedated for the next 30-40 years.
We must not go and buy any sort of fighter till we managed to produce a serrious light fighter.

upload_2019-7-3_23-5-2-png.567990
Wind tunnel! Not iran! Simply because it is too old and utilized.

Full size wind tunnel:

well I'm not a member of military.ir and they don't show conversations to guests only headings. i don't know if it's manned or not but from the first day they showed us a manned mock up and said it's a drone!!!
but I'm agree they should not allow cell phones in such places, i was doing fine before i know we have the sofreh mahi project going, right now i'm super excited.:D:D

we can buy engine from Russia, until we come with better one.

75-100 su57 is only a boost to sukhoi and keep iran aviatian industry sedated for the next 30-40 years.
We must not go and buy any sort of fighter till we managed to produce a serrious light fighter.

This is not logical.

You cannot expect a country that has a military budget of $20 billion (of which more than 60% goes to IRGC) to be able to fund a serious domestic fighter jet program (not F-5 clone).

Plus Iran in its wildest dreams will not be able to build something in the realm of SU-57 or SU-35, so again issue remains unresolved.

So sooner or later iran will have to address the need for a true air superiority fighter and those are the hardest things to make!

Even China with its massive domestic air force still routinely buys planes from russia.

Iran has been working on F-5 clones since the 90’s and still don’t have a mass produced fighter jet.

well I'm not a member of military.ir and they don't show conversations to guests only headings. i don't know if it's manned or not but from the first day they showed us a manned mock up and said it's a drone!!!
but I'm agree they should not allow cell phones in such places, i was doing fine before i know we have the sofreh mahi project going, right now i'm super excited.:D:D

we can buy engine from Russia, until we come with better one.

Already attempted and Russia balked.

You didn't read my post. That's why I asked: could it be a manned kamikaze style cruise missile? It can fly with solid fuel. That doesn't need that much space.

You didn't read my post. That's why I asked: could it be a manned kamikaze style cruise missile? It can fly with solid fuel. That doesn't need that much space.

That doesn’t even make sense.

Why would you create a manned cruise missile? It’s inefficient

This isn’t WW2.

This is not logical.

You cannot expect a country that has a military budget of $20 billion (of which more than 60% goes to IRGC) to be able to fund a serious domestic fighter jet program (not F-5 clone).

Plus Iran in its wildest dreams will not be able to build something in the realm of SU-57 or SU-35, so again issue remains unresolved.

So sooner or later iran will have to address the need for a true air superiority fighter and those are the hardest things to make!

Even China with its massive domestic air force still routinely buys planes from russia.

Iran has been working on F-5 clones since the 90’s and still don’t have a mass produced fighter jet.
nobody talked about SU-57. I said light fighter something like JF-17 , F-20.
for that we need to build an new engine and then we can modify the body of f-5 to carry more fuel something like Israel f-16.
our military leathers claiming we already work on new engine . they are working on avionic . the only remaining thing is somebody start working on 60 era methalorgy and we reinvent the wheel on that field

nobody talked about SU-57. I said light fighter something like JF-17 , F-20.
for that we need to build an new engine and then we can modify the body of f-5 to carry more fuel something like Israel f-16.
our military leathers claiming we already work on new engine . they are working on avionic . the only remaining thing is somebody start working on 60 era methalorgy and we reinvent the wheel on that field

What are you talking about. You are trying to take a light class CAS fighter and make it a modern multi role fighter. This is a big NO NO.

You can’t make an F-5 do the job of an F-16. So stop with this idea that Iran needs to turn F-5 project into something, before it should order Air superiority fighters that will save its *** come war time wether that’s in 10 years or 30 years.

Iran Air Force is not stupid. Even with all this desperation if you did one iota of research you will find they have rejected MANY Air Force projects because they don’t trust the quality or believe that it deserves funding to move to next stage . You don’t just build an engine design and throw it on a fighter jet. That engine needs tens of thousands of hours of testing before even entering prototype stage let alone serial production stage.

Ask @PeeD or anyone here who is much more knowledgeable about jet engines than me and they will tell you Iran reverse engineering even a 50 year old RD-33 is highly unlikely without significant foreign assistance.

Add that to the JOKE that is Iran Air Force budget (some put the amount at less then 100 million per year) and you sir are high on taaryak if you think Iran can supply its Air Force needs with domestic production.

That doesn’t even make sense.

Why would you create a manned cruise missile? It’s inefficient

This isn’t WW2.
Well I don't know any AI or other computer based guidance system that could outperform human brain. It cannot be fooled or disrupted by EW means. So when it is fired, it can go towards its target in total radio silence and hit it unless it is shoot down before it reaches the target.

Well I don't know any AI or other computer based guidance system that could outperform human brain. It cannot be fooled or disrupted by EW means. So when it is fired, it can go towards its target in total radio silence and hit it unless it is shoot down before it reaches the target.

The best chess player is a computer.

The best Go Player (a game thought to replicate human thinking and brain power) was beaten by an AI.

Literally AI outperforms the human brain, invalidating your statement.

Lastly the thing that makes a CM so vulnerable is its slow speed and RCS hence why you have supersonic/ stealth CMs being built.

While EW can play a part, the sheer number of CMs that get fired in attack makes it hard to battle them using EW. If you block GPS, they will switch to various onboard navigation systems and still achieve a reasonable CEP, maybe not GPS level CEP but still reasonable.

Stick a human on a CM and all you have done is send a person on a one ticket to death with a bigger RCS than a normal CM.

The fact Iran has begun switching to unmanned suicide boats (tested by Houthis on Emirati Navy ship) should tell you all you need about future of asymmetric warfare in Iran’s eyes.

Whatever this picture is, it’s clear it’s not in iran and maybe a crude wind tunnel mock up test of some jet in early stages of r&d.

The best chess player is a computer.

The best Go Player (a game thought to replicate human thinking and brain power) was beaten by an AI.

Literally AI outperforms the human brain, invalidating your statement.

Lastly the thing that makes a CM so vulnerable is its slow speed and RCS hence why you have supersonic/ stealth CMs being built.

While EW can play a part, the sheer number of CMs that get fired in attack makes it hard to battle them using EW. If you block GPS, they will switch to various onboard navigation systems and still achieve a reasonable CEP, maybe not GPS level CEP but still reasonable.

Stick a human on a CM and all you have done is send a person on a one ticket to death with a bigger RCS than a normal CM.

The fact Iran has begun switching to unmanned suicide boats (tested by Houthis on Emirati Navy ship) should tell you all you need about future of asymmetric warfare in Iran’s eyes.

Whatever this picture is, it’s clear it’s not in iran and maybe a crude wind tunnel mock up test of some jet in early stages of r&d.
Chess is a structured game where you can draw a decision tree for every possible move. It is not comparable to navigation.

If you like to see where AI is lacking see how well the autonomous vehicles are performing. None of the are still comparable to human brain.

I thought it might be supersonic due to very short wings. But anyways, it was just a thought.

Well , right know budget is directed toward air defence system , after that i think we will direct major budget to air force or drone force ....

Now. Lets do R&D in missiles , radar and uav , when we become serious about Air force , we will use our previous knowledge ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom