What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

well i don't know someone in the military.ir posted it and i was hoping someone know something about it.
but i have to say it, i never saw something like this before. it is quite similar to sofreh mahi.

Any update on what that is? It looks so much like this:

Sofreh_Mahi_mockup.jpg

Any update on what that is? It looks so much like this:

Sofreh_Mahi_mockup.jpg
you just have to look at the image you posted, they unveiled it as a drone and depict it as a manned plane in that poster. high likely it's an stealth drone or a manned bomber because i'm 100% sure that you can't perform intensive maneuvers with a plane that has upper side air intakes.
the delta wing one is way more cooler than this, judging by its structure it should have place for shit load of fuel=extensive combat radius.

you just have to look at the image you posted, they unveiled it as a drone and depict it as a manned plane in that poster. high likely it's an stealth drone or a manned bomber because i'm 100% sure that you can't perform intensive maneuvers with a plane that has upper side air intakes.
the delta wing one is way more cooler than this, judging by its structure it should have place for shit load of fuel=extensive combat radius.

Can you find out if that image was from Iran? I tried looking on the internet and I cannot see where it could it from. Given the similarities it is showing to sofreh mahi, I am tilting towards it being from Iran...

Can you find out if that image was from Iran? I tried looking on the internet and I cannot see where it could it from. Given the similarities it is showing to sofreh mahi, I am tilting towards it being from Iran...
first i saw it in military.ir, apart from that i never saw something similar to it from foreign countries. also it's really looks like the other model number 2 of SM project. it really decreases the possibilities to Iran.
also seems like some one uploaded it to that forum:
http://www.military.ir/forums/topic...ن-ایران/?page=130&tab=comments#comment-450451

Sadly this is from the nasa SHARC/FLAC program back in the early 90s.
36123-1d3d721bd399a4f110e085e01626a193.jpg

36119-a7f689bd0f1a7c835b98a12cd012195f.jpg

36122-69e2ca17a6df499f6ae0e776f207a441.jpg

77918main_AC94-0480-29.jpg

77919main_AC94-0480-41.jpg

Mystery solved.

Personally I think Sofreh Mahi project got shelved after capture of RQ-170. Iran decided to go with more modern flying wing.

Now the fighter variant of it keeps showing up in posters every once in a while. But lack of funding and IRGC pressure on not funding Air Force keeps it from reality.

training dogfight between T-38 talon (derived of F-5A) and F-22 raptor ( talon successfully locks 3 times on raptor):
once i asked one of our pilots about his opinion over Indian downed SU-30 by JF-17 (at that time people thought it was a JF-17 not an F-16), he said "i wouldn't surprise if one day an F-5 beats an F-22 in air, once you flew anything is possible".
dude had some wisdom i guess.:D:D
side note: look how fast raptor out maneuvers T-38, it's really a good shit to fly with.

training dogfight between T-38 talon (derived of F-5A) and F-22 raptor ( talon successfully locks 3 times on raptor):
once i asked one of our pilots about his opinion over Indian downed SU-30 by JF-17 (at that time people thought it was a JF-17 not an F-16), he said "i wouldn't surprise if one day an F-5 beats an F-22 in air, once you flew anything is possible".
dude had some wisdom i guess.:D:D
side note: look how fast raptor out maneuvers T-38, it's really a good shit to fly with.
I don't think the T-38 is really trying to do high g maneuvers. It is turning too slow.

I don't think the T-38 is really trying to do high g maneuvers. It is turning too slow.
if you listen to the pilot voice you will notice that they put a lot g force during maneuvers. fighter jets have limited turn ratios if you manage to put yourself under their passing route (while they are maneuvering) you can see how slow they perform it.

Back
Top Bottom